Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brandon
Bedford, United Kingdom
“spa break”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Had a relaxing and enjoyable 1 night stay with my sister, incl 3 course dinner, breakfast and spa treatment.
Our room was upgraded to executive rom, without any problems as a small radiator leak was noted in the first room. Quiet rooms, great beds, clean and equipped with the usual TV, iron, kettle, and bathroom essentials.
No noise experienced even tho there was a anniversary party going on in reception, in either the earlier room (older part) and the executive room (in a newer part)
Staff very professional and helpful. The dinner was amazing/ tasty/ well presented. So not for those with huge appetites.
Breakfast was great too, with large selection of hot and continental foods.
Spa treatments had to be on separate days for my sister and I, but not a problem afterall. Very friendly and helpful. Clean facilities, showers great with good power, sauna out of order for 1 day, and steam room well maintained. Pool was warm...
So all in all, a great success for my sister and I on a weekend away!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
H6625-gm, General Manager at Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear annette O,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you and your sister enjoyed your Spa Break. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Kind regards,
Michael Stenson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We have just come back from our trip at this hotel and to be honest I would avoid it as much as possible. The room rates are "made up" by management and head office. A friend of mine booked for the wedding there 1 week ago and got an executive room for the same price as we paid for a terrible state twin room 6 months in advance. When questioning it with the duty manager I was told they can't do anything and then he walked away. Poor service, over priced drinks which change prices throughout the evening depending on who is serving and terrible customer service. Another friend paid for her room on check in and then when they checked out was told the room will be another £20 because they forgot to charged the day before.

The room we stayed in had stains on the wall, bed linen and a broken tv and lightbulb... No apology was given and a duty manager who just walks off when questioned.

Don't not stay here.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Charlotte T
Dear Charlotte T,
I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating the matters you have raised. Please feel free to contact me on h6625-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.
Yours sincerely,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed for 2 nights for business. Front of building looks nice, and surrounding gardens/parkland lovely. However, newer parts of the building are not very attractive at all, I can never understand how hotels get planning permission to build such dull featureless buildings next to the more characterful old part of their hotel!

My room was in a newer part and you had to go outside and back in again to get to it which I really didn't like as it meant taking a jacket every time I wanted to go to the bar or restaurant... Room basic, a bit tired looking. As usual no power point next to the bed to charge your phone and use it as an alarm too. Why don't hotels think of this, seems to be the same everywhere! Bed really comfy though, very firm mattress so I had 2 excellent nights sleep. Breakfast was good.

A group of 8 of us ate in the restaurant one night, the restaurant staff were very professional and helpful, we only asked about booking a table at 7pm and were told the earliest they could accommodate us was 8.30pm (which was fine), they brought the menus through to us in the bar, took our orders there at about 8pm and we sat down at the table about 8.15, so that was great. I thought the food was excellent, much better than I'd expected - only thing I'd say it was a bit "nouvelle cuisine" in the portion sizes, if you catch my meaning... !!

We all thought the drinks in both the bar and restaurant were very expensive.

I would certainly stay here again for business, but probably not for a non-work trip as not really special or different enough.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mary P
Dear Mary P,
Thank you very much for your most constructive feedback. I have noted your comments regarding some issues you had with your stay and will taking them up with the relevant Team Members. Likewise I will of course pass on your positive comments.
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Not for the first time, I have tried to phone to make a beauty appointment. I have just phoned 5 times over the past 15 minutes with no reply. This is not a quality customer contact service leaving me really frustrated. In my work, calls left ringing or ringing off unanswered is a performance issue and is evidence of non-compliance and/or resource issues. I want to spend my money in your business , basics , please get this sorted, I am not impressed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear CurleyMary-Anna,
I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating the matter you have raised. Please feel free to contact me on h6625-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.
Yours sincerely,
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Dinner, bed and breakfast deal for one night. Upon arrival reception staff were very welcoming and knowledgable, booking our table for the evening meal. The room appeared well appointed, a little tired but with reasonable amenities, including Nespresso machine, which on face value was anise touch, however the capsules appeared to have been sat for sometime and the coffee was not at its best (this isn't typical of Nespresso coffee). The bathroom was to a good standard, but sadly lacked sufficient amenities for two people i.e. towels, other items of maintenance also hadn't been carried out, such as replacing bulbs and knocks to paintwork etc.. The air conditioning also was not working and it was not possible to turn it down. Evening meal was a good standard, again the staff were very helpful, albeit very overstretched, with a dining room full to capacity. It was impossible to sleep as the air conditioning wouldn't cool the room down, which meant windows had to be opened and road noise was present all night.

Breakfast was average, goos staff but again overstretched. Checkout was difficult, computer systems down so not able to raise an invoice, although able to take payment! Upon being asked if we had a good stay, the items that needed fixing were mentioned, with nothing more than you probably should get these fixed. We were immediately challenged to the point were it felt we had done something wrong, and told that the air conditioning was fine, we didn't understand how to work it, we protested our innocence and explained we were not complaining with a view to compensation simply pointing out areas for repair, nevertheless we felt as if we had done something wrong, maybe the computer system not working on a busy Sunday morning was a step to far for the one receptionist and she finally snapped (at the guests!)

With a lick of paint, some additional support for the restaurant team and training for some reception staff the hotel could improve.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kyla64
H6625-gm, General Manager at Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Kyla64,
Wiltshire
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I failed to get through on the phone and after several attempts gave up and booked thro Last Minute. When we arrived, it was Bedlam - a wedding, a party and the place was packed. Imagine how annoying it was when another guest checked in on a dinner/bed/breakfast package costing LESS than our room only! If only they'd answered the phone. Very frustrated. Then we were told that we'd only get dinner 'right now!' (about 7.15) . So in we went expecting nothing but ragged service and sub-standard food. Wrong. The lady running the restaurant (Cherie) was a total professional. She could see we'd been bounced in and offered a complimentary drink - a simple thing but it told us the staff cared. The waitress (Poola) was great and given the pressure the kitchen was under, the food was very good. Sensing our disappointment re breakfast, the management simply upgraded our package and we had a very good breakfast. One minus mark was £18 for a malt whisky - no, not the bottle. Take note Mercure, without the staff you just have a building and so keep up whatever training programme you have - it is obviously working.

Room Tip: Ring direct for a great value package - we will go again.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BumpkinWiltshire
Dear BumpkinWiltshire,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my Team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very aware of how lucky I am to have such a caring Team. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Kind regards,
Towcester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely nights stay. Nice location and easy to find. Rooms decorated well but do try and get one of the rooms in the newer part of the hotel. The room we first had didn't really lock properly and with a bit of a nudge easily opened. The evening staff swapped our room without hesitation and moved our stuff while we had the most delicious meal. We ate from their wine and dine menu and it really was fabulous made even better by the lovely waiting staff. The only thing that let's this hotel down is the spa, the massage and pedicure I had was very average and I feel over priced for what is was, a mess up with times left me waiting an extra 40 minutes and despite my partner pre paying we were followed out after asking for payment! There isn't enough beds by the pool to sit and relax and read a book, the pool is a bit cold and the spa and steam room are rather small.

I would advise booking for a nice night stay and excellent food but I would look elsewhere if you were looking for a spa weekend.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Ellie T,
Michael Stenson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall...
#1 of 1 in Wellesbourne Hastings
Chesford Grange - A QHotel
Billesley Manor Hotel
Billesley Manor Hotel
#13 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon

Been to Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire? Share your experiences!