“A Memorable Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Athenry
Dublin, Ireland
“A Memorable Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

As part of our 25 Wedding Anniversary celebration we stayed at the Raheen Woods Hotel Athenry. From the moment we stepped into the hotel lobby we knew that we had made the right choice. The staff greeted us warmly and the owner also made it her business to welcome us. Our room was perfect and beautifully decorated. The facilities were second to none . The restaurant and bar facilities were excellent and very spacious, decorated to the highest standard and exceptionally clean. The food was excellent also. A gym .leisure centre and spa are available. But what made it extra special for us was the attention of the staff from Majella in reception, Mia in the restaurant, Philip in the Bar, Jenny in the Tranquility Spa to Frances the Manager all could not do enough to make our stay more enjoyable.This is a family run hotel and you can see that the owners,Maria and Lester have put a great effort into making this hotel successful. The location was 10/15 walk to Athenry and 15 minutes on train to Galway city. We will definitely be going back. Cannot recommend this hotel highly enough!!
C.F.C .fans are in for a little treat too

Room Tip: Get the presidential suite - you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank onemorenight1
RaheenWdsMD, Director of Sales at Raheen Woods Hotel, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear onemorenight1,

Thank you so much for your review which is really appreciated. We are delighted you decided on Raheen Woods Hotel to celebrate your Silver Wedding Anniversary which is such an important occasion for you both. The management and staff of Raheen Woods Hotel really are continuing to strive on giving our customers the perfect experience and thank you for recognizing our efforts.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Brian Bourke - Sales & Marketing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Polish first
Pyworthy, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights from 19th september. Bedroom was a good size. Ended up with a pain in my neck watching TV in bed as it was placed at the wrong end of the dressing table. A little thought should have gone in to where the tv should have been placed. Directly facing the bed would have been good and for a 4 start hotel I would have expected a more modern tv. Also no clock or radio in the room which is something I would expect today. I had to set the alarm on my moble phone to wake me up. Did not like having to boil a kettle in the wardrobe to make my tea as I did nor feel it was safe. No tissues, sanitary bags or body lotions in the bathroom. Stayed on a bed & breakfast. The hot food was exactly the same every day. The first day was ok but as the days went by it got worse. By the last day they were serving reheated bacon which was so hard i could not use my knife & fork to eat it but had to use my fingers. Needless to say i left most of it. Also ate in the bar a couple of times and again the roast potatoes served with the roast beed had been reheated and were very hard to cut.Although at first look the hotel looks clean and tidy but on further inspection you can see the dudt on the banisters on the stairs which have not been cleaned for sometime. Also on the mezzanine level the same dead fly remained for my five days. In the evening the hotel seemed to resist putting lights on and everywhere upstairs seemed very dark and depressing. Although a very modern hotel it lacks character and is soulless. I must say that the staff were excellent through my stay except for when i checked out and handed in my key. I just got thanks from the receptionist and not even a polite remark about if i had a nice stay. She just put her head down and carried on doing what she was doing. I would not sray here again as i feel it does not offer good value for money.

1 Thank Audrey D
RaheenWdsMD, Director of Sales at Raheen Woods Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear Audrey D,

Following a management and staff meeting, we are all clear that any interaction with your party during your stay was a positive one and now unfortunately we learn otherwise. The management and staff are very disappointed to learn of your grievances and we felt that any request was carried out in its entirety. If there were any other issues, communicating these issues would have made for a better overall experience.

In summary, as a hotel we are here to serve the customer and provide a product and service and we fully welcome engagement if there is a grievance. Unfortunately that opportunity has now passed leaving only web based interaction.

As is quite evident, we have very positive feedback from past reviews.....please read them and you'll see that we do a good job and provide an excellent product and quality of service.

Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel is rated as a 3 star but I must admit I'm surprised its not a 4 star. The hotel is located on the outskirts of loughrea. There is ample parking. The check in was quick. I was asked to prepay in cash. I don't particularly like when I'm asked to do this. I'd like to receive a service before I have to pay for it. They had my credit card details on file from my reservation so I was hardly going to do a runner! Anyway the room was lovely and the decor modern. There was a rather large mark on the mirror in the room which I assume house keeping missed. Also no tissues in the bathroom and the guest information booklet was a bit on the skinny side with very little information in it! All very minor complaints which could easily be rectified and would in no way put me off staying again. Overall its a good hotel, clean, modern and friendly staff. Breakfast was good and check out quick.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RaheenWdsMD, Director of Sales at Raheen Woods Hotel, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear lisalefteye,

Thank you for your recent review of our property Raheen Woods Hotel and appreciate your comments on the prepay policy which is for the room rate only and does'nt include of course extras incurred. On behalf of the hotel, thank you for choosing to stay with us and hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

sussex
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights and staff were friendly and helpful.
On our last morning we were given reheated bacon that was impossible to cut through--it was served to us in less than 2 minutes after placing order--horrible.Why do you not provide skimmed milk --each time I asked I was told it was not available.The mezzanine area needs hoovering as the same dead flies were on the ground throughout our stay.The seating in the reception/bar area is so uncomfortable but looks the part.This hotel has no character and is soulless.I was in a balcony room which was too hot---could vents not be placed above balcony door to allow some ventilation? I would not stay here again and regret not staying at a better but more reasonable priced hotel in Galway.

