“don't drive by, try”

Cuisines: Indian
Hamilton, Canada
“don't drive by, try”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

It took me a tries to get to dine here. I took my wife and a local friend. Nice CR feel you know outside artisan chairs, woody feel. A French/ Thai fusion I felt. Very nice people. Great spicy soup, great salads and we all liked our entrees. Whether beef tenderloin, seafood or local fish no disappointment. my wife's only comment was she wished for a little more lighting and the banos was not unisex but close. I laughed. I love it down here

• Visited January 2012

New York City, New York
“À great "jungle" experience with fantastic food ( French-Thai fusion) and super service. Worth dropping by when in the area!”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Delicious Fish Stew”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Madras is absolutely lovely. It's tucked back from the road and is decorated with an eclectic style. The furniture is art, amidst floating lights and bohemian vibe. On the night we dined, we arrived before their opening time, but were graciously accomodated by the husband and wife duo that are the server and chef, respectively. Their adorable children peeked out every now and again and lent a comfortable, homey feel to the atmosphere.

The food was really nicely done. Everything is freshly prepared within a few feet of your table. We started with a beef salad that was dressed beautifully with a slightly salty fish sauce/lime dressing--perfect. I then had the fish stew--I think I went for a 7 for spiciness. It was the best fish stew/curry that I've eaten in quite some time! Large chunks of whitefish bathed in spicy curry sauce and served over rice. Fantastic.

We decided to drink dessert and the cuba libres were also well done.
A bright spot in our trip!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank NiCoLe8275
New York City, New York
“Delish!”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

The food was great and so was the service! I forgot our waiters name but he was great. The shrimp ceviche was delish, and the piña colada was smooth and creamy just he way I like it! For the entree i have the mixef seafood rice and it eas soooo good. They give you a lot for reasonable prices. I'd definitely visit again if I ever visit Costa Rica again!

Visited January 2012
“One of our favourite restaurants in Uvita / Ojochal area (Marine Ballena)”
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We were introduced to Madras about one year ago. It was highly recommended by friends living in Ojochal. The restaurant is small (typical for this area) and has 6 or 7 tables. The entire restaurant and furniture is all hand crafted by the owner. The décor is funky, sort of a cross between “the Flintstone’s” meets “Tim Burton”. His wife is the chef.

The menu is very short and primarily Indian cuisine (chicken, shrimp and beef), but you can get a steak if you are not a fan of curry, heat and spice. If you are going for the curry, you will be asked how hot you like it … on a scale of 1 to 10. I've worked my way to a 10 and survived.

I’ve dined here four times now and always had a great meal. I am planning to return in a month or so and Madras will definitely be on my restaurant list.

• Visited April 2011