“Disappointing”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brandon
Truro, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

A privilege room with an outlook over the car park and rubbish bins. Bottles emptied late into the evening, lorries collecting and delivering at 6.00 in the morning. Normally I've found that the more expensive rooms are in a quieter situation. However, the staff all seemed pleasant and tried to be helpful, again though when you pay £7.50 for a drink, I'd like to have a bar person who knew the difference between a brandy and a liquer and what type of glass it should be served in as everything seems to be poured into a tumbler.

Are Mercure trying to skimp and cut corners as no complimentary shower gel and only one bath towel provided for the first two night for two of us. Like another reviewer our fridge was not restocked for our 3 night stay.

Room Tip: Don't have room 149
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nickkeat
H6625-gm, General Manager at Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear nickkeat,
I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating the matters you have raised. Please feel free to contact me on h6625-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.
Michael Stenson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Probably one of the best Mercures we've ever stayed in. Great room rate, excellent and good value food, beautiful setting and dog friendly. A brilliant place to stay. Would make a real effort to try and stay here again. Lots of spa facilities that we didn't use.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Colincoach
H6625-gm, General Manager at Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Colincoach,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Kind regards,
Manchester
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The title says it all. Our room was adequate - certainly not "lavish" as the write-up suggested. The bathroom was hugely disappointing with a bath you could barely get wet in and no shower, not even an over the bath one. It has been many a year since I have used a glass to wash my hair and I have no wish to do so ever again. Breakfast choices good but the promised vegetarian sausages proved elusive. On a positive note, the reception staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. In my view, there is better value for money to be had

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Dizzy_Blonde1
Dear Dizzy_Blonde1,
I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating the matters you have raised. It is unfortunate that you were allocated one of our rooms with no shower. We only have 4 out of 120 rooms with those bathrooms. I will of course also pass on your positive comments to the Reception Team. Please feel free to contact me on h6625-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed for three weeks on business. Staff were very friendly and hotel was of an average standard. However I stayed in a Privilege room which is an extra £20 per night as you get extra complementary items (which aren't worth the extra) it took 2 days for the fridge to be stocked with the complementary soft drinks. They were only stocked twice over my stay and every other time I had to ask. Basic things like shower gel not being replaced, empty bottles not removed from shower, towels replaced but left on the floor, iron board not put away for a week. Then add in that they ran out of shower gel on my last night and my whole stay was rubbish. Last two days I moved to Coombes Abbey and they are A+ wish I'd stayed there for the whole three weeks. Mecure? Never again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jinty1970
H6625-gm, General Manager at Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Jinty1070,
UK
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a girls spa break. Excellent value, lovely hotel. It was vey busy but still quiet overnight with no disturbances. Staff were very friendly, nothing was too much trouble. Food was excellent, really good choice on inclusive menu. Massage and spa facilities excellent. Only drawback was that they need to put more seating in the pool area.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to be quite big. Ours was ground floor but still very peaceful.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Nessmoo,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you and your friends enjoyed your Spa Break. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Kind regards,
Michael Stenson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall...
#1 of 1 in Wellesbourne Hastings
Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa
Mallory Court Hotel
Mallory Court Hotel
#2 of 16 in Leamington Spa

Been to Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire? Share your experiences!