See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I arranged for us and ten friends to spend the weekend at the slott on the champagne package. Our friends were from the UK and Sweden. We arrived on a lovely October afternoon, having driven from Malmo though the lovely Skåne countryside which was at its autumn best. As you around a sharp corner from Genarp you come across this beautiful lake with the slott on a small island, the setting is lovely!

We were all staying in the main building which was lovely and the rooms at lower level had been recentlr refurbished so offered good accommodation. We had a small suite (really a large room) which was cosy and well furnished. A huge bathroom with a freestanding bath.

The champoagne reception was a bit disappointing with all thje hotel guests sat around a large table whilst offered a short history of champagne and its making. The room was interesting with about 8 large modern murals completed by different artists. Needs to be a little more relaxed and allow guests to mingle.

We had arranged to use the small dinning room off the restaurant which was perfect for twen people so felt like a dinner party. The menu was 7 course of beautifully prepared course with local produce used throughout. With so many courses, it is good to have small portions and enjoy the varied tastes on offer. Our main course was local venison which was superb follwed by a local cheese board. The meal was slow and relaxed exactly what we wanted.

Dinner Saturday night was again 7 courses of different food with pheasant as the main course. We ordered wine by the bottle rather than the wine menu which was probably better value for us. Wine is expensive in Swedish restuarants, so people do drink beer which the hotel has a good selection.

Breakfast was excellent, typically healty Scandanavian style though with egg and bacon as well, all served with freshly made bread and juices. A great start to the day.

In the afternoon, tea and cakesw are served wich was very good as we had been out walking in the local nature reserve along the edge of the lake.

Overall a lovely weekend with excellent service from the staff who were more than helpful to assit with any request. A good place for romantic or friends weekend away from the hustle and bustle of normal life.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank MalmoFitandfun
Reviewed 16 October 2010

I, and around 18 colleagues, stayed here for 2 nights, for a three day conference. A few people stayed in the castle, most of us (including me) were in the stables. The stable rooms are well-appointed, but not super deluxe - the bed was big and comfortable, but there was no easy chair. The shower worked well, and the room had very good sound insulation. Great view over the lake (not all rooms have this)

The castle is a great place for a conference. It is very calm, and you concentrate on what you need to do. The meeting room was excellent, the AV worked.

It would be a good place for a romantic getaway except that you might be the only couple with a business party of 20 as the other guests. That might be odd. Also, the hotel has no facilities, swimming pool, that sort of thing.

The food was remarkable. I am not actually into gourmet food, but if you are, then the 6 courses we were served for dinner (foie gras, lobster, steak, veal, hake, etc) would be heaven. It was all very stylishly served, although portion size was not huge. The between session cakes etc were good as well - all home made.

The staff were informal, friendly, but effective. The woods nearby are good for a walk.

I have given 3 stars for value because I have no idea how much we paid...

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2010

I stayed at this hotel for one evening at the end of July. We were booked in to stay in the stable building rather than the main building but the room was nice enough. It had all the basic amenities you would expect. Parking was free and easily accessible. The most disappointing part of our stay was the food. We had signed up for the champagne tasting which was a fun experience but were then sat down for a dinner and were presented a pre-determined menu that left a lot to be desired. None of the courses were particularly good - and I am not a fussy eater and will try most things. Also, the portion sizes were very small. I left dinner feeling hungry and a little disappointed, considering the cost. All in all my stay was ok but I don't think I would go out of my way to spend another evening at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2010

My wife and I were surprised to find a gem like this only 30 minutes by car from Copenhagen where we live. The most romantic nature is surrounding the castle which is located on a tiny island in the middle of a forest. We actually watched a guy icefishing on the lakes just outside our beautiful suite in the ground level of the castle. In March it was a beautiful winter landscape. It must be even more impressive in the summer. We bought a package which included coffee and cakes on arrival in the afternoon, pre-donner champagne tasting and an extensive food and wine menu. We were thrilled by the service, the food and the wines. Besides us there were only two other couples on that particular Friday night but that only added to the sentiment of being treated as VIP guests. The cuisine is classical French with high amibitions. And Häckeberga does deliver more than expected by us. It didn't come at a low price but the place sets a high standard and the staff was serviceminded to a level that we experience too seldom in Copenhagen. We can only recommend this place to others who appreciate luxurious surroundings, French haute cuisine and superb service.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank Henrik Sønderga... F
Reviewed 24 October 2009

We payed for a room in the nearby "stabels", a dark blue room with a very small window and a very hard madress. The rooms were newly renovated, but to dark for my taste.
The castle was beautiful, we got coffee and tee with homebacked cakes. Very tasty. Old leather funiture everywhere gave a good atmosphere. The evening dinner was of high quality and taste.
But all in all, a very expensive experience, and had we booked a room at the castle the prices would have been even higher. But with the prices of the swedish Kronar to day, you could be able to get a bargain

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple