“Eventually Made Good”

Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brandon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The Hotel itself is fantastic. However we booked it as a spa break.. and quite frankly it isn't a spa. It has a pool, sauna and steam room and that's it... i mean, my local council run swimming pool has the same facilities. It would be fair to expect a "spa" to have perhaps a Jacuzzi, hot tub, hydro therapy pools or even just some larger saunas. The food was great, but when you book a package including the evening meal, you can't choose from the normal menu, there is a separate one page all inclusive menu separate to other guests. Also when trying to put drinks on a tab, there was a massive fuss made and we were made to feel like we might try and run off without paying, really quite embarrassing. A lovely hotel, you will be disappointed if you book a spa break.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
H6625-gm, General Manager at Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Simon A,
Thank you very much for your most constructive feedback. I have noted your comments regarding some issues you had with your stay and will taking them up with the relevant Team Members. Likewise I will of course pass on your positive comments.
Yours sincerely
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Me and my partner booked to go here for his birthday. The location is nice, it is not a spa day and shouldn't be classed as that. We paid £45 each for a day to use the facilities which you got a pool that was freezing, sauna and steam room were ok, robes which were old, free coffee but could only have one out of a paper cup, gym which is really old equipment and needed repainting (everywhere needed painting). You got lunch included which was an extra £5 you got a box with chicken piece and salad, olives and bread and chocolate tart. It wa awful. The best bit about the spa is a nice back massage. So dissapointing and so exspensive!!!! Wasn't relaxing at all.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Corral143
Dear Coral143,
I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating the matters you have raised. Please feel free to contact me on h6625-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.
Yours sincerely,
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My partner and i stayed in brandon hall in may 2014.
Our room was fresh bright and very clean. Our evening meal way very yummy ( wine was over priced) and the bar was very expencive.
the grounds are beautiful and well kept and plenty of seating areas.
the spa was lovely, clean & well maintained ( shame there was no jacuzzi)
staff were warm and friendly and we will 100 % retun

Room Tip: lovely country pub 5min walk from hotel,turn right from front door.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear siobhanaston,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
south coast
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a five night break with a coach party whilst visiting gardens in the area. The location is quiet except for the occasional train passing and the distant sounds of speedway bikes at weekends! Be aware that the hotel is a conference and party venue so expect more noise at weekends! The staff were very friendly and helpful. When we arrived they took our cases from the coach to our rooms after giving each member of our party their keys. Our twin bedded room was compact and bijou but the bed was very comfy. The light bulbs in the bedroom are energy saving so don't expect bright lights. An ironing board, iron and hair dryer are supplied as are shower gel, shampoo and soap.
As we were a party of 23 our meal was at the same time every evening and at breakfast we had to choose from a limited dinner menu of three items for each course. The vegetables were very undercooked and it took several days before the chef got the message after many of us complained! The breakfasts were self service but there was plenty of choice from fruit, cereal or full English. The best bread was the fruit and walnut which you sliced to your requirements. Yum!!
On our first night I ordered a vodka & tonic and a lemonade in the bar but was surprised to find it cost £8.50. After that I only had soft drinks!
Some of our party used the spa facilities and were very happy with them. Maybe I'll take my swimsuit if I visit again!
I would recommend this hotel but a midweek stay would be my choice for a more peaceful night!

Room Tip: Room 003 is on the ground floor and overlooks a quadrangle of lawned area. Limiters on the windows m...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bigglesbabe
Dear Bigglesbabe,
Yours sincerely
Launceston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Visited this hotel last week only for the night. Excellent location and friendly staff. Visited the Spa area and this had a good size pool and gym. Plenty of equipment in a large room. Very nice surroundings. I would recommend.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 12 on the ground floor. very quiet and to an excellent standard
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear bigboysteven,
Herts, UK
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Leading a group of 12 for an overnight at Brandon Hall

Very well looked after by Aidan and Bradley who were attentive to the parties' need especially in the restraraunt...thanks..will be back no doubt shortly

Room Tip: ask for the best and the front desk are always accomodating
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Watfud
Dear whatfud,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you and your group enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Michael Stenson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall...
#1 of 1 in Wellesbourne Hastings
Chesford Grange - A QHotel
Billesley Manor Hotel
Billesley Manor Hotel
#13 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon

Been to Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire? Share your experiences!