“Pleasant stay”

Camping Village 4 Mori
Tiverton, United Kingdom
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My family stayed at 4 Mori from the 15th to the 22nd August 2013. We stayed in a 3 bedroom air conditioned mobile home. We are 30-35 years old and my son is 11 years old.

We hired a car from Cagliari airport and it took around 1 hour to get to the 4 Mori site. 4 mori is in the middle of nowhere and there are not many towns nearby so I would recommend you hire a car. We chose to use Firefly which was not too bad but you have to call them and they pick you up at the airport and take you a short distance off site. A bit of a pain but it all turned out OK in the end.

The campsite is nice, it's got a swimming pool (closed from 1.30 til 4pm), it has a tennis court come football area. This gets very busy and is also closed from 1pm to 4pm.

They have a small supermarket which has everything you need for BBQ's, breakfast etc

The beach is a few minutes walk from the main site and you walk through the site to get to it so it feels very safe, in-fact the whole campsite feels safe as there is nothing else around you. All the different nationalities mix very well, my son (British) played with German's, Italians, French etc and had a lovely time and made lots of friends.

They have entertainment every night from about 8.30pm till midnight. If you like this sort of thing then it's great but it is very loud and if you want to sit outside your accommodation it isn't exactly relaxing. A few nights we went to bed before midnight and I had to plug in my music and headphones to drown out the noise to get to sleep. The worst one was karaoke night, listening to loud music when people can sing is bearable but listening to loud music where people cannot sign is awful!

We didn't use the shower blocks provided for people using tents but we did look into the blocks, they didn't look very clean and looked a bit tatty and tired.

We ate in the restaurant on site once and this was lovely, the food was excellent and the suckling pig was delicious. In the main the service was good, we had a lovely waitress that served us and her English was very good, however we had take away pizza (also lovely) twice in the week and the staff didn't speak English at all so this was difficult at times. I did have a phrase book but they didn't seem to recognise anything I was attempting to say.

We went to a water park called Diverland which was around 50 minutes drive away. This was OK but not brilliant. On the website it mentioned that you could do half days but where we got there we couldn't just do the morning so we had to pay 54 Euros for the full day. We got there at 9.30am (opening time) and needed to leave at 2pm. They close everything from 1-2pm for safety reasons (staff lunch is more likely). From what I could tell you can get a half ticket from 2pm till 6pm so I would suggest that if you didn't want to go all day. The park wasn't amazing and we would have struggled to stay there all day.

If you do hire a car then I would suggest going to a beach called "costa rei". It was clear and great for snorkelling (lots of rocks under the sea a little way out) the beach had white sands and had a good amount of food and drink facilities. Also we just parked up on the main road in Costa Rei which cost nothing and walked down to the beach which took around 5 minutes.

So to sum up - 4 mori was a nice place, our caravan was clean, select camp staff were nice and helpful. The biggest issue for us was that you had no break from the entertainment, it would have been nice to have a couple of nights in the week where they didn't do anything past 9pm. We also struggled that everything closed for siesta from 1-5pm. I understand that this is the Italian way but people are on holiday and would like to use the facilities all day.

I would recommend 4 mori to people who love the "Butlins" type entertainment, but if like us you don't then I would give it a miss.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank FeeK2906

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Czech first
Monza, Italy
Reviewed 11 August 2013

