“Total relaxation”

Ranked #9 of 36 Adrasan B&B and Inns
Lechlade, United Kingdom
“Total relaxation”
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

All I can say is thank you Jill & Fikret. We had such a lovely stay and although it was only for a few days we both felt like family. Charlotte thoroughly appreciated the efforts that you both went to to cater to our dietary requirements too. Our meals were sensational - through from breakfast to the excellent hamsi that I was delighted we could all enjoy. We look forward to coming back next year!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Edward H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Turkish first
Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed here for the second year running for 12 days in June. In fact, I had originally booked for a week, but just couldn't bring myself to leave! This truly is a little riverside paradise. Once you have enjoyed the beautiful freshly prepared riverside breakfast, you will find it a real challenge to want to spend the rest of your day anywhere else. It's surprising how many hours you can while away watching the wildlife and being cooled by the gentle river breeze.

Jill and Fiktret have clearly invested a lot of themselves in their hotel. Paradise looks and feels a lot more personal and homely than any of the other riverside properties, and their commitment to giving each guest a wonderful experience truly makes you feel like a member of the family.

The rooms are cool and clean, shaded by trees and overlooking the river. The fantastic food is freshly prepared, with a comprehensive range of choices, and be sure not to miss the fresh breads and pides baked on site. Should you manage to tear your self away, Paradise is a short walk from the beach and several beach bars, plus conveniently located for hiking and sightseeing.

This really is a magical place, and ever since i left, all I can think about is planning my next visit!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Speccy74
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2013

What a lovely peaceful, charming yet interesting week. My husband and I booked as B & B and as it happens we ate there most nights anyway. Waking up to a cacophony of animals and looking forward to Fikrets wonderful breakfasts. Gill was very accommodating and informative - both were absolutely superb hosts. We enjoyed a big day out on an organised boat trip - very spectacular scenery. We are looking forward to visiting again in the not too distant future. John and Carolyn. June 2013.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carolyn3792
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We stopped by for a breakfast but decided to stay because we couldn't leave that peaceful resting platforms set in the riverbed. Food are delicious and owners are so welcoming. Perfect place to eat and stay. You can feed the ducks nearby and enjoy your tranquil moments...

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank didemkb
Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Excellent value for money, gorgeous rooms that are very comfortable and tastefully decorated with lovely bedlinen and furnishings, balconies overlooking the river surrounded by flowers and trees. The beach is a five minute walk away but you seem to spend hours relaxing on turkish style sofas. The owners have created a beautiful spot surrounded by trees, birds and various other animals including a pet chicken. Food is excellent, especially the breakfast which is all local produce and so fresh. Food is served in tables that sit in the river. Its very cool, even in the height of summer. A real must see whilst in Ardrasan, you won't be disapponted.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank nadsb2010
LONDON
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Paradise Hotel is a special place and I feel lucky to have found it. Having been there last year with my partner and loved it, even though it was over 40 degrees I recommended it to the women I do yoga with. They all without exceptiion loved it and told me I had not given it a good enough description. How to describe? Welll most people arrive at night. You wonder where on earth you are going to as your taxi winds its way along dark roads and then suddenly you are at Paradise. You walk across a footbridge covered in foliage to be greeted by Jill and Fikret the lovely owners of Paradise and of course there numerous cats and beautiful friendly dog Laleh. There are only a few rooms built into the trees and all different. Simple comfortable and spacious. The cafe/restaurant is set out onto the river with pontoons over the shallow river and tables and low sofas dotted across the river. It is difficult to visualise. Ducks and geese constantly glide past the tables, giving a feeling of tranquility.
This time we were there to do yoga and of course relax. Jill and Fikret ensured we had space and gave us a wonderful breakfast after our early morning session. There is delicious food and lovely staff. the beach is 5 minutes walk away and lots of beautiful walks. Really I don't want lots of people to go as I love it so much so feel reluctant to share but if you want peace, tranquility and a lovely holiday this is the place to be.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank CORSI
London
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I booked this hotel following a recommendation from a fellow traveller and after checking the website and the great reviews in tripadvisor. I have to say it was something of a dissapointment. The room was nothing like the website (it says all rooms have baths overlooking nature...the traveller described this so i am assuming they exist). The room was also on the smallish side and the tiny shower without power and mouldy. As i was just there for a few nights on my way to Istanbul I decided to give it a go. What a mistake. This specific room is by a road and trafic goes by all night long. Hotels are side by side and the neighbour had loud music till late. Cock wakes you up at 5 am and the rubbish collector will pass by about 6ish. All of this would not be much of an issue if the room was soundproof but it was not. After a couple of exhausting nights I went to Cirali (how much worse it coould get?), the next door town, where I booked a bungalow cheaper than here and could go see the famous Chimeras. I wish I had stayed there instead. Better beach, better food and the perfect base to explore the area. If you book this hotel, make sure you are given a quiet room and as described in the website as for my experience it is not worth the price. I do agree the owners and service are good,but you are pretty much guaranteed this everywhere in the area. I am coming back next year to the region as there is a lot to see, but will be avoiding Adrassan and heading to Cirali instead where the converted farms and soundproof rooms will guarantee a good night sleep in advance of your hiking/sunbathing...

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank RoverGH
Jillbreeze, Owner at Paradise Hotel, Cafe & Restaurant, responded to this review, 3 March 2015
We are so sorry that you found our hotel uncomfortable, we do try as hard as possible to make Paradise as beautiful, comfortable and inviting as possible. What we cant control as the animals in this village such as the local cockerel (which is not ours), the time that the dustbins are emptied (which is essential to be a daily thing because of the hot weather of course) but this is a 5 minute disruption, which all hotels in Adrasan are subject to. Our showers are not electric as we have back up for hot water if the sun is not shining (a rarity) as we have an immersion heater to hear water. I think in all of our reviews this is the only negative one so we must be doing something right and are always aiming to please, again our apologies for any shortcomings you found with us, Jill and Fikret
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adrasan
Adrasan Klados Hotel
#3 of 36 in Adrasan
Maviay Hotel Adrasan
Maviay Hotel Adrasan
#12 of 36 in Adrasan

Been to Paradise Hotel, Cafe & Restaurant? Share your experiences!