“Osa Mountain Animal Sanctuary - Aaaaahmazing.”

Osa Mountain Adventures
Ranked #4 of 6 things to do in Ballena
More attraction details
Owner description: Every adventure your heart desires in the Osa Peninsula area. Try our zipline canopy tour & tarzan swing if you aren't afraid of heights. Spend a lazy day floating down a local river or an adrenalin filled day whitewater rafting on one of the three great local rivers. If the ocean is your thing we offer whale and dolphin tours during the season, snorkeling out at Cano Island, and ocean & river sport fishing that will blow you away. If hiking is more your speed we have many day and nighttime hikes to choose from including tours of Corcovado National Park where you'll visit one of the most bio-diverse places on the planet. If you like the beach you might want to try kayaking in Marino Ballena National Park. If you are into birding our 750 acre property is a gold mine with many species having been sighted. We also have horseback riding tours and ATV tours that will get you off the beaten path.
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

This place is SUCH a gem, and a must-do if you're an animal lover. I was a teeny bit weary at first because of my aversion to zoo's and animal treatment, but this place is nothing like that. It's basically a rehab sanctuary for animals who've been abandoned, orphaned, injured, disabled, etc. The animals are released back into the wild unless they're injuries or condition wouldn't allow them to thrive. Mike, the owner, is incredibly knowledgable, and so sweet. You can tell how passionate he is about these animals and the care that they receive. Some of the animals
were already domesticated before they were brought in, and so you are allowed to interact with them. Coco and Pablo, the white faced capuchin monkey's, are heart breakers and I definitely said goodbye with a little Pablo-shaped hole in mine.

I'm so glad I stopped in here that day. Mike, you're doing amazing work, and my heart is so full from spending time with you and all your babies. ❤️

DuaneOverturf, Owner at Osa Mountain Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2015

We are happy you enjoyed the animal sanctuary. Mike really is a dedicated person doing great work for the animals. We hope you will return in the future.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Went
to see all the animals at the OSA mountain wild animal sanctuary, and was the highlight of our trip. Was well worth the drive up the mountain. We have never been that close to white faced monkey's ever and what an experience. Mike is doing a great job running the facility and caring for the animals. Costa Rica needs a place like this for the animals. Great job mike, we will send everyone and anyone up there. Great experience.

DuaneOverturf, concierge for the property at Osa Mountain Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Glad you had a great time. Mike is indeed a special person doing a great work.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I am ready to buy some property and fly like Superman everyday. Well, right after I get off the boat from fishing and spear fishing but before I chill in the pool with Imperials. :-)

I will be back to pick out the property soon.

Thanks for a great time

DuaneOverturf, concierge for the property at Osa Mountain Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Look forward to seeing you again on your next trip.

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I couldn't believe what I could do with the adrenaline pumping! Head first down a rappel line to the jungle floor, walking on creaking planks with only one wire to hang onto, zipping through the jungle canopy, Tarzan swing. VCard everything was a rush and yhe guides seemed to enjoy it as much as we did. Great fun!

We;re glad you had a good time. Maybe try the Superman ride next time.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We were a little nervous, but our guides made it so much fun! By the time we were finished, I wanted to do more.

We hear that a lot. Most people find it exhilarating even when they are a little afraid to start.