As an English expatriate resident in Milan , I had always been put off by the seemingly high costs of holidaying in Sardinia, but I came across 4 Mori on the internet and after some very helpful email exchanges with the staff I made a booking. We have just returned from 9 days at 4 Mori and had a very enjoyable stay there. We flew down from Bergamo to Cagliari with Ryanair which was very reasonably priced ( we just checked in one suitcase and took hand baggage). We had pre arranged a transfer from Cagliari Airport which was duly waiting for us when we arrived, total cost of transfer was Euro 99 for three people which considering it is about 60 km was not bad at all in a comfortable air conditioned minibus with a very friendly driver. The striking thing is how sparsely populated this part of Sardinia is, we did not pass through a single town after leaving Cagliari, just some fine mountain and sea views. Transfer time was a comfortable hour with no traffic.
Reception was very friendly and well organised. We had a Monolocale for three people, which was small but clean and comfortable. We did not actually spent much time inside apart from sleeping and it had a nice terrace with table and deckchair. The best thing was its location, five minutes walk to the beach and five minutes to the pool. The apartment had its own barbecue which we used.
The beach is fabulous , as other people have pointed out it is darker sand, but clean and with same great views along the coast and to the mountains behind. There is a small area with sunbeds and umbrellas , but unusually for Italy the rest of it is free beach. Since we were travelling light we just wandered down there with towels when we felt like it and did not use the sunbeds. There is a nice and reasonably priced beach bar. We had three days of waves and the rest of the time it was flat. The sea is very clean and warm.
Swimming pool was excellent, there was a very friendly lifeguard and we never had any problems finding a sun lounger at any time of the day.
There is a small but well stocked supermarket, where honestly speaking prices did not seem that much higher than my local supermarket in Northern Italy. You just have time the visits right because it is closed from 1 pm to 5pm.
There is a nice central area with bar and restaurant. The bar area has a WiFi connection which worked fine, although it was noticeably slower in the evenings when everybody seemed to be logging on. Prices for drinks and ice creams in the bar were again fairly modest, Euro 2,40 for a beer served at the table and Euro 1 for an espresso which again is comprable with prices in Milan.
The entertainment staff were very friendly and relaxed, the good thing was that compared to some Italian holiday resorts there was no excessive pressure to participate. It was all very laid back . They put on shows every evening. We ate in the restaurant a couple of times, where that had a good selection of fish dishes and pizzas.
There is a synthetic sports pitch where the children had tennis lessons in the morning and in the evenings there were numerous impromptu football games.
We had a totally enjoyable and relaxing time, there was a mixture of Italians, French ,Dutch , German and Spanish guests with a handful of Brits, so there was not really any one group dominating things- just really friendly. The children really enjoyed and made some great friends. They were just able to wander around as they pleased. The great benefit is the total absence of traffic, no roads to cross going to the beach etc. It is just a safe and very free and easy place.

I would definitely go back again, since we just had a charming and chilled out time.

My only practical suggestion is that if you go without car, do take some cash with you- there is no cash point machine. The supermarket and restaurant take cards, the bar does not.

Overall an excellent stay

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank David R
Marco F, Direttore generale at Camping Village 4 Mori, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Dear David R, I do not know what to say except thank you for the very detailed and great review! I think that we will use in the next brochure and on our website! We are very pleased that you had a good holiday, and so we hope to see you again in the future.
Greetings from 4Mori!
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Went camping here for a week with my partner and some other couples. After a hellish journey getting here by bus that took us all day due to the confusing Italian bus station, it was worth it in the end. Once we got here everything was straight forward, we were directed to our pitch where we then setup and were amazed that if we took ten steps out of the tent we found ourselves on the beach! The beach was clean, quiet and the water was clear and full of fish. The tent pitches are under some trees for shade, but we stayed during a heatwave so they provided little cover; we basically couldn't go in our tent during the day as it was like stepping in an oven!

The restaurants were very tasty and reasonably priced, the service was also great every night when we had the same waiter, I'm afraid I can't remember his name, a bald middle aged man was very friendly. However we did have one bad experience on the last night where we didn't get served by our regular waiter and everything was a shambles. Orders were forgotten, food was cold and we then ended up arguing over the payment as they tried charging for the food that never turned up. But like I say, one blotch on a week of great food.

There isn't too much to do nearby, but its more the kind of place you go to relax and do stuff on the beach. We rented out a boat, climbed the nearby cliffs, played some volleyball with the other campers, it was all very relaxing and nice.

To sum up, great cheap beach front camping with good food.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Kent
Reviewed 13 September 2012

"This is the second time i have visited 4 Mori, last year in a Static and this year in a Appartment.

4 of us travelled. 2 Adults, a 17 year old and a 5 year old.

Appartment

This is set up for self catering. We had a double bed with Air conditioning, ample storage space, with a large wardrobe, and 2 bedside tables.

A good size bathroom with shower sink, toilet and bidet. The kitchen area had a bunk bed, sofa, and again storage wardrobe with enough space.

Outside is a veranda with large table / chairs and another seating area.

Plenty plenty of space bearing in mind you will only be in here mainly to sleep.

4Mori has just about everything you waould want to do, a beach, beach bar which serves xlaent food and cocktails, a large swimming pool with 2 children areas. The pool very children friendly.

