“Quaint little place....” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Our Place - CLOSED

Our Place
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Phoenix, Arizona
“Quaint little place....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Had it not been for TripAdvisor, I doubt we'd ever have gone to this restaurant. It doesn't even look like a restaurant from the road! But I'm glad we went. My friend and I had breakfast there and it was very enjoyable. It's rare that so many things look good that I can't make up my mind but nearly every breakfast item sounded delicious (nearly....I'm not a health nut so the yogurt and granola ... or muesli .... didn't sound good!). I settled on a croissant with scrambled egg, cream cheese, and salmon. While it wasn't anything super special, it was certainly good. It needed *something* to give it a little flavor ... just not sure what that *something* is. My friend had a breakfast panini that had mozzarella, basil and another item or two. She said hers was great. Even though neither dish had a side item like hash browns or breakfast potatoes of any sort, they were presented so nicely that the plates didn't look bare. The decor/ambiance is very nice. White linen table clothes with a lovely overlay....gave it a kind of a victorian feel. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. We looked over their lunch, dinner, and dessert menu just to get an idea of what they offered and like the breakfast menu, almost everything sounded delish. It's somewhere that I'll revisit and take my husband.

• Visited October 2013

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Very Good Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

We had a lovely evening out at Our Place with friends and family.
The restaurant has a formal setting, but not to formal that you feel out of place. Greate play area for the kids. Indoor and out door tables.
Has this fairy lights in the tree outside. So beautiful.
And the food was excellent.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“beautiful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I frequent this restaurant regularly and they have really upped the glam factor recently. The decor is beautiful, the fireplace cosy, the new menu is delicious. The food is presented beautifully and there are quite a number of new dishes worth trying. The waiters are now familiar faces who know the menu well and are very attentive.

Also great for an-after work drink in a beautiful bar with lovely snack menus.

• Visited September 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Used to be good - poor level of service and food quality now.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Used to go here quite a bit, although lately experiences have been pretty disappointing. Quality in food has significantly dropped (probably since they came out with Groupons!..) and poor service.

Had a cheese platter a few months ago that looked like it'd be refrigerated for a day or 2 prior to serving.

Our past 2 trips there the place has been booked out for a private function. The manager barked a 'no' to us when we asked if we could have a drink at the bar.. really rude, and unprofessional.

Seems like they've sold out for the sake of groupons and private functions at the expense of quality and good service.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Gen12345
Kenridge, South Africa
“Our Place - Perfect Every Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Our Place has a perfect combination of good food, great service and gorgeous decor.
Summertime meals & festivities under the large trees or winter times near the fire place... no matter what the weather, Our Place has a menu to tantalize and ambiance that results in you lingering long after your meal is finished.
I loved the fact that Our Place is suitable for a cozy, romantic meal, yet they cater for the little ones without creating chaos and mayhem.

• Visited July 2013