“A nice stop off.”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Novo Mesto
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“A nice stop off.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

Stayed at this hotel with my wife while we were on our car tour. We had stayed driving a little too long and had stopped in Novo Mesto. I was'nt prepared to continue driving on that day unless I absolutely had to.
Initially, sat outside in the car, I thought "crumbs this is going to be expensive", however on enquiring at reception I was quite surprised at the cost. Certainly it was more than normal but certainly not prohibitively expensive. I tried to use my small amount of Slovenian I had learnt but the pleasant chap at reception repied in faultless English. (Sometimes I am ashamed that I don't speak more languages but at least I make the attempt)
The hotel car park was full so we had to park in the public car park opposite and the hotel offered to pay the parking meter if we left the money with them.
We decided to have our evening meal outside as the restaurant was very hot. We did'nt fancy a starter but the restaurant manager brought out some pickled or soused fish which was absolutely delicious, the fish was apparently caught in the river Krka. Shortly after we had started our main courses it started to drizzle so the restaurant manager helped me set up a parasol over our table. Then it absolutely tipped down! The manager popped out again to ask if we wanted to come inside but we were happy outside. I think he was bemused/amused by the crazy British people.
A really good nights sleep and a lovely breakfast, I just wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Hebrew first
Haverhill, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2009

This Hotel proclaims for stars but in reality is a good three star hotel.
The room and bathroom was adequate but there was nothing extra to make you feel you were in a four star establishment.
The breakfast was the best thing about the hotel with fried eggs being cooked to order.
The location is in a shopping centre.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
#1 of 1 in Rimske Toplice
Hotel Vitarium
Hotel Vitarium
#1 of 4 in Smarjeske Toplice

Been to Hotel Krka? Share your experiences!