At night thre is a animation team that have various different themes every night of the week. Because it is child friendly this does all stop at midnight. Time enough for a nice meal in the resteraunt on site and a beer/cocktail in the lovely bar area sitting and watching the entertainment.

4Mori is situated close to Costa Rei which has glorious sands and dream like views of the crystal sea. I would consider hiring a boat and going to some of the beaches that are not accesible by land, unreal setting abd pefectly clear water.

Whilst 4Mori does have and accomodates for just about everything - there is the odd day when you may want to travel somewhere, a car hire i would suggest would be very handy. Thsi can all be arranged through the reception for you.

Overall if you want a relaxing holiday with your children (or not) then 4Mori has it all. Great setting, stunning coast line, VERY friendly people and staff who virtually all speak English and dont forget to try some of the local food - you wont be dissapointed especially if you like seafood.

We Cant wait to go back.

Dave Brewer

Room Tip: Appartments are next to the swimming pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank DaveBrewer
Sheffield
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We had a perfect family break at 4mori in Aug 2012. 2 Adults and older kids (16 & 13).
Baring in mind this has been a cr4p year for weather in the UK we had flawless weather in Sardinia running up to about 38 degress every day - beautiful.

Car Hire
----------
We did hire a car and was very glad we did as 4 mori is about 3 miles from 'anywhere'. this allowed us to explore the Costa Rei coast and also get across to Diverland - a small waterpark on the ex-SS125 (KM19). We had a few trips into Muravera just to get to know the little town and stopped each time at a lovely Cafe (Cafe Arte) at the North-End of the town which sold lovely coffee, beverages and pastries, had a cool and relaxing conservatory and played great music - with really friendly staff.
We used the EasyJet link to Europcar which was a great service BUT beware - most people from the EasyJet flight do the same and you have an hour wait to get your car. I think I read another reviewer who warned of this but I fell into the trap.
My suggestion woud be to book using Enterprise, Alamo, Hertz or anyone of the other hire firms as there was nobody waiting a these desks. If I went again I'd book using Enterprise as I use them at home in the UK and they are usually a first rate service.
I have read peoples nightmares of credit cards being charged later for fuel etc but I have had no problem with that. Europcar did a full check and gave me a signed receipt to say the car was returned with full tank of petrol.
Dont get me wrong we could have easily kicked back and relaxed at 4 mori with plenty to do for a week without a car but we were in Sardinia for 9 days so had some time to explore. The roads are great and the Sardinian drivers are no worse than city drivers in UK.
I loved the little car we had (Lancia Musa 1.6D) fitted my family and 3 large suitcases easily.

4Mori
-------
What a great site !
Beware if you are arriving by bus - 4 mori is about a mile down a dusty track so if you arrive at the height of sun you will bake walking down this track. So I would advise getting a hire car with air-con or getting a private taxi transfer who will drop you at the door. Or you could bus into Muravera and get a taxi from there.
At first when we arrived I was tired and just saw a bunch of very dusty cars in the car park... it took me a few days to wind down from the journey before I saw the beauty of the spot that 4mori sits in and it really is an Oasis, nestling in amongst Grape Vines and unspilt wilderness. Take a look at our photos for the evidence.
4mori staff maintain the site very well and it was always clean, tidy and bright while we stayed.
A lot of the amenities felt quite new.
We stayed in one of the Mobile Homes which we booked direct on the 4mori web-site.
We only paid a small deposit before the holiday and then the balance was paid at the end of the holiday when I returned the key. A very trusting system.
The mobile home we had was the 'Next' version and it was a 6 birth although we only had 4 of us in there which I was glad as 6 adults would have been a squeeze.
The air condition worked quietly and efficiently and was a treat.
Beware the 'Next' mobile home doesn't have a cooker or microwave but we had a very efficient hob (4 ring) and a BBQ - which we used regularly. We ate on our private balcony each evening watching the sun go down. Or sometimes watched the sun go down on the beach and ate late.
The site is perfect for kids of all ages from tots to teens. My 2 lads got together with a very friendly bunch of teens from across Europe and toward the end of the week they were out dancing and enjoying themselves with a crowd of about 11 boys and girls from Austria, Germany, Italy and UK. It was brilliant to see the nationalities mixing and having fun together.
Supermarket is great but beware closes between 1.30pm and 4pm for their extended Siesta !
Beach bar is the best at night - the bar team are superb and the Cocktails are 'strong' :-)
Don't be afraid to try the Sardinian beer - we were paying 2 Euros a bottle which was a bargain.

