“Happy days”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Melbourne, Australia
“Happy days”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

If you want to stay in this area then this hotel is a great option. Staff could not be more friendly or helpful. Room is very comfortable and practical. The food from the restaurant was surprisingly good and good value for money. Plus there is a great supermarket directly next door which has a bar attached! Brilliant. A taxi to the race track was between 12 and 15 euro when I visited for testing. Annoying that thee was not a bus but that changes when the grand prix is on and that's hardly the hotels fault. It takes half an hour from the nearest train state to reach the centre of Barcelona. And it's at least a 10 minute walk there. That sunda like a long way bu t you kinda get used to it and it can see pleasant returning "home" from the hustle and bustle to a real Spanish village away from the trust traps

Room Tip: The rooms facing the highway also look onto fields and beautiful mountains. That's what you want...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
IBISMOLLET, Manager at Ibis Barcelona Mollet, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Dear Sir (Peter R),

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope to see you soon again and your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Kind regards,

Miguel CARRETERO
Assistant General Manager
Ibis Barcelona Mollet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Erlangen, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

Stay was good, rooms are clean and services is fantastic.

Internet is pathetic like in any other IBIS. Restaurant closed down at 11pm and we had to stick to one out of their 3 pre-prepared pastas.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear Sir (Darshan S),

Thank you for sharing your experience and for staying with us. It is a pleasure to know your stay at the ibis Barcelona Mollet was good and you were happy with the room and our staff.

I am quite dissapointed about the fact you were not satisfied with the internet conection. Please note the complementary internet has limited speed, however we also have at request a €5 internet conexión for those guest who needs faster and broader downloads.
Regarding your meal, I am afraid you have limited choice at that time.

Many thanks once again, me and my team hope to see you again in the near future at our hotel.

Kind regards,

Miguel CARRETERO
Assistant General Manager
Wimborne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012

The headline says it all - the Ibis Mollet is one of my favourite hotels anywhere and is certainly the best Ibis I've ever stayed in. My fourth visit, for 2 nights, was again enjoyable for all the right reasons - even the notoriously difficult parking was a breeze on this occasion. The staff were as usual very professional yet warm and friendly, while the room was spotless and very well presented, with all fixtures and fittings in place and working just as they should. Breakfast wasn't included in the very competitive room rate - but at 7.50 euro was good value. The help-yourself buffet featured a plentiful selection of fresh fruit salad, cereals, bread, cakes and pastries, cold meats, cheese, yogurt, juices and tea or coffee - everything needed for an energising start to the day. Please see my previous reviews for a little more detail - but, once again, I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Torino
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

Hotel is good, you have all what you can ask to a non-residential hotel and even something more, restaurant is good and staff is friendly..
Only problem can be the parking, in the area it is difficult to find a space. You have a supermarket parking just aside but it is closed in the night (23:00-07:00) so you cannot really rely on it, therefore you are forced to pay for the parking and I believe that is not correct: the hotel should have a free parking area as others being in the same category level in the Barcelona area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Exragazzaccio
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

Ibis Mollet is our 6th Ibis we have stayed during our holiday in Europe best Ibis yet close to supermarket, staff were wonderful used their parking did not find it dear and car was safe. We loved the new Ibis look breakfast good and overall I would highly recommended

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Wimborne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

This was my third visit to this hotel - and on each occasion it has been memorable for all the right reasons. It's so easy to find - being located just off junction 16 of the main A8 motorway - and is spotlessly presented both inside and out. I had a high floor room overlooking the motorway - but yet again the quad glazing blocked out virtually all the noise from the traffic whilst the room also provided a nice view towards the mountains. Getting parked at the front of the hotel necessitated the usual 'drive around twice until somebody moved' - but that was the extent of any problems I encountered (and if you really don't want to be bothered with that issue there is a relatively inexpensive underground car park). Not only were the staff very friendly and welcoming - but they actually remembered me too! Then when I needed to unexpectedly cut my stay short after only one of the planned three nights and return directly to the UK the front desk team were so helpful in assisting me with flight bookings printing boarding cards and providing accurate directions to the airport. Overall I cannot think of anything bad to say - and if I had the time I could probably go on and on about what an excellent hotel this particular Ibis really is! If you don't need to be in the centre of Barcelona do yourself a favour by rejecting the plethora of alternatives and stay right here. I certainly will the very next time I'm in that part of the world.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Hotel HC Mollet Barcelona
Hotel HC Mollet Barcelona
#4 of 4 in Mollet del Valles
Ibis Barcelona Montmelo-Granollers

Been to Ibis Barcelona Mollet? Share your experiences!