“Sunday Lunch”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2014

One of the best I have ever eaten! The eisbein was outstanding, crispy outside, juicy and succulent on the inside! If you are an eisbein lover then this one is a must. A fantastic lamb shank & tandoori sauce as well.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

This is apparently one of Durbanville's oldest buildings, and the pub accordingly has an authentic English style pub atmosphere. The pub has changed management since we first started going there some 14 years ago, but not much else has been changed. The place could probably benefit from a bit of renovation - especially the tables which have had tacky varnish for years! Nonetheless, we keep going back. Although the menu has remained much the same for years, the quality has varied - I suppose according to the resident chef/s and the source of the produce. I remember at one stage the sausages were superb, not so much nowadays. My fish and chips last week was fantastic, however. Most of the food is good old English-style fare, and the pub snack baskets can be pretty good. All in all, this is a pleasant spot, with a nice choice of draught beers...and, most importantly, Guinness.

1  Thank Mike W
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I have been there four times, the first was some years ago in mid winter, a roaring fire and really hearty food won the evening, my clothes smelled if I was braaing for a week, but, it was worth it.
on the other three occasions I was with friends and we all enjoyed what we ordered

Reviewed 1 October 2013

My husband and I discovered a little gem. It is still a typical pub with regards to decor and atmosphere, but the service and food makes it special. Basic food grub is the order of the day but cooked well and at a great price. Then the selection of beers makes this a place to return too even if you are not after a meal. The staff are awesome, welcoming and warm.
So wanting a relaxed night out with a good meal and drink, try one of the beers on tap along with the Springbok pie.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

They have a lovely beer selection on tap. Guiness, Kilkenny, Jack Black, Oxford Ale as well as all the usual local beer. Service is always friendly and pleasant. It has a traditional pub area, as well as a separate dining area and some outdoor seating, In winter they have a lovely fire going. Food is fairly basic pub food, like pies and oxtail, but all home made and cooked real well. Always enjoy our meals there. The springbok pie is my favourite.