“Consistently Good Fresh Food”
Review of Ballena Bistro

Ballena Bistro
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Ballena
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ballena Bistro is located in a beautiful wooden building. Our fusion dishes are casual and creative and made with the freshest ingredients. Everything is homemade including our burger buns. We are dedicated to make your visit special.
Los Gatos, California
“Consistently Good Fresh Food”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Have gotten hooked on this quaint spot. Located in a beautiful wooden building this place has never let me down. The 8 + items on the menu are all wonderful....at least the 6 I have tried !!!! The Seafood coconut "sopa" is the best I have ever had and the ceviche is always fresh. Also (the one evening they are open "Thursday") the atmosphere is very cozy and perfect for a romantic dinner at a very reasonable rate.

• Visited October 2013

Asheville, NC
“delicious”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We ate lunch at Ballena Bistro, in the Goathouse 169 building between Uvita and Ojochal. Both times it was great. I had the roasted veggie sandwich with goat cheese and basil on freshly baked ciabatta....really good!! The next time I had the falafel taco, which was light and crispy. It's hard to do falafel well, but they really do. It's a unique looking building and the multilingual staff are very friendly and welcoming. They also hold jewelry making classes there on Saturdays that sound like fun and have a second hand clothing shop too. I highly recommend this place!

• Visited August 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
“Fantastic Place for Lunch!”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Ballena Bistro is a great place for lunch. It is one of the businesses in the Goathouse 169. Anya is so nice and she really works to please her customers. Her falafel is the best I have EVER had. Her hamburgers are great too and they make their own buns. Also love their ceviche with coconut milk and mango. I also like to browse through Shop Adorable, which is located in the next building. I find this place a great choice for stopping for lunch since it is right off of the highway. I try to have lunch here whenever I travel through this area.

• Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Falafel addiction”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I love this place, Anja is wonderful, as is the rest of the staff and the food is excellent. The menu is small but everything is super fresh and finger licking delicious! Even the burger buns are home made. I have to stop myself from going back every day for the falafel wrap, it's out of this world good! And on top of all of this, it's cheap! Keep it up!

• Visited September 2013