“excellent value”

Hotel Villa delle Rose Malpensa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Oleggio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We have stayed overnight at this hotel three times on our way from the airport to visit friends, It is a very comfortable, friendly and clean hotel. The staff are very helpful and the restaurant has a good menu. We will certainly be staying again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jean J

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Booked this hotel for its quiet location and free shuttle service . Unfortunately our flight was delayed and the shuttle was the same price as a private taxi . 40€ . The hotel had requested that we contact them on arrival and when the flight was delayed they informed us that there would be a charge for the shuttle. The shuttle back to the airport in the morning was free. Don't think the charge for the shuttle was unreasonable because the hotel is not very near the airport but suggest that they make this clear in their website.
Too late and dark to enjoy the location but the room was spacious and the bathroom fantastic . Breakfast was only average.
Still gave good score for the efficiency of the staff and quality of the room .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I booked this hotel in March for my return to the US in late September and had a reservation confirmation number given me by the hotel. In the interim, my credit card incurred fraudulent activity and I was issued a new credit card number, which I would happily have given the hotel, however, they simply sent me an email informing me that my reservation had automatically been cancelled, just a day before the date.

I immediately sent them my new credit card number via email, but they had already rented the room to another party and could no longer accommodate me, effectively hanging me out to dry. It seems a small thing to me to at least allow the client an opportunity to tender a different card number, holding the room for at least a few minutes to allow the client to reply.

Only when I indicated my total displeasure, did they attempt to poorly explain that "their system" cancelled the reservation and claimed that they had no way of over riding it.

The short notice, abrupt tone of the email and the scrambling that ensued on my part, to find another accommodation was completely unacceptable. If this is their system, they should certainly change it! I ended up staying at The Cardano Hotel, where the staff was beyond helpful and saw to my every need. You should stay there, too!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cali4niafoodie
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I booked this because we were returning our rental and needed a place close to Malpensa with shuttle service. What a great surprise when we got there! This hotel is a gem hidden in the forest preserve around Malpensa! Beautiful, modern rooms, big bathrooms and a great restaurant. The staff was super helpful by calling the shuttle service and arranging to pick my husband up at the airport after returning the rental. Breakfast is provided and since we had to leave too early for it, the manager made us hot cappucino and gave us warm, fresh croissants before we hopped on the shuttle. We will definitely stay here again anytime we need to fly into Malpensa.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2013

i loved my stay in the hotel. great location and close to the airport, free airport shuttle to and fro and right on time. the rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. the breakfast was excellent and the food from the restaurant was good. the staff were friendly and helpful as they provided me with everything i needed, even travel adapter. for me the price was worth every penny and i would definitely stay here again and recommend Hotel Villa Delle Rose to friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I love the hotel for its perfect location near the airport far from noise and traffic! The rooms are warm and welcoming. My favorite commodity is the restaurant and the food menu. One can really enjoy good wine and quality food at a very acceptable cost.I really suggest it for people early morning flights hence you can have your morning time with no rush to reach airport from further cities

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2013

At $45, this is a nice 4* hotel.

The location is poor: just in the field, two miles to the village center. Their restaurant is a bit overpriced, though food not bad. Aircon was not working, but opening the windows did the trick.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oleggio
Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport
#1 of 2 in Lonate Pozzolo
Hotel Villa Malpensa
Hotel Villa Malpensa
#1 of 1 in Vizzola Ticino

Been to Hotel Villa delle Rose Malpensa? Share your experiences!