“friendly staff”

Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brandon
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel is situated in a fairly rural location. The setting is very nice surrounded by manicured lawns,probably very popular for weddings. The hotel itself is a tad oldfashioned with rooms on different levels and wings. I actually had a room key as opposed to a card.The staff where very accommodating and helpful, and i found the leisure facilities excellent. Breakfast was very good and the local pub the royal oak is well worth a visit. One top tip is to make sure you have some cash with you as there are no ATM,s anywhere in the village.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
H6625-gm, General Manager at Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Steve A,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am hoping that we will get a bit of a décor update in 2015. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Having stayed here several times before , I was very disappointed on the poor service received on my last visit and doubt I would stay here again . Check in was very slow and took approx 15 mins to get a room . Bar service was slow when ordering a drink , and when we sat down to eat the service again again was not as expected for this standard of hotel. We had to ask several times for a drinks order during our meal and when we received our meals the postions we're disappointing. At breakfast time the staff were very rude and one even shouted across the restaurant to see if I had a problem. Like I said not what is expected.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Deepcargreeks55

Dear Deepcargreeks55,
I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating the matters you have raised. Please feel free to contact me on h6625-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 2 August 2014

The hotel is nice, fairly clean and we got a cheap deal so we found it value for money. Spa facilities Ok but Pool is freezing!!! Food ok! Drinks are ridiculously expensive. Man on reception was rude but all other staff ok. Nice location. It could be so much better with a bit of effort. On the whole though enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
H6625-gm, General Manager at Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear RachelNorman,
Thank you very much for your most constructive feedback. I have noted your comments regarding some issues you had with your stay and will taking them up with the relevant Team Members. Likewise I will of course pass on your positive comments.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 29 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Lovely hotel with beautiful surroundings. Rooms are far enough away from function rooms so we weren't disturbed by noise. Staff are very accommodating and have a professional manner.
Table service at the wedding was superb as was the food. Very comfortable beds and pillows and a very appealing breakfast with a very good choice of everything-which again was super.
One major complaint was our experience in the spa. My friend and I had been finishing adding the final touches to the wedding room for our friend and were running 8 minutes late for our nail appointment-when we arrived to meet the bride we were turned away by staff because we were so late. we tried to explain why- but were still faced with a very aloof reply. I do think they could have been more accommodating after the amount of money spent by the family and guests.

Room Tip: higher rooms toward the rear but noise really isn't a problem
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear EvoDeb,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed the wedding celebration with us. I will of course pick up your most constructive feedback regarding the service you received in our Spa. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Very pleased indeed to have chosen this hotel for our weekend in Warwickshire! We had a great room, with a fantastic large bed, and despite the fact that there were a wedding every single day of our stay, the room was fairly quiet. We also enjoyed dinner at the hotel and the spa facilities. Great swimming pool and sauna. We also decided to have a treatment, both my girlfriend and I and again, were very pleased with it! The hotel is great to explore cities like Warwick and Stratford Upon Avon.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, as there are always events and weddings at this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Carlos_Gonzalez..,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Bought this as a birthday treat for my friend and unfortunately we had a bad start, due to some problems in the kitchen we were still sat waiting for our food over 1 hour later but upon speaking to the manager it was immediately rectified and he refunded our money and gave us complimentary drinks as well. Could not have done any more to appease us!
When the tea came out it was delicious, lovely selection of sandwiches and cakes and prosecco to top it off. We would definitely go back there, even after the, ahem, little set back!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Rachel L

Dear Rachel L,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that despite the mistake at the start that their efforts to recoup the situation were appreciated . I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Michael Stenson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall...
#1 of 1 in Wellesbourne Hastings
Lea Marston Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Lea Marston
Chesford Grange - A QHotel
Wroxall Abbey Hotel & Estate

Been to Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire? Share your experiences!