Beach
--------
Perfect ! The sea is warm and safe - there is a gentle slope which is safe for kids of all ages and apart from 1 day it was as calm as a mill pond. 1 day we had some great waves and the lifeguard had his work cut-out monitoring.
There is so much to do on the 4 mori beach from Volleyball to Beach tennis, Boccha, Pedlos, Canoes, swimming, snorkling etc.
The beach bar is first class and the team who manage it are great.
We didn't pay the extra 4Mori Beach service but wish we had becuase you get a Umbrella and 2 sun beds for your stay. We didn't relaise this and ended up paying 10Euros per day. Although a couple of days when it was quiet we winged it. But to be on the safe side pay for the beach service and get your own numbered spot.
We did travel to other Beaches and on the recommendation of the reception team found a perfect beach about 40 mins away in the direction of Costa Rei (Piscina Rei) - the beach is called Punta di S.Giusta. Buy the 2Euro map from the reception and look for Number 09 ! You'll not be dissapointed . white sand, crystal clear sea, rocks for snorkling, beach bar, umbrellas for hire - we had an afternoon there and loved it. Parking is a bit of a mare but we found a spot.

The Pool
-----------
Lovely clean pool and sometimes my kids pick up ear infections from holiday pools - but not this time.
You aren't allowed to play with footballs in the pool which is kinda good as you don't get smacked on the back of the head every 5 mins.
We tended to go beach all day and last hour by pool.

WaterPark
-------------
We were going to go to BluFan in Pula but it's a bit of a way from 4Mori so we decided on the smaller Diverland near to Cagliari on the Ex-SS125 KM 19 - the old Mountain Road. Piece of cake to get to - basically out of the 4mori site and turn left onto the SS125 - this is the same road so no turning off. Across the beautiful mountains and you're there in about 40 mins.
Get there early before 10 to get a good sunbed and so you have time for rides and relax. Once you're in you don't pay extra for anything ! Which is a treat as usually your fleeced.
Note for the lockers you need ID so take a passport of drivers license photoid.
The atmosphere at Diverland when we were there was great. The Wave pool is great and after each set of waves there's like a mass acqua aerobics in the pool which feels more like a rave in the pool. The lady who runs the dancing is really animated and gets everyone going. Great fun.
Lunches are good too and not extortionate prices. You can have a 5Euro deal and get a very large sandwich and drink.

4Mori Restaurant
----------------------
People report that the takeaway pizzas are good ! Believe them they are ! Fresh stone oven baked, loads of flavours - we liked them so much we went for them on another night.
The restaurant is great quality and be prepared to pay a bit more for the A la Carte. We had Calamari Fritti, Mixed grill, lasagne, King prawns, Escalope Millanese etc. Good grub.
We cooked most evenings ourselves though using fresh ingredients from Muravera or the local supermarket. Mainly cause we love cooking Italian style.

Conclusion
--------------
If like us you are looking for a budget holiday on a beautifull Island, next to a beach, with great facilities for the kids. A lively atmosphere but not your typical 'brits abroad' approach - then look no further. Book an apartment or holiday mobile home through 4mori or Select Camp and you won't be dissapointed.
We would go back without hesitation !!

Good luck and enjoy !

Room Tip: We booked the 4mori 'Next' Mobile Home (the basic one) and it was great. Sleeps 6 but very...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank baird29
Brugge, West-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Thanks to the staff of 4 Mori to make our holiday fantastic!
We stayed in the new static homes, with nice room and 2 bathrooms!!! AMAZING airco (needed because it was 40°!!!). The animation staff was the best for the kids! The restaurants were very good. This was my first time to a camping village and you will see me every year again!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Bert C
Windsor
Reviewed 20 September 2011

What a splendid resort. Accommodation is very good, the 3Km beach is 5 minutes walk away and there's the lovely Cuccumeo beach bar! Restaurant in the complex is excellent with wood oven pizza; mini market and bar seamingly always open complete the picture. The staff is helpful and relaxed: every problem has a solution for them. I want to go back now...

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Larona
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muravera
The Free Beach Club
#3 of 7 in Tertenia
Camping Tavolara
Camping Tavolara
#2 of 8 in Porto San Paolo

Been to Camping Village 4 Mori? Share your experiences!