“You get what you pay for.”

Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brandon
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We found this hotel online looking for a reasonable 1 night spa deal. The hotel itself is nice but our room on the ground floor had a very musty and damp smell which wasn't very nice. The spa is average and you have to walk outside to get to it. We booked treatments and a back massage lasts barely 20mins instead of 30! Dinner and breakfast were included and they were nice. An ok break but probably wouldn't bother again.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank JoMiddleton
H6625-gm, General Manager at Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Jomiddleton,
Thank you very much for your most constructive feedback. I have noted your comments regarding some issues you had with your stay and will taking them up with the relevant Team Members. Likewise I will of course pass on your positive comments.
Yours sincerely
Michael Stenson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,255)

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

My partner and I booked this weekend for a break, but I messed up and booked the wrong date. Enter Shelley! Calm and unflappable she sorted us with a lovely room away from the Hurley burley of the main hotel. Only down side, it smelt of smoke! And it was very cold. Had to ask for a heater and was told the boiler was off and they would rectify it immediately. Which they did! We had lunch in the bar. Very nice sandwiches. Comfy chairs (and it was warm there).
We dined in but had to eat at six due to the restaurant being very full. The service was very friendly but a bit 'untrained'. The food was tasty, hot and prompt
As there was a couple of very large party's there we chose not to use the spa (lots of very overexcited kids!) but nice looking pool. Spacious and clean

We would definitely visit again and have already recommended it to several others

And thank you so much Shelley! :))

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jax3501

Dear Jax3501,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Shelley was able to make arrangements for your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed here for a night with a friend for a spa weekend treat. We booked online as a package and to be honest for the price we paid it was relatively good value for money. Most of the staff were very helpful and friendly, only encountered one grumpy young guy behind the bar. Although there were quite a few things that we could have complained about we figured given the price we just let things go (eg, a wet seat in the dining room, wrong food orders, full details of deal not booked properly....) The room was clean and tidy and standard. The spa is ok..... You have to walk across the car park to get to the spa, so not ideal when you've got a robe and slippers on! Shame there wasn't even a covered over walk way and it's not much fun in the rain! We weren't aware that it was also open to the public (members) so at certain times of the day it was very busy with people and families although they partition half the pool off so children are allowed in just one half. Not enough loungers by the pool area and because of the family aspect, it wasn't really a quiet place to relax. The steam room & sauna are a bit small and there aren't any other options, like a Jacuzzi. The other thing we didn't like was that you had to go back through the changing rooms and through the spa reception to get to where the treatments were carried out and the "relaxation room" which just a small room that had pod chairs & tables in, again no loungers to relax with a book or anything. Basically it was the waiting room that you waited in to be collected before any treatments you had booked. Having said about the treatments, I had probably the nicest facial I've ever had (I think it was a lady called Sophie?). The massage was OK. Overall as mentioned our stay was fair value for the money we paid and "you get what you pay for".....

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
H6625-gm, General Manager at Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear muddyandskippy,
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We got married at Brandon at the end of March and were very impressed with everything. The wedding co-ordinator was great for helping plan everything out, and the master of ceremonies was fantastic. Nothing was ever too much trouble, and all the staff were great.

We stayed over the night of the wedding in a nice room and had a great breakfast the next day. The staff had remembered who we were as soon as we got to the restaurant and they kept other seating nearby free for our guests to join us.

We didn't get to use any of the other facilities but am so glad we chose the venue for our wedding.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
H6625-gm, General Manager at Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Lealea17,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are very pleased to read that your wedding was the celebration you wanted it to be. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed for one night on a Dinner, Bed & Breakfast deal which at £124 was exceptionally good value. At Dinner it was possible to upgrade to the Full A La Carte menu for just £10 with no restrictions on choice - including Steaks.

I use another Mercure Hotel when on business so I wasn't surprised at the Bar & Wine prices, which are Hotel rather than High Street prices. Mind you there is better service than your local Wetherspoons and you can see this in my picture. We saw an excellent example of good service as we arrived with the Bar Manager moving the outdoor seating to catch the late afternoon.early evening sun.

Our second example was when we were assigned a room which hadn't been fully serviced. It looks like there was a glitch somewhere as it appeared the job had been started but not completed. Anyway after a hike back to reception, not sure why but I always seem to get a room miles from reception, the problem was quickly sorted out. A friendly, but sincere apology, and a room upgrade and we were quickly on our way. Excellent service.

My only criticisms which are more related to the chain rather than the individual hotel was that the Menu was virtually, if not, the same as the other Mercure Hotel I stay at on a regular basis. In both hotels the Chef's consistently deliver a high standard of food so why not give them a bit more flexibility to have their own menus or at least a few more daily specials than Soup & Fish.

Breakfast was fine and it was nice to see the Fresh Fruits were indeed fresh and not from a tin. I'm afraid the hot section failed my Bacon test as it looked like it was only cooked on one side. Not sure why Breakfast Chefs can't grill both sides.

I would definitely return if we need to stay overnight again in the West Midlands.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Andrewjg18,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you and your partner enjoyed your Break. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

nice big room , nice sized walk in shower and seperate bath , nice breakfast , all at a reasonable price 12 checkout, couldnt ask for more , free easy parking. spa area seemed popular but i didnt use it.

Room Tip: i was upgraded and passed by the standard rooms which were being cleaned they looked ok but maybe no...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear primemutton,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

This package at Mercure Brandon Hall was excellent value. The hotel was lovely, the staff were very attentive and spa treatments / facilities were excellent. The food was great with no waiting between courses and the whole experience was very much enjoyed. Excellent stay and would definitely book again.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Shelleo1,
Michael Stenson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall...
#1 of 1 in Wellesbourne Hastings
Chesford Grange - A QHotel
Ettington Park Hotel
Ettington Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Alderminster

Been to Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire? Share your experiences!