“Great Memorable Meal” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zinzi

Zinzi
Cuisines: African, European, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, View, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Vibrant and casual with distinctive international flavours, Zinzi Restaurant offers an abundant & tasty menu. Ideal for sun-downers on the deck, or for a relaxed dining experience, Zinzi embraces the spirit of hearty cuisine and zesty ingredients with a choice selection of a la carte menu items. A meal at Zinzi is truly an abundant experience of honest food, warm service and superb ambience, at an affordable price.
“Great Memorable Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We spent the evening at Zinzi's with good friends to celebrate my wife's birthday. I had notified the restaurant of the occassion, and on arrival after being warmly received they made the welcome extra special by wishing my wife well for her birthday. That set the tone of the evening with the excellent service matched by the presentation of the food comparable to any top restaurant anywhere in the world. The varying flavours, aroumas that we feasted on from our different meals ranging from the shared starters of African Platter and Country Platter to the main courses of Pork Belly, Lamb Rump and Sole completed the exceptional evening.
Well done to the team at Zinzi! If you are staying in the area, go and spoil yourself!

• Visited July 2014
Zinzi_Rest, General Manager at Zinzi, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Bernard M
Thank you for choosing Zinzi to host your wife's birthday celebrations with your dear friends.
It gives us great pleasure knowing that guests enjoy the ambiance as well as food that we have on offer.
We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back in the near future.

Cape Town
“Elegant Dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We decided to end our week's holiday with a meal at Zinzi. We loved the setting of the restaurant as well as the views out to the beautiful garden from our table. We had sirloin steaks which were 'okay' but not exceptional. My creme brulee dessert was the best I've ever had. The flavors were just amazing. My husband had a chocolate pudding which he said was also really good. This restaurant has such potential and we will definitely go back and give it another try. It is a lovely place to go for a special evening out.

Visited July 2014
Dear Anne G

Thank you for choosing Zinzi Restaurant to dine at on your last evening of holiday in Plettenberg Bay as well as your kind review.
We are pleased that you had enjoyed the dessert selection as well as the beautiful gardens.
Chalmar beef is rated as top quality; therefore we use this beef for our sirloin cuts. Would you kindly drop us a mail in order for me to investigate whether it was the quality that was not top notch or if it was not prepared to your liking? We regard feedback as a way to improve on every way possible and would very much like to do so for future guests as well as yourselves when in the area again.

Sally-Anne
zinzi@hunterhotels.com
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We visited on Tuesday evening while on holiday in Plett. My 14 year old son was reluctant to go given the apparently long drive (15 mins) from Plett. An all round superb experience was had by all. My daughter and I had the Pork Belly - certainly the best I have ever had. Value for money given the superb quality is exceptional.

Dear Trevor V

Thank you for taking the drive and convincing your son to do so as well. We are pleased that you enjoyed your dinner at Zinzi and very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

plettenberg bay
“Always a winner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Arrived for a late lunch on Sunday and were pleased we had a lovely table by the window for myself and my husband and two good friends. We are not able to enjoy a quiet lunch and chat with friends very often, but this day was perfect for just that. The hosts are always exceptional, Sally Ann, Kervin and their team always makes us feel very welcome. The menu has changed a bit and happy to see they offered some new exciting dishes, the tempura prawns were great! The meal was done beautifully and nicely presented. Three of us had the pork belly with a mash and baby stuffed apples. Delicious (hint....ask for it to be lean). Thanks again for a wonderful Sunday afternoon!

• Visited June 2014
Dear oboolsen

Thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure to have you dine with us.

I have passed on your wonderful food comments to our Chef team; they look forward to tantalizing your taste buds in the near future.

Grahamstown, South Africa
“Worth the drive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

My family had lunch at Zinzi, they are about 15km or so out of Knysna and I really had not felt like the drive but I am so glad I did. The service was wonderful the food was incredible( a small menu fortunately as it is almost impossible to decide), my daughter said her fish was 'the best thing she has ever eaten'. The setting is lovely and I would think that in summer it would be a wonderful experience to sit outside and enjoy the garden. I would highly recommend it as a romantic venue as well.
A fantastic find and I can't wait to go back again.

• Visited June 2014
Dear barbara b

Thank you for your lovely review.
We are delighted that you took the drive out to experience Zinzi Restaurant.
I do hope you would be able to visit during the warmer months to enjoy the grounds.

Sally-Anne