Dhevanafushi Maldives Luxury Resort Managed by AccorHotels
Amari Havodda Maldives(South Huvadhoo (Gaafu Dhaalu) Atoll)
US$703
US$585
US$519
US$507
  • Pool
Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resort(South Huvadhoo (Gaafu Dhaalu) Atoll)
US$775
AYADA Maldives(Maguhdhuvaa)
US$866
US$659
  • Breakfast included
Pearl Beach View(North Huvadhu (Gaafa Alifu) Atoll)
US$645
US$62
Raabade Maldives(Thinadhoo Island)
Finivaage(Vaadhoo Island)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmain islandocean villaprivate poolfishour honeymoondomestic flightsmall islandmale airportmanagement teamthe general managermarine lifeindian oceanbubble bathspent nightsf b managertunajumeirah vittaveli
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2013

It is simply No.1 Resort in the whole Maldives ,I can say that when I heard to many friends and relatives who traveled or visited Maldives . there is something special about this place something you are looking for deep inside of your soul the sense of purity,happiness and relaxing atmosphere.From the first step you feel welcomed in your second home where you never been with a big smile on everyones face from the manager to the last one working there . The service is high end you will be surprised by the quality and the care you are getting from the first time they pick you up from the airport till you leave the island again ,

the food is great one of the best I ever had the service is outstanding , the breakfast is not a buffet they have a long listed menu include everyones taste and they are ready to make anything you like ,the dinner you have choices between the main land azara and khi bar

or the ocean Johara the menu is different from one to another Johara you can say it is asian authentic cuisine meanwhile Azara is international I like them both you should have one here and one there

we took the beach revive sunset Its a villa that take your breath away when you enter it in the first time and the rooms are the biggest room i ever seen in any resort and the ceiling is so high you feel it so comfy and in the same time it is luxurious , the bed is the biggest bed you lay your eyes on . and every room has a mac computer integrated with direct stream system you can watch movies listen to music and watch your favorite channels while you are having a Skype call , the bar has everything and don't worry about your coffee there is an Nespresso machine , the shower has a wide see view glass and rainbow shower while . Hermes is the brand they use in the shower gels and the soups around outside two terraces waiting for you and the private pool which i spend most of my time on and the bed downstairs right above the see i think they do it too well in this area ,

now I want to talk about the special nights they are making as I remember at Monday they have the cocktail sunset party where you meet the staff and the other guest , Don't waste it you should go there have a little chat mingle with others get to know them and the cocktails are awesome and have a lil massage for ten minutes as the Spa staff are there . after that they have a sea food night in azara it is great having a dinner beside the sea side , and they have BBq night and lobster night which is amazing ,

and there is a beautiful small shop on the island called essence it has everything you need from clothes shorts gifts sunglasses and it is cheaper than the airport make sure that you buy gifts and souvenirs form it

I think I won't forget this Lovely stay as long as I lived they made my honeymoon a perfect one

I would like to thank first Mr.Wally for his kindness and warm hearted care and I want to thank Mr.Shah who was helping us and making our stay a pleasure and relaxing and I want to thank Mr,Yasir for his smile and welcoming . and everyone in the resort

I think anyone who read this won't think twice about choosing between 120 resorts in the Maldives
Jumierah is your number one choice

Fawwaz Aljh

Room Tip: ocean revive for couples or families with adults beach revive for families with kids and couples also
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Chris E, General Manager at Dhevanafushi Maldives Luxury Resort Managed by AccorHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

Dear Fawwaz_z_13,

Warm greetings from the Maldives!

Thank you very much for this overwhelming review. We are all extremely happy that we were able to provide you the most unique and memorable experience so far and you have voted us No.1 resort in the Maldives.

Your detailed review will be very helpful and informative for other travelers to have a clearer idea about our resort from a dining experience, the luxurious villas, our personalized service and highlighting so many positive elements of our resort.

Your recognition is a powerful encouragement for us to continuously strive to excel in providing “STAY DIFFERENT” service for every guest. My heartfelt thanks for the strong recommendation and wonderful feedback which we have fondly read with the team.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 5 July 2013

If i can go back to the past just for 45 days i will change my mind about maldives and i will book in a one of many luxury resorts in seychelles ! No more maldives this is my second disappointed the first was with the Shangri La .

