“Weekend at Hebron Haven Hotel”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Howick
Hebron Haven Hotel & Country Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 16 Howick B&B and Inns
“Weekend at Hebron Haven Hotel”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My husband celebrated his 70th birthday on Friday 28th Feb, and we chose Hebron Haven as the venue to hold the event. What an excellent choice! The management and staff were fantastic!! We practically booked the whole hotel and everyone was very comfortable and happy with their accommodation. We had set menus for dinner on the Friday and Saturday nights and the food was lovely. Breakfasts were also great. We wanted to play the Amazing Race on Saturday afternoon and the beautiful spacious grounds of the hotel and it's facilities was the perfect venue, as well as the surrounding Midlands. We would like to thank, Robert, the General Manager, for going the extra mile and beyond, thus making it a celebration to remember forever!

Room Tip: We have stayed in room 16 and 33 and both rooms were beautifully spacious with everything one would...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Amanzimtoti, South Africa
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Just had a great weekend at Hebron Haven, first visit for us. Staff are great, food excellent, room very comfortable. Lovely setting with 100-year-old trees and lots of birds. The staff were very friendly and coped well with our big crowd there for a 70's birthday bash.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Short and sweet - old establishment that is past its heyday. The place needs a lot more maintenance - the rooms are old and a bit musty. Everything feels like it was let go and does not give you an "old english" feel, rather gives the impression that the establishment has long given up and is merely existing as a shadow of its past. I would definitely not visit Hebron Haven again. One positive - the food is not as bad as I expected given the other reviews. The home baked pies are not bad at all. I recommend the Thai Chicken or Pepper Steak.

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Bernard B
hebronhavenhotel, General Manager at Hebron Haven Hotel & Country Conference Center, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Greetings from Hebron Haven Hotel,

Thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor, we value all comments posted by our guests.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your food, we are very proud of the food we serve.

With regard to the rooms,

We did have the most terrible weather, in December where most of the days it rained, thus not giving us the chance to open up the rooms and air them out properly.

The hotel is over 100 years old and requires on going maintenance, we are at a stage where the buildings are being re-painted and redone.

Please feel free to give Robert a call on 081 496 3434 and we will be happy to welcome you back to spend another night with us and to see what changes we have done.

Thanking you

Kind Regards

Robert Pollabauer
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

My partner and I bought a two night stay on an online travel auction site which included dinner, bed and breakfast at hebron haven. The service we received both on phone when booking and in person was excellent.

Hebron is not a luxury hotel, but for the price we paid it was perfect for what we needed. Clean, well decorated room with tea and coffee facilities, and both a bath and shower. Dinner and breakfast were both good, though would have preferred more options on the set menu. Bar was festive and we really enjoyed the alfresco dining for our meals.

The hotel is conveniently located on the midlands meander, and is close to the must-see Abingdon Wine Estate. We will def revisit this hotel in the future.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank LetsGoGoGoGirl
Greetings from Hebron Haven Hotel,

Thank you for your review, it is always nice to get good comments from guests that shows that we are doing it right,.

We are very happy to hear that you had a good time and are looking forward to welcoming you and your friends back again.

Once again,

Many thanks

Kind Regards

Robert Pollabauer
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

We booked a 2 night special and were very disappointed. The hotel is in need of an upgrade. Our room was dark and smelt damp. The TV was not working and although the hotel did not appear to be full the Management did not appear interested in our request to move rooms. The Pub was warm and vibrant and food satisfactory. The electric blankets on the beds were an very welcome on the cold night. We chose not to return for a second night.

• Stayed May 2013
hebronhavenhotel, Owner at Hebron Haven Hotel & Country Conference Center, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Greetings from Hebron Haven Hotel.
Thank you Liselle for the review and the constructive comments. I remember chatting to you and your husband/partnr in th bar a few times the Friday night. I am sorry you were dissapointed and that you folk failed to inform me or my management staff of your room. We did have the most awefull weather and lightning strikes the night before which resulted in some severe damage including the Hotel tv network. I have discussed this with the reception and appologise for them not having informed you of the blacked-out TV's.
If I had seen you the next morning when I personally come greet all my/our guests again, I would have attended to your issues immedeatly. After being in the hospitality business for some 31 years, I know just how important you forl/guests are to our establishments.
Please feel free to call Robert at the hotel or e-mail me and we will be glad to have you and your husband around for a night. I am sure you will not be dissapointed.
Thanks again.
Warm regards
Rudolf Pollabauer
Durban
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I feel bad at giving a bad review to a place that is already obviously struggling, but maybe the owner will take note and try to make some improvements. So this is being done in the spirit of constructive criticism. Also, it's only fair to say that the service was fine and the staff were friendly.

As you will see from my other reviews, I believe in taking price into consideration when giving a evaluating a venue. This is clearly not a fine dining establishment (there are some in the area), so I'm not comparing it to those. But apart from the drinks (beer and soda), which I did think were very cheap, its prices were comparable, or even slightly more, than what one would pay at even better a better class of venue, either in the Midlands or even Durban. In terms of quantity, both main courses we ordered more than adequate, but the quality was really bad. One order came with onion rings that tasted doughy and tasted like they'd been fried in old oil. The real complaint though was with the other main course—peri-peri chicken. It was supposed to have been grilled, but it came almost literally swimming in oil. It was almost inedible.

The staff did ask us whether we enjoyed the meal, but it was difficult to complain there and there. But they should perhaps have noticed how little of the meal was actually eaten. (We fled to a neighbouring pizzeria to try again, and had a perfectly good meal there.)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NautieZA
Greetings from Hebron Haven Hotel.
I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your meal. We really do try to keep every guest happy and content. I have been in the hospitality business for some 31 years and know how important you folk/guests are to us.
I myself enjoy good food and would readily complain if I were not satisfied. I am sorry that you did not let us know immedeately, as we would have sorted out your meal and rectified the issue.
None-thepless, I want to thank you for your very constructive report and actually wish there were more folk like you.
Please feel free to call again, come speak to Robert (as I now reside abroad) and he will take care of you.
Hope to see yo again.