“We will be returning”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
New York City, New York
“We will be returning”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed eight nights in Neive and ate most of our emals at La Contea. The food was delicious and the service superb. Like any restaurant in Italy that is worth eating in, the pace is slow and the service is casual. If you need something, Andrea is right there. If you are just relaxing for hours, no one pushes you along. We tried almost everything on the menu and were not disappointed once. We saw many, many people come and go over the eight days and they all enjoyed and complimented the food. Meat, pasta and truffles are central to the Langhe cuisine and La Contea handles them all very artfully yet simply. We highly recommend La Contea.

• Visited June 2013

“bad food agressive owner”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

my fist course this evening: a mixed salad:very few green leaves of salad (I see more white of plate then green of the salad) and some oignons and some mini cubes of peperoni, I can not recognize a mixed salad. My partner s first course: a 1/16 of peperoni without taste, with oil on it. My main meal three little pieces of lamb with inferior quality, half of it bones, no taste, for 26 Euro. My partners pancotto con tartuffo. A kind of soup, undefinable taste (except tartuffo has some taste).
an arrogant owner who treates his service employees very bad, who insults us because we told him we were disappointed and gets very agressive and inpolite and wants to kick us out. We keep calm but can not understand his reaction. A terrible plave to eat.

• Visited July 2013
8 Thank pepitacanario
Hong Kong, China
“The place is a total joke”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Somehow we have avoided this restaurants on our previous trips to Neive. Maybe because we've always seen it full with tourists. Usually, we trust places if they have locals dining there. Just as Enoteca Delgusto right across the "piazza" which is often full with locals and other Italians. This time we decided (wrongly) to try it as its menu had "battuta di fassone" which is my favorite.
We should have left when we had to wait for twenty minutes for our orders to be taken...but alas....decided yet to stay! First of all, the place pretends to be an elegant place and in a such way manages to bring in many tourists form the North. There is nothing of elegant there though... The few slices of supermarket bread and greasy sticks with rosemary are brought in a re-used paper bag. They don't even make their own bread. I noticed they kept on changing the bags on other tables which can be a sign that people had to wait for long or portions of food are too small. I was right about both... They brought our Barbaresco directly from the fridge. When I complained that red wine shouldn't be chilled, the waiter said that with soaring temperatures outside they resort to the fridge. Well, it's a first time I come across a restaurant with such an extended wine list which doesn't have a cellar to store their wines. The waiters' uniform resembles the one of a posh restaurant but unfortunately, they didn't get even a basic training and few times they laid down the cutlery in a wrong way.
Secondly, the presentation of "battuta" was simply ridiculous: they put a lemon wedge inside a silk sachet tied with an elastic band! I asked to bring grinders with salt and pepper, and a waiter brought us powdered pepper and salt!
I think the owner once visited an elegant restaurant in a town and decided to imitate it at home with very bad results.
Thirdly, the owner is very rude. We ordered platter of cheeses to close our meal. After waiting for 15 minutes for our cheeses to be sliced and be brought to our table, we lost all the little patience left and my husband went to ask for the bill (also because it was impossible to get attention of any of four waiters). At that point the owner got out of the kitchen (still without our cheeses) and started to insult my husband saying "Did you come to tell me that I went to milk the cow and you are shocked with the service?". My husband simply said that we waited too long and now wanted to pay and leave. At that point, the owner said "Thank God, I don't have many clients like you" (!) and left without apologizing for the wait, horrible service and etc.
I have to say that the food was good but nothing exceptional. In my opinion, considering the service and aggressive attitude of the owner, it turned out to be a dinner from hell....
I would recommend Enoteca Degusto on the corner ten times. Each time we went there, the service was efficient and kind, the food was excellent and the bill is MUCH smaller.

• Visited July 2013
7 Thank Nadia080
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Great place to eat!”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

This has been one of our best dining experience on this 14 day trip to Italy. The atmosphere was great and the food equally and the waiter was gracious, helpful and humorous - nothing bad to say!

Visited July 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Amazing”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

The most amazing place to dine. More than perfect.
Try everything, the Wine, the food for lunch, donner, breakfast.

Visited October 2012