“A Not to be missed Restaurant”
Review of Zinzi

Zinzi
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Vibrant and casual with distinctive international flavours, Zinzi Restaurant offers an abundant & tasty menu. Ideal for sun-downers on the deck, or for a relaxed dining experience, Zinzi embraces the spirit of hearty cuisine and zesty ingredients with a choice selection of a la carte menu items. A meal at Zinzi is truly an abundant experience of honest food, warm service and superb ambience, at an affordable price.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Driving down towards Wilderness, Zinzi is an ideal place to stop for lunch ( and I am sure for dinner too). Located just off the N2, the ambience & service alone would justify the drive from Knysna or wherever but the food was simply divine. And a selection of Wines in plenty. As we had to drive on, we could not spend time after lunch to explore the place.

There are newer reviews for Zinzi

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We started off with an amazing bottle of 1984 Meerlust Rubicon, it was on special and was just divine! My wife and I shared a Mediterranean platter which was very tasty. We had the Karoo lamb main course and it just melted in the mouth. I finished off with the Decadent Chocolate dessert, which lived up to its name. My wife had the chocolate mousse which was fantastic as well.

This was for a very special occasion and it was the perfect fit!

Zinzi_Rest, General Manager at Zinzi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Larsbigbird
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the very rare & special 1984 Rubicon as well as the enticing food.
We are delighted that we could make your special occasion perfect.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We spent the evening at Zinzi's with good friends to celebrate my wife's birthday. I had notified the restaurant of the occassion, and on arrival after being warmly received they made the welcome extra special by wishing my wife well for her birthday. That set the tone of the evening with the excellent service matched by the presentation of the food comparable to any top restaurant anywhere in the world. The varying flavours, aroumas that we feasted on from our different meals ranging from the shared starters of African Platter and Country Platter to the main courses of Pork Belly, Lamb Rump and Sole completed the exceptional evening.
Well done to the team at Zinzi! If you are staying in the area, go and spoil yourself!

Zinzi_Rest, General Manager at Zinzi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Bernard M
Thank you for choosing Zinzi to host your wife's birthday celebrations with your dear friends.
It gives us great pleasure knowing that guests enjoy the ambiance as well as food that we have on offer.
We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We decided to end our week's holiday with a meal at Zinzi. We loved the setting of the restaurant as well as the views out to the beautiful garden from our table. We had sirloin steaks which were 'okay' but not exceptional. My creme brulee dessert was the best I've ever had. The flavors were just amazing. My husband had a chocolate pudding which he said was also really good. This restaurant has such potential and we will definitely go back and give it another try. It is a lovely place to go for a special evening out.

Zinzi_Rest, General Manager at Zinzi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Anne G

Thank you for choosing Zinzi Restaurant to dine at on your last evening of holiday in Plettenberg Bay as well as your kind review.
We are pleased that you had enjoyed the dessert selection as well as the beautiful gardens.
Chalmar beef is rated as top quality; therefore we use this beef for our sirloin cuts. Would you kindly drop us a mail in order for me to investigate whether it was the quality that was not top notch or if it was not prepared to your liking? We regard feedback as a way to improve on every way possible and would very much like to do so for future guests as well as yourselves when in the area again.

Sally-Anne
zinzi@hunterhotels.com

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We visited on Tuesday evening while on holiday in Plett. My 14 year old son was reluctant to go given the apparently long drive (15 mins) from Plett. An all round superb experience was had by all. My daughter and I had the Pork Belly - certainly the best I have ever had. Value for money given the superb quality is exceptional.

Dear Trevor V

Thank you for taking the drive and convincing your son to do so as well. We are pleased that you enjoyed your dinner at Zinzi and very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.