Being a nature lover, staying at Mar y Selva was fantastic. It is located in the forrest, with a nice view of the ocean. You can watch the wild-life from the super-sized pool (for example, there was a group of howler-monkeys in the tree above it). The rooms were modern and clean, and the service was very nice with the manager Carlos doing everything for your with a broad smile!
We liked the tour to Corcovado, but not to pay 6 dollars per person for going to the nearest beach.
We would like to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eco-style elegance! Mar y Selva Ecolodge is immersion in the jungle with all the comforts of home. Close to pristine beaches including Punta Uvita - famous Moses Pass and Whale’s Tail; Semi-Olympic pool, and personalized service. We overlook the Ballena Marine National Park; near Corcovado National Park; Caño Island Biological Reserve; the mangroves of the Sierpe and Terraba Rivers, Manuel Antonio National Park and several waterfalls, including Nauyaca Falls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your Mar y Selva Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mar y Selva Ecolodge Hotel Ballena
- Mar y Selva Ecolodge Costa Rica/Ballena