Id heard lovely things about the famous treetop hotel near Plett, and for the price I rightfully expected top-end. Instead what I found was a throwback to the early 90s with dated accommodation, poor attention to detail, (indoor fireplace had ash and half burnt wood from prev guests, pool deck needs varnishing), boring breakfast and a shift manager who could desperately use training on 5 star etiquette. He meant well I guess but it was painful. The bathroom was lovely, for the rest is suggest a review of 5-star-status and price reduction.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst the treetops of an age-old indigenous forest, Tsala is a lavish celebration of the spirit of Africa. Irresistible to those who appreciate exclusivity, fine fare, romance and adventure. With beautiful private suites and villas, breathtaking views and forest seclusion, unique architectural design and excellent personal service, it is a fantastic get-away destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Ebookers so you can book your Tsala Treetop Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tsala Treetop Hotel Harkerville
- Tsala Treetop Plettenberg Bay
- Tsala Treetop Lodge South Africa/Harkerville