“Welcoming”

Add it.
Clouds Guest House
Ranked #25 of 38 Durbanville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We arrived at durbanville drove around looking for accomodation everyone seemed to be fully booked because of the Jazz. We were attending a wedding. As we were driving around we saw the clouds walked in my goodness the lady by the name of Chrissie knows the meaning of HOSPITALITY knows how to get build and retain customer relationship. I ws sceptical about staying at the clouds because it really did not seem nice. BUT HER WELCOMING Manner and caring nature made me not want to drive anywhere else but stay right at the clouds. The best part was we arrived friday and we were planning to leave sunday after the wedding but our car gave us problems we had to wait till monday evening to travel back. They made sure that we stress only about the car and nothing else. They checked up on us. Did not rush us out of our room we were properly taken care of...and I will definitely return to the clouds just because of her. We only saw Chrissie and Chantel they were absolutely wonderful. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a peaceful place to stay in and just be. Absolutely wonderful service we got. The place is not all wow but the people managing the place are SUPER STARS!!They give u the wow effect. I would have never in a million years stayed at the clouds because I am too detailed and I want certain things in my room and certain standards. But I do not regret staying 3 nights at the clouds people are warm. It really warmed my heart to see such loving people. Thank thank u. It ws worth the try.

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed at the Clouds for 4 days and we were not disappointed. The room that we stayed in was near the pool and had everything for a self catering place. It was well laid out with comfortable beds. We had a full English breakfast on one of the days and it was first class. Staff were friendly and made us feel at home. Its a shame that a fence is required outside the property but at least it made us feel safe. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Number 7 is spacious
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Stayed at Clouds Guest house for 5 nights, had a lovely cosy 1 bedroom unit which was open enough for a 3 star with the only hiccup being the unchanged linen on one of the beds. Thanks to Chrissie's friendly and helpful nature I got that sorted and enjoyed the rest of my stay. The neighbourhood is peaceful and safe; we drove to the V&A everyday and came back in the middle of the night or early hours of the morning but we never had any safety issue. Can improve on the quality of cleanliness a little more.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool are more serene and have their own built-in braai stands.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We only stayed for one night (before a flight to London) in one of the self catering double rooms. The room was clean and tidy but the decor and furniture were old and dreary. However, we only paid R300 for the night and I think we got what we paid for. The staff were friendly and helpful and we had secure parking (behind a locked gate). We were able to access our room without having to go through reception. The pool was right next to our room. We didn't use it but it looked well kept and clean. I would stay here again if I needed cheap, no frills accommodation for a short period of time.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple