I was very worried that this hotel would not be "worth it" (yes, it is VERY expensive) given we are staying in lovely places throughout France and Spain. So much so I thought of cancelling, but am glad I didn't. The staff are warm and not pretentious, and we were lucky enough to have room 14 in the main hotel with a great view. It is an experience and I adored the room itself- dramatic and comfortable. To be honest, we would have felt very let down if we were not in the main hotel, but they charge the same for both...hmm, I don't think they should . The weather was truly awful ...rain rain rain, so no chance to sit on the inviting terraces. The winery tour the next day was included, and it was fine- helped but the hotel and the wine into context. We chose not to dine in as did not really like the ambience in either restaurant, and went to Laguardia instead- a beautiful old town nearby. Breakfast as good as it should be in a hotel of this quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The City of Wine, where you will discover a masterpiece, Hotel Marques de Riscal Elciego. With 43 luxurious rooms and suites, an exceptional spa and a superb culinary offer, this boutique hotel, located in the heart of la Rioja alavesa and designed by famous arquitect Frank O. Gehry, is the ideal place for enoturim lovers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood EMEA, Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Marques de Riscal a Luxury Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marques De Riscal Hotel
- Marques De Riscal Elciego
- Hotel Marques De Riscal a Luxury Collection Hotel Spain/Elciego