“Not Disappointed on our Second visit”
Review of The Old Ship Inn

The Old Ship Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Upwey
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: 17th Century village inn serving great beers and home cooked food. Set in the beautiful village of Upwey, the pub is steeped in history and features in Thomas Hardy's novel 'Under the greenwood tree'. we have a lovely beer garden with views stretching over to Weymouth. we have a large skittle alley that can be used for functions and a lovely restaurant which can seat up to 45 people, which also features cozy private dining areas and secluded nooks and crannies. We cater for all occasions and have darts and skittles facilities. we are open on Sundays and serve food from 12pm till 2pm and again from 6pm till 7.30pm.
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This was our second vsit to the old ship and we were not disappointed. I sometimes remember places better than they actually were. The food was great and there was a specials board to choose from apart from the menu. My son ordered something off the specials board and unfortunately was told than they didn't have any more left. It was good to know that the specials were REALLY specials and the board wasn't just there for show. We did have quite a wait between our first and second course but we were in no rush, it was good to iknow that the food was all freshly cooked and my sons were entertained in the skittles ally at the back of the pub. We were all quite stuffed after 2 courses so didn't get to sample the dessert menu. Will visit here again on out next trip to weymoth.

1  Thank MissMinkle850

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Very nice staff. Very quaint/pretty. Gorgeous fire in the winter. Nice garden in the summer. Dogs allowed. Good local trade.

1  Thank Blossom_78_11
Reviewed 11 March 2014

As stated, a last minute decision on a Thursday night. What a good one. It was very busy but the staff were great. Good menu choice but we both had choices off the specials board. The ham hock was huge and the meat fell off the bone and the spaghetti and meatballs had a twist with a chilli tomato sauce as a change. Obviously cooked to order and delicious. The Old Ship Inn is definately on the return again list.

1  Thank Bearbridge
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This place is about 5 minutes walk from my house which is great! The food is always excellent, beautifully presented, fresh and there is always a great choice and plenty of specials. Service is friendly and welcoming. And the pub even does a few real ales! It's often bustling with locals and we even caught a folk band one night during the week which was an unexpected treat. I count myself very lucky that I live so close to such an excellent pub and restaurant!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

A friend recommended this pub to us if we were ever down this part of the country and I have to say I'm so glad he did. The pub has a fantastic atmosphere and you feel more than at home as soon as you enter the door, the food was superb with both me and my partner complimenting the chef, the waiting staff were friendly and couldn't be any more helpful... This pub is a must for anyone, we will definatly be down again this year. Highly recommend it!!

1  Thank Underh