“Excellent value, very friendly staff”

Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brandon
UK
“Excellent value, very friendly staff”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a girls spa break. Excellent value, lovely hotel. It was vey busy but still quiet overnight with no disturbances. Staff were very friendly, nothing was too much trouble. Food was excellent, really good choice on inclusive menu. Massage and spa facilities excellent. Only drawback was that they need to put more seating in the pool area.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to be quite big. Ours was ground floor but still very peaceful.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
H6625-gm, General Manager at Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Nessmoo,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you and your friends enjoyed your Spa Break. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Michael Stenson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

It's not often you get the chance to praise a Hotel, but I have to say this is one of the best. My wife and I have stayed in many hotels around the world ( 8 so far this year ) but Brandon is the best. We were staying there as part of a family party/reunion, with ages rangeing from 3 to 64. The staff and facilities could not have looked after us better. Where else in the world could you ask for Jam Sandwiches to be brought out to the lawn in the afternoon for the children. Our rooms (3 in total booked by my daughter) were perfect and nothing at all was too much trouble at all for anyone. Best breakfast I've had in ages. Spa facilities excellent as was the car parking facilty, we even found a Swarm of Bees in the garden. How many times will you see that in your life. All in all a brilliant stay, please pass on my thanks to every team concerned, you were great. Can't understand anyone having a complaint, what you have to remember is that all the Staff are doing a job to the best of their ability, which in our experience was great. Keep up the good work guys.

Room Tip: We were in Rooms 107, 136 and 138. All brilliant
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Graham P
Dear Graham P,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you and your family enjoyed your reunion. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

For a group luncheon booked, pre ordered and pre paid this was mediocre. Three tables for 22 persons and this a review for one table, other group members have not been surveyed for their opinion yet so this is a personal review.
The service was fine, tap water available on the tables but drinks extremely expensive.
My order of roast beef consisted of two slabs of tough beef that could have repaired heavy duty boots. It lacked flavour and needed a steak knife at least to make a cut. No mustard was offered and on request English mustard was offered but horseradish was not available at all. The pork was pale, no crackling just soft fat, but apple sauce was on the table.
The roast potatoes were over salted as was the Yorkshire puddings.
Two serving spoons were available on the table to assist vegetable self selection, bur were unnecessary as the one bowl provided did not offer enough vegetables for the eight persons seated at the table. Four persons had one small broccoli portion and three small French bean slices per person were available. There were enough carrots for eight portions.
Sweets were satisfactory and the option of tea or coffee available.mercure
The setting is lovely, staff reasonable, but food of a poor quality. During the meal no enquiry was made about satisfaction etc. and replenishment of completely empty vegetable dishes would have been much appreciated,
Try another venue next year?

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear JulalaR,
I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating the matters you have raised. Please feel free to contact me on h6625-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Had a relaxing and enjoyable 1 night stay with my sister, incl 3 course dinner, breakfast and spa treatment.
Our room was upgraded to executive rom, without any problems as a small radiator leak was noted in the first room. Quiet rooms, great beds, clean and equipped with the usual TV, iron, kettle, and bathroom essentials.
No noise experienced even tho there was a anniversary party going on in reception, in either the earlier room (older part) and the executive room (in a newer part)
Staff very professional and helpful. The dinner was amazing/ tasty/ well presented. So not for those with huge appetites.
Breakfast was great too, with large selection of hot and continental foods.
Spa treatments had to be on separate days for my sister and I, but not a problem afterall. Very friendly and helpful. Clean facilities, showers great with good power, sauna out of order for 1 day, and steam room well maintained. Pool was warm...
So all in all, a great success for my sister and I on a weekend away!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear annette O,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you and your sister enjoyed your Spa Break. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We have just come back from our trip at this hotel and to be honest I would avoid it as much as possible. The room rates are "made up" by management and head office. A friend of mine booked for the wedding there 1 week ago and got an executive room for the same price as we paid for a terrible state twin room 6 months in advance. When questioning it with the duty manager I was told they can't do anything and then he walked away. Poor service, over priced drinks which change prices throughout the evening depending on who is serving and terrible customer service. Another friend paid for her room on check in and then when they checked out was told the room will be another £20 because they forgot to charged the day before.

The room we stayed in had stains on the wall, bed linen and a broken tv and lightbulb... No apology was given and a duty manager who just walks off when questioned.

Don't not stay here.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Charlotte T
Dear Charlotte T,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed for 2 nights for business. Front of building looks nice, and surrounding gardens/parkland lovely. However, newer parts of the building are not very attractive at all, I can never understand how hotels get planning permission to build such dull featureless buildings next to the more characterful old part of their hotel!

My room was in a newer part and you had to go outside and back in again to get to it which I really didn't like as it meant taking a jacket every time I wanted to go to the bar or restaurant... Room basic, a bit tired looking. As usual no power point next to the bed to charge your phone and use it as an alarm too. Why don't hotels think of this, seems to be the same everywhere! Bed really comfy though, very firm mattress so I had 2 excellent nights sleep. Breakfast was good.

A group of 8 of us ate in the restaurant one night, the restaurant staff were very professional and helpful, we only asked about booking a table at 7pm and were told the earliest they could accommodate us was 8.30pm (which was fine), they brought the menus through to us in the bar, took our orders there at about 8pm and we sat down at the table about 8.15, so that was great. I thought the food was excellent, much better than I'd expected - only thing I'd say it was a bit "nouvelle cuisine" in the portion sizes, if you catch my meaning... !!

We all thought the drinks in both the bar and restaurant were very expensive.

I would certainly stay here again for business, but probably not for a non-work trip as not really special or different enough.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mary P
Dear Mary P,
Thank you very much for your most constructive feedback. I have noted your comments regarding some issues you had with your stay and will taking them up with the relevant Team Members. Likewise I will of course pass on your positive comments.
Yours sincerely
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Not for the first time, I have tried to phone to make a beauty appointment. I have just phoned 5 times over the past 15 minutes with no reply. This is not a quality customer contact service leaving me really frustrated. In my work, calls left ringing or ringing off unanswered is a performance issue and is evidence of non-compliance and/or resource issues. I want to spend my money in your business , basics , please get this sorted, I am not impressed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear CurleyMary-Anna,
I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating the matter you have raised. Please feel free to contact me on h6625-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.
Michael Stenson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall...
#1 of 1 in Wellesbourne Hastings
Ardencote
Ardencote
#1 of 1 in Claverdon
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,090 reviews

Been to Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire? Share your experiences!