I have paid more than 20,000 $ for 13 nights and all what they can to give us as complimentary is ( 15 minutes foot massage ) wow thats too much ! very generous thank you for this 15 minutes !! what a shame ! Anyway lets tell you about the Drums, if you stay in the villas on the island ( beach or island revives ) be ready with the very disturbing drums and if you have a Sound or Noise Sensitivity never think about jumeirah dhevanafushi the drums strat after 6 pm till 11 most of the week ,Its very small island by the ways ! We come here to relax not to party ! I asked mr walley to stop drumming just for one day cause i have to sleep early for my early flight !

I don't feel comfortable with only one butler! i think i lose some of my privacy ! when i need something to eat i call In Room Dining if i want my room to clean i call the Housekeeping , the butlers do nothing and they all serves many guests not only one guests ! i faced a proplem with one of them always late to bring my orders when i asked him way? He said im busy with other guest ! aha ok

There is no bridge between the ocean revives (water villas ) and the island ! when you need to go there that all will takes about 10-15 minutes to wait and go by boat

This place is not comfortable at all !

No more Maldives

bye forever

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Thamer-Bin-Majed
Chris E, General Manager at Dhevanafushi Maldives Luxury Resort Managed by AccorHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2013

Dear Mr. Thamer-Bin-Majed,

Thank you for posting your review and bringing your comments to our attention regarding your recent stay at Jumeirah Dhevanafushi.

On behalf of the whole team, I sincerely apologize for the disappointment over your stay. It was the least of our intention to interrupt your privacy and regret the disturbances specially caused by loud drums. We recall this being brought to our attention and apology extended by the Front Office Manager with an explanation that we had a special wedding celebration happening at Mumayaz and the themed Dinner evenings that are accompanied by local cultural performance highlights of which include the famous “bodu beru”.

Following the issue being highlighted to us, you would probably not have heard any more drumming during the remainder of your stay.

The concept of having a dedicated personal butler during your stay is to create a personalized relationship thus to ensure that your needs are well provided and taken care of by one point of call.

As you have highlighted, the water villas are completely detached from the main island which give you a feeling of total privacy and is also unique experience of the resort.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback on trip advisor and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality.

Meanwhile please do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

I cant even begin how to express my feelings about this place but i will start by saying it is absolutely paradise.

From the minute we arrived at the island we were warmed with the friendly staff. we stayed in the ocean pearls where we were greeted by Shah, what an amazing guy, one now we call our friend! He was brilliant, and never stopped smiling! Anything we needed was never too much.

We had numerous trips while we were at Dhevanafushi, including a trip to picnic island - the most beautiful thing i have ever seen in my life!

The staff on this island couldnt have done anything else for us, would like to thank you all. Chris, Wally, Som and the spa girls, Febin, Alex, Shah, Waseem, Rale, Lionel are just a few but thank you to everyone who made our stay so special.

We held our wedding ceremony at Mumayaz beach, it was the most idyllic thing in the world. The best day of our lives by far and that wouldnt of happened without all of the hard work by every member of staff so thank you so much for that guys.

We are very sad to have left the island and will 110% be returning to the island.

All in all, the accomodation, staff, food, island, snorkelling, EVERYTHING was just perfect!

Sarah & Rhys Williams

Room Tip: We stayed in Ocean Revive 36, sunset villas and will be requesting that room with our butler Shah next time.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Sarah & Rhys,

A big thank you for your heart warming note on Tripadvisor during your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Dhevanafushi.

The colleagues here are all over the moon with your very positive review. Everyone at Jumeirah Dhevanafushi is very happy to have shared this special occasion with you, especially the day of your wedding which will always be remembered as one of the highlights of the resort.

All your warm comments with regards to our colleague’s exceptional service are highly appreciated and I have shared your kind comments with the entire team at the resort and they are all very happy and touched to know that their efforts are so well appreciated. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration and will motivate us further to ensure that we provide genuine and personalized hospitality to all our valued guests.

Once again, thank you for the wonderful review and on behalf of the entire Jumeirah Dhevanafushi Team, we all look forward to welcoming you back again together with your family to our idyllic paradise!

