“Five star value at three star prices”
Review of Raheen Woods Hotel

Raheen Woods Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Athenry
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

We are the converted when it comes to this hotel, it is a good measure of a hotel when they maintain their high standards every time and it is done without any great fuss which is a skill in itself, if you are looking for value and relaxation you'd be hard pressed to do better, take a bow raheen woods!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Graconsarrub
RaheenWdsMD, Director of Sales at Raheen Woods Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Graconsarrub,

Thank you for your recent glowing review of our property, Raheen Woods Hotel which is very much appreciated. We try hard to provide a positive guest experience and its always nice to receive great feedback so thank you!! We are taking that bow!!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed here on Saturday 4th.

Nice hotel and do lovely lunch.

The room itself is a bit dated e.g. old square box tellies etc. Very cold in the hotel itself on the occasion we were there. I rang reception and asked how I put on heating and they said it was on a timer but they could put it on if I needed and so they did. I had to ring three times for the heating as when it would go off I would need to ring them to put it back on. While the reception staff themselves were very nice and had no problem in doing this whatsoever it was a bit of pain ringing, I felt like a bit of a pest.

Other than that it was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sineadr19

Dear Sineadr19,

Thank you for your recent review and we have discussed the issue relating to the heating and we apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay. Other than that issue we believe you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you and please do come and stay again.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I went to a wedding here and stayed the night in the hotel afterwards. It's a lovely hotel for a wedding venue. Very well set up and it looked lovely with little lanterns and everything. The reception room was lovely, loads of space. The meal was very good and as for the staff- they were so nice! They were so friendly and smiley and would do anything to help.
The hotel room was perfect- decent size, modern and warm. There is a swimming pool too but I didn't get to use it. The grounds of the hotel are very nice too.
Overall, I was very impressed with this hotel and would recommend it especially for the lovely staff!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank champkis
RaheenWdsMD, Director of Sales at Raheen Woods Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear champkis,

Firstly a very Happy New Year to you and thank you for your kind words in your review. Weddings at Raheen Woods Hotel are special and we put a lot of work into assuring that the Bride, Groom and their guests have a very memorable experience.

Thank you and please do return to us in the Fields of Athenry.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

My wife and I stayed at Raheen Woods the beginning of December and we can't say enough great things about the hotel and the staff. The people are the number 1 asset of the hotel. From the front desk, the pub, the restaurant, and housekeeping, everyone made us feel very special. They were very helpful in getting us back and forth from the train station even though it's just a short walk ( if you don't have too many bags that is ) lol. We even forgot a prescription when we checked out and the hotel (Majella) tracked us down and then posted them to us in our next destination in Dublin. The food was awesome both for breakfast and for dinner. It was absolutely the best baked salmon I've ever had. Our room was spacious, quiet and very clean.

I've made many friends in Athenry over the last several years and all of them speak very highly of Raheen Woods. The question isn't "if" we'll stay at Raheen Woods again, it's "when" will we stay there again!

Thanks to all ( way too many to mention and I don't want to leave any one out ) and a very Happy Christmas from America.

Joe & Marycarol Monaghan
Charlotte, North Carolina

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joe M
RaheenWdsMD, Director of Sales at Raheen Woods Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear joe M,

Thank you so much for your lovely review and we're delighted you enjoyed your visit to Athenry. I for one remember your arrival and having been travelling for 12 + hours you were both in such great form and just delighted, I could tell, to be back in Ireland.

Wishing you both a very Happy Christmas & Peaceful New Year from all at Raheen Woods Hotel.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed in the Raheen Woods Hotel last Tuesday night.I found the staff friendly and helpful.One relatively small thing was that on arrival my room had no heat so I phoned reception,the receptionist replied that it would be 10 to 15 mins before this was sorted.I eventually went down to the bar as the room was too cold.After a total of 30 minutes Daniel came up to the room with me and moved me to another room.I had spent a day at a meeting and I was looking forward to a shower and a rest so my patience may not have been as it should but I remained mannerly.Apart from this poor start the Hotel was adequate and clean.The menu was ordinary in the bar with the best part of our bar food was the Chowder.The Raheen Woods Hotel is the best in Athenry and with a little bit of imagination to the menu could be a lot better.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Jerry C,

Thank you for your recent review and we have taken note of your comments and have discussed it with all heads of department.

We hope you return someday in the future.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Attended a function in the Raheen Woods Hotel recently & feel obliged to join trip advisor to warn others.

We had a selection of bar platters. The sandwiches were all filled with out of date mayonnaise, it was sour & tangy! Their fried chicken pieces tasted of burnt rubber - one can only assume there was an issue with the kitchens deep fryer! On the upside their cocktail sausages were delicious. Non alcoholic cocktails were enjoyable but €5 each was quite expensive!! Staff were extremely friendly & the hotel was spotless. There were no other guests around & the atmosphere was dead. We are due to return for another function soon & honestly hope that management rectify the bad food - especially breakfast!

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank jinnyjoe1

Dear jinnyjoe1,

On reading your review, we are very disappointed that you did not enjoy your time with us. But please see other past reviews where the majority tell a different story and applaud the hotel, its staff and services wholeheartedly.

If you would like to take up your grievances further please contact a manager directly and we will be happy to meet with you.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We spent one night at the hotel while traveling through Ireland. The rooms are very comfortable and clean and the staff very friendly. The food is acceptable but unfortunately not really exciting, but overall good value for money.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
RaheenWdsMD, Director of Sales at Raheen Woods Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear JAMES P,

Thank you for your recent review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Please do return again and tell your friends and family.

Taking this opportunity in wishing you a very Happy Christmas!

Brian Bourke

Also consider these accommodations in or near Athenry
Maldron Hotel Galway
#2 of 5 in Oranmore
Meadow Court Hotel
Meadow Court Hotel
#2 of 3 in Loughrea

Been to Raheen Woods Hotel? Share your experiences!