Scandic Hotel Star Sollentuna
  • Room Service
Hotell Morby(Danderyd)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewstrain stationseparate showerbooked a family roombusiness tripliving roomroom facingnice hotelstockholm city centerhotel locatedclean bathroomextra bedbig roomthe hotel offerschoose this hotelthree nightsyogurtgym
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Our room was lovely, we stayed in a suite on the 7th floor. It was clean and spacious but rather bare. On first impressions if felt dark and abandoned, the entrance is not welcoming and you come into a reception which felt like a library with a no noise policy! No music or people, just a receptionist, the bar was not open or lit and there is a big space under an atrium (where breakfast is served) in darkness. Such a shame. We went for a drink in the bar in the evening around 9:30, we were the only customers, so we left after one drink. We did actually think we were the only guests staying there, until the morning breakfast. Breakfast was cold and had the feeling you were in the staff canteen. The hotel is very tired looking but looks like they are about to start with renovating. A nice stay in our room. There is a pool there too but we didn't visit it.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Nice hotel if you need to stay in the location.

This hotel is not in the Stockholm city center. However, even if you need to be in Stockholm city center, there is easy way to get there by SL trains. There is a station near to the hotel. Trains to Arlanda airport also stop here.

WiFi and breakfast normally included in price of the room.

If I need to come to this location, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Was recommended the hotel due to it's proximity to the office but other than that benefit found the hotel to be lacking anything worth commenting positively about. My room (144) is away from the central area but beside the train lines. I would try and get a room on a higher floor if possible. Basic and small room. Wifi was free but not secure. I am not sure what alternate hotels are in the area but I might take a look around if I was to come back to the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I've been here twice, and I will NEVER be here in the future.
The level of service is unacceptable for the cost, the rooms are extremely cheap and with low quality furniture but most important, this hotel is NOISY.
In the big internal hall they organize party with loud music up to 1am. The big issue is that most of the rooms have the windows facing the internal hall, so during the parties trying to sleep is IMPOSSIBLE. If you call the reception complaining for the noise, they said "sorry but the party will last up to 1am". It seems to be INSIDE a discoteque, Unbelievable. It never happened to me in decades of travel. The worst hotel accomodation I ever had in my life.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with internal facing windows, or facing the railway, or you WILL NOT sleep at all.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Corrado C
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This hotel is next to the Sollentuna shopping center, where you will find a selection of restaurants and shops - everything closes at 8 PM. Remember to get a room away from the train station, as the noise from the trains can be high. Train to Stockholm takes appr. 15-20 minutes.
Rooms are very different - some with an iron, others not. Some with tv in bed room others with tv in living room.
Breakfast is good with a wide selection of food - not extravagant, but ok.
Fittness room is small, hot and with one bike, one cross trainer, two treadmills and a weight training tower plus a couple of weights. Pool is very small.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business