1 Thank deshie
Dear deshie,

Following your recent review, the management and staff have discussed at length your visit with us and no one can recall you or your party having any issues at all in fact on the contrary, many of the staff can remember nothing more than positive interaction! If you had issues, you could easily have brought them up with our management who are always on hand and your grievance would have been dealt with in a professional manner. The management and staff are very disappointed with your review and also your friends review and if you read our reviews of the past you will note excellent feedback most of the time. I'm not saying we're perfect, but we try very hard to give a good experience and we do that the majority of the time. In relation to dead flies on the mezzanine, we are situated in the country and there is a farm literally across the road with 100 sheep grazing which makes for a lovely natural view of rural Ireland. With this type of environment at our doorstep, we cannot control natures call. We pride ourselves on our housekeeping and can fully testify to that with awards from the IASI 2012 and 2013 from which we won a golf merit.

Whitegate, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Stayed in this hotel last weekend for a friends Wedding. Met a lovely lady at reception who was chatty, helpful and very pleasant to deal with. Our room was lovely, spacious and spotless. Staff were all lovely to deal with even at 3am when I am sure they would have been happy to be going home. Food was excellent and service could not be faulted. Breakfast served on Sunday morning until 11am which was brilliant with plenty of choice and anything that was not on display staff were happy to help in getting what was wanted. A very pleasant experience and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. Just one small thing and this is something that seems to be with most hotels, the heat in the room at night was very warm, we couldn't leave a window open as it was blowing a storm and lashing rain on the night, even tho we had been blessed with a beautiful day for the wedding :-)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RaheenWdsMD, Director of Sales at Raheen Woods Hotel, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear joannoel,

Thank you so much for your thorough review which really did highlight your full visit to us here which is very important in the context of writing reviews. On behalf of the Hotel we're delighted you had an enjoyable stay and hope you will return again in the future. Thank you also for highlighting the heating which obviously for your room was too high and we will certainly examine that.

Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Excellent food, very helpful staff, spacious comfortable room.
Beautiful Spa, had a very relaxing treatment and a very helpful Therapist
Overall a very enjoyable experience, would use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Book a balcony room if possible.
1 Thank eithne h h
Dear eithne hh,

Thank you so much for your "Super Stay" review of Raheen Woods Hotel recently which is greatly appreciated. We look forward to you returning in the near future and please tell your friends about us here!

Tullamore, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed at the Raheen Woods Hotel recently and we were very dissapointed with the Hotel overall. The Room was very cold and very basic with no tissue box and soap and shampoo from a wall dispencer, I expect this from a 2 Star Hotel not a 4 Star ?? come on guys. We asked twice for heat to be put on but alas no heat was forthcoming. We had a Table booked in the Restaurant but were informed on our way in to the Restaurant that a Funeral had taken over the Restaurant and Guests were seated in a Room off the Bar ?? The Food I have to say was very good and the Staff very helpful but the Hotel overall not up to our Standards. Will not be back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RaheenWdsMD, Director of Sales at Raheen Woods Hotel, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Sean T,

Firstly, on behalf of the hotel I'd like to apologize for the heating issue on the night. We had a problem with the heating in your section of the hotel that night however there were no other complaints as it was a balmy enough evening. In relation to your room, I am not sure why there was no soap or tissues but that could have been rectified swiftly if we had received a call from you however I am not sure if you made this call when you asked for the heating to be turned on? In relation to your restaurant reservation, as you will have discovered we had a large local family funeral that same day whom are friends of the owners of Raheen Wood Hotel. It would have been inappropriate to have you in the restaurant on such an occasion as you can I'm sure appreciate, hence we reserved a table for you in our "private dining room" which is called The Snug which you access via the bar. I'm delighted however that you had an enjoyable meal and your compliments to the staff are appreciated. You do mention that the overall Hotel is not up to your standards but we are not sure if your critique merits this statement as you mention very little else!

Brian Bourke - Sales & Marketing Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Athenry
The Twelve Hotel
Clayton Hotel Galway
Clayton Hotel Galway
#11 of 46 in Galway
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,792 reviews

Been to Raheen Woods Hotel? Share your experiences!