“A lovely, friendly hotel, near to all the places we wanted to visit and the food was superb.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Adrasan Papirus Hotel

and 1 more site!
Adrasan Papirus Hotel
Ranked #2 of 35 Adrasan B&B and Inns
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2010

WC waste bin should be emptied every day. I did not mind having to make the bed but the former should be daily.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Turkish first
Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2010

I discovered Adrasan as a destination when I was searching for a quite diving base in 2009. I was fond of the village instantly so I chose Papirus Hotel for a stay in the end of September in 2010.
Adrasan to me has a few enchanting attractions like the river restaurants. But Papirus Hotel who awarded the Butik Hotel Prize has everything to compete and win your heart.

The garden, a sea of flowers and voluptuous green, has simply a unique atmosphere. I will treasure those memories of enjoying a long and delicious breakfast, listening to the birds and gazing into the mountains. I highly recommend the excellent dinner which will be prepared for you in the evening upon request. The rooms are lovely and individually decorated, very clean and all that is coupled with a fair and affordable room rate.
The owners added a very personal touch to their property and care for their guests in a discreet but attentive way. Which left me with the feeling I was not only staying with perfect hosts but with friends.

Thank you for making this years vacation a very special one!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Kassel, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2010

PAPIRUS -Hotel lies in a beautiful landscape ,good for walking in the montains and good for relaxing on the nice beach near the hotel.coming there on the roads is rather difficult because the streets are sometimes very bad and we missed a clear information to find the right way.- But: The Hotel itself is very nice, especially the new rooms will be comfortable,when they will be ready. A very good kitchen with a good and polite cook and the kind owner- couple we like to remember.-No doubt, its worth to visit this hotel for holidays, we ourselves would like to visit it again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2010

My initial misgivings about Adrasan proved to be well founded. However, I’ve covered Adrasan, the location, in another review.

It's only fair to say that the Papirus Hotel was of a decent enough standard, the staff were very friendly and from what I saw of the competition, this was the best place to stay in our part of the bay. The travel directions to get to the Papirus Hotel from Antalya Airport on the hotel’s own website were somewhat ambiguous to say the least! The cynical side of me thinks he knows the reasons why, but again, I’ve covered that elsewhere.

We elected to stay in one of the 'boutique' rooms, rather than a standard room, which was a good choice. The hotel is frequented in the main, by Turkish people, which suited us both down to the ground and added to the Turkish experience. There’s nothing worse for me than going abroad and being surrounded by British people!

The swimming pool and garden where really nice. In addition, there were plenty of sun beds and the hotel has several reserved on the beach. However, the beach and sea left a lot to be desired, quite frankly. The rooms were very clean and when cleaned, were to a high standard. However, this only took place every two to three days, which isn’t simply unacceptable.

By the end of the holiday, I came to the distinct conclusion that the owners of this establishment strived to keep their costs down to a bare minimum, sometimes to detriment of the customer! For example, there was no mini bar or fridge in the room, despite the searing heat and cold drinks needed to be ordered through the hotel, for a premium rate of about 66% compared with elsewhere. In addition, no cold drinks were included with breakfast either, which was quite an unpleasant surprise for me, especially in a hot country! Only hot tea was available?! Therefore, any cold drinks period, came at an extra cost.

The restaurant itself served lovely traditional Turkish home cooking, of a very high standard, but the downside was that this was a singular set menu. Again, the cost of eating in the restaurant is added to your final bill and I received a further nasty surprise, when I discovered that the cost quoted to me initially, by the staff of ‘15’ per head, turned out to be priced in Euros, therefore double what I was expecting! The average price to eat a main elsewhere was the equivalent of 7 Euro, so you can work out that you’d be better off eating elsewhere, where at least you have a choice if you choose wisely.

The whole Euros thing baffled me, since Turkey isn’t a member of the European Union, not likely to be any time soon and therefore not a member therefore of the single currency! Therefore, pricing in Euros is clearly a device to extract extra cash out of tourists and this left a bitter taste in my mouth, as they weren’t upfront about this.

I cannot recommend this place to stay in for any more than two days, max. The best thing you can do if you’re dead set on visiting Adrasan is to hire a car, so that you build in flexibility to your stay. If you like it great, if not, at least you can go elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank roaming_london
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2010

We spent one night at the Papirus hotel after a three night gulet cruise. Our children are 7,9 and 12 - the rooms overlook the restaurant so it was easy to carry on with our evening while the kids were safely sleeping in their beds. The hotel was absolutely perfect in a stunning setting - the hotel, gardens and the pool were extremely well maintained. The food was delicious home cooked, fresh and tasty Turkish cooking. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly - nothing was too much trouble. The beach is a 5 minute pleasant walk on a rough track where they have their own beds that you can use for free. Our only regret is that we only stayed one night.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2010

I found this hotel on the web. We went there as 2 families with kids from 7 to 13. The hotel is run by a family and a few aids. Very friendly people. I felt like we were guests rather than customers. The rooms and the whole facility is very clean. They serve breakfast and dinner as part of the rate. Particularly the dinners are wonderful, with a very large variety served and all wonderfully and homestyle cooked. They also have a nice menu for lunch which we had for several days, and everything we ordered was very tasty. The hotel is small and quiet, which was the main reason I chose it. It has a very nice shady garden with a swimming pool including a small one for children. Their rooms are not too large, but we were in the rooms only at bed time as the garden is always very pleasant. The road to Adrasan is under construction so not too easy access. But it should be much better when construction is over. The whole place is just comfortable and relaxing. It is 5min walking distance from the large Adrasan beach. The sea is one of the best I've ever been to. Very clean, and very calm particularly in the afternoon. I highly recommend to those who expect a calm relaxing vacation, no loud music or animators around. It is great value for the price they charge.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Cukurova
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

As an international Hotel Departman Manager, I took the risk and book this hotel for 3 nights and didnt want to leave, Cleanliness is my priority which this hotel does a great job they even clean sunbeds every morning one by one Let me be honest It doesnt happen in 5 star properties): Family run small hotel 10 minutes walking distance to the beach, complimentary sun beds at beach designated for the hotel guests, very clean air , beautiful garden small but lovely pool, breakfast variety was just enough (pls try homemade date jam) dinner and decorated dinner tables with live flowers and love!! was surprising, tasty light foods enjoyed by us reasonable pricing for the drinks (2.5 euros for a beer) Great place to relax , read, faraway from traffic noise, air pollution and stress,, priceless morning jogging, even Adrasan is quite far from Airport and main cities, there are restaurants , boat tours, taxi stations, pretyt much everything except Disco Bars and night life,, Olimpos Yanartas, Tahtalı Teleferik Kemer city Center and Phaselis can be the closer attractions,,, I highly recommend for everybody who wants to relax and have a quite quality time !!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tarhan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adrasan
Arikanda River Garden Hotel
#3 of 21 in Adrasan
Olympos Lodge
Olympos Lodge
#7 of 17 in Cirali

Been to Adrasan Papirus Hotel? Share your experiences!