We were travelling from the Port Elizabeth area (Gorah Elephant Camp) to Stellenbosch and decided to stay in Plett as a stopover for a couple of nights. The reviews for this hotel were really good so we went with it. I am so glad that we did. The hotel is impressive from the moment you walk in. Craig, the manager, met us and showed us to our rooms. He was a lovely lost for the whole time that we were there. From the outside the rooms look quite rustic. When you step inside they resemble a London City pad! We had the two bedroomed villa and it was beautiful. It had a kitchen and dining area which we did not need, but it also had a lounge with fire (lit for you each evening) and complimentary port. So after we came back from dinner and the girls had gone to bed we sat chatting in front of a lovely fire drinking the odd glass of port - how fantastic! Both bedrooms had en-suite bathroom facilities which were out of this world! Breakfast was really delicious and very plentiful with a huge amount of choice. On the first night we ate in Plett at the Fat Fish which was really nice and definitely needed a reservation - Craig organised this for us although the restaurant was obviously full to the brim! He also organised a local taxi who was really helpful and not at all expensive. On the second night we ate at Zinzi which is the hotel restaurant. This was a fantastic meal and I would thoroughly recommend. All in all a lovely stay. We did not venture out of the hotel into Plett very much, but really did not need to. We took a day trip with our tour company whilst we were there, but again, Craig is happy to organise all of the touring that you may need. Definitely worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst the treetops of an age-old indigenous forest, Tsala is a lavish celebration of the spirit of Africa. Irresistible to those who appreciate exclusivity, fine fare, romance and adventure. With beautiful private suites and villas, breathtaking views and forest seclusion, unique architectural design and excellent personal service, it is a fantastic get-away destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Tsala Treetop Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tsala Treetop Hotel Harkerville
- Tsala Treetop Plettenberg Bay
- Tsala Treetop Lodge South Africa/Harkerville