“Very disappointing experience.”
Review of Hotel Krka

Hotel Krka
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Novo Mesto
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stayed at the Terme Krka in September while touring around Slovenian for 10days. Our stay in this hotel was disappointing to say the least. Our room was tired looking and in need of some serious refurbishment. The carpet was dirty and needed to be cleaned and in the bathroom the toilet had some serious stains that looked like they needed some good elbow grease. We were travelling with another couple who were given a very large, clean room that was nowhere near as bad as our room. They were happy which was good, but our experience was not a good one and I was glad we were only staying one night. On the positive side, the food at this hotel was good. If I was travelling through Slovenia again I wouldn't stay at this hotel or in Novo Mesto. I would stay at Smarjeske Toplice or its surrounds. It seemed more appealing with a lot more good hotels to choose from. Or do a farm stay where the accommodation is clean and good value for your money.

Room Tip: I think getting a good room is the luck of the draw!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sue1956

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Istayes in agust 2013 for 5 nights. the servise was great the people always wanted to help and offred thing we didnt think to ask for. the speak really goof english
te food great' there was a great verity of food/ every night something else/
the hotel felt very home like. the rooms were always clean and comftable
there is a supermarket right across the street and a small center 5 minites walk.
almost everything closes around 7 pm
its aboat 50-60 minutes drive from lubliana
there is free wifi everywhere in the hotel

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 8 days at the beginning of May. I was on a slimfit programme, one of the revitalising and slimming programmes the hotel/spa offers.

The room was very spacious. Bed was comfortable and cleaners came every day. I was in the vitarium wing and had a room with a balcony, which was very nice. The programme was great, all treatments were very nice and the trainers for the workout sessions were very kind but also knowledgeable and strict (in a good way!). The food was great; even though on a limited calorie intake of 1000kcal a day, the chef managed to make a lot of different and tasty things. After a week the results were amazing, also with other guests. I have never felt so fit and healthy in my life as after my stay here. Will definitely return here for another week.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank doortje_d
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We are well travelled and this hotel on Slovenai had the best breakfasts of all we have stayed in over the years. The hotel staff were very welcoming, especially the front desk lady, Jasmine. She spoke very good English. The bedrooms were very comfortable and the complimentary toiletries top class. The accomodation costs including the breakfast was the most reasonable we had in all of Slovenia. Well done Krka.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Nice hotel, central position in the city. Nice, clean bedrooms with internet included. Only breakfast and breakfast room/atmosphere are a little bit old fashioned.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank PhilipSchoten
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Stayed at this hotel with my wife while we were on our car tour. We had stayed driving a little too long and had stopped in Novo Mesto. I was'nt prepared to continue driving on that day unless I absolutely had to.
Initially, sat outside in the car, I thought "crumbs this is going to be expensive", however on enquiring at reception I was quite surprised at the cost. Certainly it was more than normal but certainly not prohibitively expensive. I tried to use my small amount of Slovenian I had learnt but the pleasant chap at reception repied in faultless English. (Sometimes I am ashamed that I don't speak more languages but at least I make the attempt)
The hotel car park was full so we had to park in the public car park opposite and the hotel offered to pay the parking meter if we left the money with them.
We decided to have our evening meal outside as the restaurant was very hot. We did'nt fancy a starter but the restaurant manager brought out some pickled or soused fish which was absolutely delicious, the fish was apparently caught in the river Krka. Shortly after we had started our main courses it started to drizzle so the restaurant manager helped me set up a parasol over our table. Then it absolutely tipped down! The manager popped out again to ask if we wanted to come inside but we were happy outside. I think he was bemused/amused by the crazy British people.
A really good nights sleep and a lovely breakfast, I just wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2009

This Hotel proclaims for stars but in reality is a good three star hotel.
The room and bathroom was adequate but there was nothing extra to make you feel you were in a four star establishment.
The breakfast was the best thing about the hotel with fried eggs being cooked to order.
The location is in a shopping centre.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
#2 of 3 in Dolenjske Toplice
Hotel Vitarium
Hotel Vitarium
#2 of 4 in Smarjeske Toplice

Been to Hotel Krka? Share your experiences!