We stayed here for a week in April 2014. The apartments are fabulous - spacious, clean and well equipped. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment. Our balcony didn't overlook the beach, it was to the side but we got the sun on it until around noon and was lovely. We then had a small balcony off the main bedroom which got the sun in the afternoon. The rooms are very generous sizes and have everything you could want - full cooker/oven, washing machine, iron, TV with plenty of channels, DVD player. And it was so clean. On our last day the cleaners moved into the apartment next door around 10 and were still cleaning when we left at 12.30. We have stayed in Wimpen run apartments before and they really do run a quality operation.
There was free wifi by the pool and in the bar which was great. But the wifi in the room was €18 for the week which was expensive but we needed for business reasons. Only one device could use it at a time. So wouldn't recommend that.
There were plenty of beds around the pool and a lifeguard on duty while it was open. The pool is lovely, a good size pool so you can actually swim and a nice children's pool. There are set times when children can play with inflatables which is fair. Again it was lovely and clean. Reception offer towels to rent and it would have saved luggage space if we'd known that! The bar was nice and we ate in the restaurant two nights - having a super meal one night and a good meal the second night. The staff throughout the complex were friendly and professional. There is a small covered playground which was great for our young son who met plenty of friends. However the pool tables were not working for the entire week which was poor.
What other reviewers have said about the hills is right in that it would be challenging for anyone with mobility difficulties and the main bars/restaurants and marina are down the hill. The beach isn't great and the sand is volcanic black and unattractive.
Overall these apartments are really excellent, top class. They are like what you see in the photos. There was a number of reviews commenting about the sea view being amazing and to look for it - the apartments are such good quality that I wouldn't let a lack of sea view put you off. The apartments are amazing. We'd go back in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ona El Marques has a great location near the pretty village of Los Gigantes, the ideal setting for a dream vacation with Onahotels. The hotel offers apartments of one and two bedrooms, totally equipped and Wi-Fi. Kitchens are equipped with microwave, kitchenware, fridge, oven and washing machine. The living room is equipped with a Satellite TV, air conditioning and a DVD player. Some of the apartments have balconies from which you can watch the glorious sunsets over the island of La Gomera. Los Gigantes is dominated by the incredible blue-gray cliffs that rise like giants over the town, giving it its name and offering a spectacular setting. The village is only ten minutes away from Ona El Marques and has a variety of shops, restaurants and attractive bars facing the sea. Built around the harbor, where luxury yachts float next to fishing boats, Los Gigantes is proud of its beautiful beach kissed by the clear blue waters of the ocean. You can find another spectacular beach in the nearby village of Playa de la Arena. Ona el Marques is a sophisticated and elegant resort that has everything you need for a truly memorable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK), Atrapalo, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ona El Marques reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Marques Hotel Los Gigantes
- Ona El Marques Tenerife/Santiago Del Teide