Please do let us know about your holiday plans in advance and it will be our pleasure to make it another memorable stay.

See you again soon and do keep in touch Sarah and Rhys.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

My boyfriend and I have been a regular guest at Jumeriah group hotels. We find it quite disappointing at Jumeriah Dhevanafuahi.

Lets start off with the positive reviews:
1- we stay at the ocean villa and the room is huge! Is larger than any other over water villa we have stay in maldives.
2- good TV entertainment program. Free movies for you to choose from.
3- good housekeeping service.
4- great place for water activities. We saw sea turtle, dolphins and even shark!
5- our flight was at 11:30pm and they let us have the room till 4:30pm which I thought it was nice of them.
6- amazing spa. Nice service staff and love looking at the glass bottom hole from the massage table.

The negative:
1- for a 5 star hotels, we were hoping to have a decent breakfast. We find the food very average and the service is poor for a 5 star hotel.
2- the waiter told us their supplier comes every 10 days so we didn't have orange juice till our last day of our trip. Also, some or the food that we ordered aren't even fresh!
3- even for half board plan, they charge us about 100USD per pax for some special seafood buffet, where the tuna isn't fresh and there's not even oysters.
4- the resort is separated into different islands. It makes it really inconvineance to go back to our villa if we are on the main island. Sometimes we had to wait up to 20 mins for the ferry to come pick us up.

In general, is a nice place to stay but we wouldn't go back there or recommend our friends especially when it is quite time consuming to get there. Some of the staff are really nice but some are really untrained. If you are looking for an island with lesser people, then you could consider this as your option.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Slidej322
Chris E, General Manager at Dhevanafushi Maldives Luxury Resort Managed by AccorHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear Slidej322,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent visit to Jumeirah Dhevanafushi

Your valuable feedback is very important for us to continuously improve all aspects of our service and quality standard. I am pleased to read that you are satisfied with our rooms and facilities, water activities, our award-winning Talise Spa, and some of our colleagues left a positive impression on your experience in Jumeirah Dhevanafushi.

I have also noted your negative feedback regarding the food selection and service which has been discussed with the relevant Managers and taken seriously. Our priority is increasing continuous leadership training for the respective departments to provide excellent service in every step of our daily work.

Am sorry that you felt unable to recommend our resort after your stay. It is definitely not our intention to disappoint our guest as we are constantly challenging ourselves to find ways to make the resort better and continuously working hard to keep on standard to the highest level of service. Please rest assured, we are fully committed to complete guest satisfaction and renew that commitment every single day to provide unique experiences to our valued guests.

Thank you once again for sharing your constructive feedback on trip advisor and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality.

Meanwhile please do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 June 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 7 nights on our honeymoon and it was incredible.

The staff:

Incredibly friendly and accommodating - our butler (Shah) was very nice and attentive. We are very active people and he was more than willing to not just set up activities but also make recommendations. The staff overall was the most friendly we have ever experienced.

The property:

It really is the best of the best. We stayed in other 5 star (or higher) properties on this trip and this property is incredible. We stayed in the ocean pearls and it was wonderful. The villa's are very private and you can do what you want and not have to worry about others being around. The other people staying at the resort did keep to themselves. We are social people and were able to find a few folks willing to socialize and the staff was always willing to strike up a conversation.

Activities:

We are very active people and we didnt find ourselves bored for an instant - there is so much to do!! The snorkeling right off the of villa is some of the best we have ever done. And for any scuba divers out there you are in for a treat.

Overall this property is incredible. We cant find one thing wrong with it...

K&T

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Chris E, General Manager at Dhevanafushi Maldives Luxury Resort Managed by AccorHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Dear KandT2013,

Sunny greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We are truly grateful with the constructive feedback from your recent visit to Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and sharing your wonderful holiday experiences with us and our Trip Advisor readers.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the complete privacy of your villa, our fantastic house reef which is within a short swim from your villa and the friendliness of our the colleagues. Rest assured that your kind words of praise will be passed on to Shah who will be delighted to hear this, your generous recognition has been shared with the entire team at the resort. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration and will motivate us further to ensure that we provide genuine and personalized hospitality to all our valued guests

Once again, thank you for the wonderful review and on behalf of the Jumeirah Dhevanafushi team, we all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Regards,