Dhevanafushi Maldives Luxury Resort Managed by AccorHotels
Amari Havodda Maldives(South Huvadhoo (Gaafu Dhaalu) Atoll)
US$1,811
US$536
US$289
US$266
  • Pool
Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resort(South Huvadhoo (Gaafu Dhaalu) Atoll)
US$775
US$589
US$577
Raabade Maldives(Thinadhoo Island)
US$50
Pearl Beach View(North Huvadhu (Gaafa Alifu) Atoll)
US$645
US$62
Finivaage(Vaadhoo Island)
US$112
All reviewsmain islandocean villaprivate poolfishour honeymoondomestic flightsmall islandmale airportmanagement teamthe general managermarine lifeindian oceanbubble bathspent nightsf b managertunajumeirah vittaveli
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Just returned from a 4 day stay here, I had booked a special surprise for my husband's birthday and wanted the very best for him. Booked one of their Ocean Pearl villas, which looked pretty special. However, paying a higher price for an Ocean Pearl means, in the bad weather you are stranded as you are a boat ride away from the spa, bar, gymnasium and other facilities. I had preempted the bad weather and booked a very expensive signature massage, which my husband was really keen I had to repay me for the surprise holiday. However, when we arrived for the boat that we had requested at a time to miss the monsoon we were horrified to see it was leaving with other passengers who hadn't booked....the monsoon hit 15 mins later whilst we were waiting for another boat, of course I had to forgo my longed for massage as the weather was treacherous, plus my husband couldn't go to the gym. We were drenched and went back and showered and remained in the villa for our last day. The only consolation I had from the manager at the Ocean Pearl about 6 in the evening was "I've cancelled your massage for you"!! The majority of staff on hand were excellent and tried hard to make the stay very special, but problems started when my husband signed for our first meal bill (we were on a half board basis) this bill listed each and every item that we had. When he questioned this he was told that this wasn't the 'real' bill and we would get that at the end of the holiday. We also question the menu which listed 'supplementary charges' if you were half board (allowed 2 coursed from the menu). I had to pay $30 SURCHARGE on the tiniest 4oz chicken(total price was listed on our bill as $80.00 USD!!), despite the first course I had being a salad consisting of a few lettuce leaves, onions and a fifth of an avocado!! Paul went on line to review the bill and everything was grouped under one title, nothing was clear or itemised and there were some huge discrepancies with amounts that we knew we had not had. We spoke to the OP Manager but he was so blasé - came back later to tell us that "Oh we had been double billed for one thing, charged for somebody else's items on another and charged for a $350.00 lunch from one restaurant wrongly.".......we actually had soup and coffee at another restaurant for lunch on that day and my husband DID sign for this bill. Among other things we were erroneously charged for a bottle of champagne and we asked that an itemised bill be prepared for us for the next morning as we were leaving at 5.15am. We never got the itemised bill. The manager, Thomas, did not know how to deal with the situation - blamed their IT system!! He told my husband that he would send him the signed copies of all bills on the day of departure and we are still awaiting these signed receipts. Also, paid for the hotel through AMEX who paid approximately $7,500.00 for a 4 day stay at the resort. I had booked first class flights and internal flights separately. Additionally, the hotel, without my authorisation or my knowledge held back an additional $9000.00 USD for the 4 day stay by taking my card and handing it back to me after we had dinner on the first evening. Management here need some major training!!! Not what I would expect from Jumeirah. I have had to put this through to Platinum American Express to investigate on my behalf. It is such a shame as it could be a fabulous resort and one that we would have returned to if we hadn't had such a shambolic service from the management.

Room Tip: If the weather is bad you are stranded away from the bar, spa, gymnasium etc whilst staying in an Ocean Pearl Suite (best suites).
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
15  Thank 2000Debs
Doris B, Manager at Dhevanafushi Maldives Luxury Resort Managed by AccorHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Thank you for your valuable feedback from your recent stay in Jumeirah Dhevanafushi. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and highly appreciate your general feedback. We have taken note the shortfalls in service standards, which you experienced during your stay with us and it is not the standard for which we aspire to provide to our guests.

We would like to assure you that your comments have been discussed with the relevant managers and have been taken very seriously. Our priority is increasing continuous leadership training for the respective departments to provide excellent service in every step of our daily work. Your review is highly respected and will be used to improve our product and services, which you experienced not to be up to Jumeirah standard.

Our management is in contact with you and Jumeirah Dhevanafushi Team sincerely apologizes for having failed to meet your expectations on this occasion and genuinely hope to have another opportunity to be of service to you in future.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

We visited the Maldives for the first time from August 4 to August 9, 2012. The meaning of Dhevanafushi is "unique". For us it was paradise. Far ahead of standard tourism. All of the environment is outstanding. The staff has highest qualification in knowledge and spirit. You get treated as a friend. The food is fresh, natural and deliciously prepared. The villas are aestecically designed at highest standard and gives plenty of privacy. A few steps out to the private beach, the ocean welcomes you to show wonderful corals and fish. The main pool, bar and restaurant are candy for the eyes. We were spoiled with romantic luxury complementary extras because of our wedding anniversary.

Shah, one of the very high developed personalities was our butler and made us feel like friends.

