“Great Honeymoon in Athenry !”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Raheen Woods Hotel

Raheen Woods Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Athenry
Charlo
“Great Honeymoon in Athenry !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Raheen Woods the beginning of December and we can't say enough great things about the hotel and the staff. The people are the number 1 asset of the hotel. From the front desk, the pub, the restaurant, and housekeeping, everyone made us feel very special. They were very helpful in getting us back and forth from the train station even though it's just a short walk ( if you don't have too many bags that is ) lol. We even forgot a prescription when we checked out and the hotel (Majella) tracked us down and then posted them to us in our next destination in Dublin. The food was awesome both for breakfast and for dinner. It was absolutely the best baked salmon I've ever had. Our room was spacious, quiet and very clean.

I've made many friends in Athenry over the last several years and all of them speak very highly of Raheen Woods. The question isn't "if" we'll stay at Raheen Woods again, it's "when" will we stay there again!

Thanks to all ( way too many to mention and I don't want to leave any one out ) and a very Happy Christmas from America.

Joe & Marycarol Monaghan
Charlotte, North Carolina

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joe M
RaheenWdsMD, Director of Sales at Raheen Woods Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear joe M,

Thank you so much for your lovely review and we're delighted you enjoyed your visit to Athenry. I for one remember your arrival and having been travelling for 12 + hours you were both in such great form and just delighted, I could tell, to be back in Ireland.

Wishing you both a very Happy Christmas & Peaceful New Year from all at Raheen Woods Hotel.

Brian Bourke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Polish first
Dunshaughlin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed in the Raheen Woods Hotel last Tuesday night.I found the staff friendly and helpful.One relatively small thing was that on arrival my room had no heat so I phoned reception,the receptionist replied that it would be 10 to 15 mins before this was sorted.I eventually went down to the bar as the room was too cold.After a total of 30 minutes Daniel came up to the room with me and moved me to another room.I had spent a day at a meeting and I was looking forward to a shower and a rest so my patience may not have been as it should but I remained mannerly.Apart from this poor start the Hotel was adequate and clean.The menu was ordinary in the bar with the best part of our bar food was the Chowder.The Raheen Woods Hotel is the best in Athenry and with a little bit of imagination to the menu could be a lot better.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Jerry C,

Thank you for your recent review and we have taken note of your comments and have discussed it with all heads of department.

We hope you return someday in the future.

Sincerely yours,

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Attended a function in the Raheen Woods Hotel recently & feel obliged to join trip advisor to warn others.

We had a selection of bar platters. The sandwiches were all filled with out of date mayonnaise, it was sour & tangy! Their fried chicken pieces tasted of burnt rubber - one can only assume there was an issue with the kitchens deep fryer! On the upside their cocktail sausages were delicious. Non alcoholic cocktails were enjoyable but €5 each was quite expensive!! Staff were extremely friendly & the hotel was spotless. There were no other guests around & the atmosphere was dead. We are due to return for another function soon & honestly hope that management rectify the bad food - especially breakfast!

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank jinnyjoe1
Dear jinnyjoe1,

On reading your review, we are very disappointed that you did not enjoy your time with us. But please see other past reviews where the majority tell a different story and applaud the hotel, its staff and services wholeheartedly.

If you would like to take up your grievances further please contact a manager directly and we will be happy to meet with you.

Sincerely yours,

Coatbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

We spent one night at the hotel while traveling through Ireland. The rooms are very comfortable and clean and the staff very friendly. The food is acceptable but unfortunately not really exciting, but overall good value for money.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
RaheenWdsMD, Director of Sales at Raheen Woods Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear JAMES P,

Thank you for your recent review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Please do return again and tell your friends and family.

Taking this opportunity in wishing you a very Happy Christmas!

Galway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We had our sons christening dinner here today.... we booked the purple lounge so we had our own area to ourselves . This helped alot since we had 11 children at the party... service was excellent very attentive and friendly throughout the day . We had a fantastic meal kids were served first and they headed to kardio kids downstairs to burn off energy for the evening .... menu for adults had plenty of variety beef turkey/ham salmon or cajun chicken . I had vol au vent for starters salmon for main and baileys cheesecake for dessert. All perfect and all plates were empty I think that was proof enough... happy customers...

• Stayed December 2013
Dear kittyGalway,

Thank you so much for your kind review and it was great having you back to Raheen Woods Hotel again. We are particularly delighted that couples such as you who got married here still come back and celebrate family occasions here at our hotel.

Thank you for your continued support.

Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a 1 night stay and I must say it was excellent. Staff where quick and efficient, checked into room (110) junior suite it was clean modern and well laid out. Only the tv looked out of place as it's old type. We attended a private function that evening and food was that good I nearly licked the plate clean. Same as was earlier in the bar it was very good. We did notice that res bar was closed when leaving function at around 1:30 but night porter was there to sort a few drinks for use in the huge lobby. Swimming pool next morning was a hit with the kids, they loved it. Also there's good safe under ground parking.

I would def recommend staying here but check prices online with other booking sites as great deals can be got. Dealing direct with the Hotel rooms are a bit pricey.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
RaheenWdsMD, Director of Sales at Raheen Woods Hotel, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear e36bmw,

Thank you for your review of Raheen Woods Hotel and we are delighted you enjoyed your visit.

Please do spread the word and we look forward to welcoming you back again someday!

Leuven, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Raheen Woods is a nice modern hotel which is very appealing to the eye!
Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Unfortunately I didn’t have time to try the leisure facility but I know my family members go there sometimes to swim so it can’t be bad.

There are 2 things that can improve but we need to keep in mind it is a 3* (not a 4* or 5*).1) The room walls are very thin. I was amazed how much I could hear from the room next door. I can imagine that if you have loud neighbors, you have a terrible experience. Luckily we were very fortunate and only heard them talking in the morning.
2) The breakfast menu is nice but a limited selection. In comparison with other hotels I have been to there is little choice and few “fresh” items. They do of course have the typical “hot breakfast”.

What I really enjoyed was the cocktail special, 11Euro for 2 cocktails. This was great as I don’t like beer or cider.

Nice for a 3* hotel. I would go back but would not pay more than 80Euro/room/night.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear 4animal,

Thank you for your recent review which assists us in improving our product and service and we are grateful for your feedback. I hope you had a pleasant visit to Ireland and please tell your family and friends they have a base here in Galway whenever they wish to come to the West of Ireland.

Brian Bourke
Also consider these accommodations in or near Athenry
The Twelve Hotel
Galway Bay Hotel
Galway Bay Hotel
#5 of 46 in Galway
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,874 reviews

Been to Raheen Woods Hotel? Share your experiences!