Every day of the five was a perfect day. We are looking forward to see paradise the next time.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Thomas B
Doris B, Manager at Dhevanafushi Maldives Luxury Resort Managed by AccorHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2012

Dear Thomas,

It was truly a great pleasure to welcome you and your wife at our luxury resort Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and we are more than happy that you will keep us in wonderful memory. Our whole team is honored to read the fantastic comment and we treat it like an award, which motivates us to provide every day high standard service. With continuous training, attention to details and innovative solutions we achieve guest feedback like yours. Thank you so much and we are looking forward to welcome you and your wife back on idyllic island.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Everytime I think we can’t possibly find a more perfect resort in Maldives and the world for that matter my expectations are not only met but exceeded. Jumeriah blew our minds. Quite possibly the finest resort in existence! If anyone can tell us a more amazing place on the planet please do as we simply have to add it to our bucket list!!

I apologize to the amazing staff for taking so long to sing your praises. You are all incredibly wonderful and help to make this place the perfect destination that it is. Special heartfelt thanks to Roger & Ajung as well as Mandhu, Ali, Prasad, Waheed & Nihad. Sorry if i missed anyone!

More detals, pics and video on my blog...

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank principessa77
Doris B, Manager at Dhevanafushi Maldives Luxury Resort Managed by AccorHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

On behalf of Jumeirah Dhevanafushi Team we would like to thank you so much for the amazing feedback, which is an award for our hard work every day. It was a great pleasure serving you on our outstanding island and let your dream come true. We really hope to welcome you back on our incredible ‘Only All Suit Resort in Maldives’.

Your amazing detail blog, which is full of effort, is hugely appreciated by the whole Jumeirah Dhevanafushi Team.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

I stayed there in November and still think about it every day. Wish I was there right now. I've never seen the ocean so clean and clear or so blue and to be able to scuba dive without a wetsuit was amazing. Most colorful fish and coral I've seen anywhere. Even the snorkeling there is better than the diving in most of the world. We saw a red octopus in two feet of water in front of our villa. The villa and the beautiful sunset every night was heaven. We loved our butler John who put on a snorkel to fetch a lobster for our dinner one night and took us to the picnic island for a perfect day. We hardly saw any of the other guests on the island and almost felt like we had the place to ourselves. Perfect for a romantic vacation. Gigantic bed. Gigantic bathtub. Shower for two. Two bathrooms. It's the nicest resort i've ever been to or can even imagine. I absolutely loved it. No one should leave this planet without visiting this place. Don't let the distance scare you off. It took me 32 hours to get home, but i would've turned around and gone back the next day. It's absolute heaven.

Room Tip: choose a villa with a sunset view
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KarenM80
Doris B, Manager at Dhevanafushi Maldives Luxury Resort Managed by AccorHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2012

Our team feels more than touched to read such lovely feedback and are encouraged to go above our day to day limits. We are very proud to have exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed the amazing environment of our exclusive resort. It is a huge pleasure that our big size beds, which win our ‘Condé Nast Traveller Amenity Award’ and bathtub was more than comfortable for you. Our team is looking forward to welcome you back on our romantic luxury ‘Robinson Crusoe’ Island.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

We were fortune enough to have spent 10 nights at this amazing resort back in March. We can not speak highly enough of our experience there, from beginning to end it was faultless. The villas are out of this world, we stayed in an Island Revive and it was perfectly laid out being functional and gorgeous at the same time. The food is an experience all by itself. Both Chef Martin and Chef Mike were always around to give suggestions and always keen to ensure you enjoyed the entire dining experience on offer. We indulged in a couple of private dinners, one where we suggested that Chef Mike chose the menu and surprise us and the food itself, the presentation and the variety offered was all superb! What really sets this resort apart from the rest in the Maldives (and we have stayed at a number of high end resorts in the Maldives previously) is the team of people that they have on board. Every single person we encountered had a genuine interest in ensuring that we were enjoying our stay and would go out of their way to do anything no matter how big or small to please us. Unfortunately our stay was cut quite short due to an unexpected death in our family and Management (Chris and Thomas) showed complete empathy to our situation offering to do whatever they could to help - re arranging flights etc which was greatly appreciated at such a difficult time. The house reef is stunning, loads of beautiful corals and marine life, we even saw both black and white tip sharks! Last but not least, was our butler, a very special person Shah, who has been mentioned in other reviews here was simply amazing! We felt like we had our own little Jeanie on hand to make anything and everything our hearts desired happen! Most of all though, he was an absolute treasure in assisting us in entertaining our 3.5 year old son. He would often magically appear at breakfast or dinner and whisk our son away to go crab hunting, looking for shells or simply riding around the island on the buggy and visiting the kitchen staff. His genuine care for our son and for wanting to help create the most memorable holiday experience possible was greatly appreciated. He was always around if needed but never intrusive which is something we really valued in him. There is alot more I could say about this resort but basically it is honestly the most amazing place and we would return in a heartbeat! If you have the opportunity to go to the Maldives, you won't regret booking the "Divine Dhevanafushi"!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank boomba79
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Thank you for leaving such lovely comments. It was truly a great pleasure to welcome you and your family at Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team is more than happy to exceed your expectations and provide you with unforgettable moments. We can’t wait to welcome you back in August and surprise you with outstanding culinary highlights surrounded by the incredible scenery of Maldives.