“I lived near here”

Tachikawa Grand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
“I lived near here”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We had a stay here in 1998 and it was lovely x Have had to say we stayed 2013 as it wouldn't go back that far. Tachikawa is a lovely location and a 30/40 min train ride to central Tokyo. The Showa park is nearby and I would recommend staying here x

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
tachikawa_grand, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Tachikawa Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Hi soozegirls_Loindon

Thanks for the great comments.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your experience and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

All the best,

Yasuhiro Sakaida

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Indonesian first
Melaka, Malaysia
Reviewed 29 December 2013

A lovely Hotel that is near the train station. Opposite there's McD! Bigger than thoses hotels in down town Tokyo. Have all that you need and perfect for biz trips. Love their reception and people always seems to help.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed here many years ago so i knew i could get from NRT to Hotel quite easily via limonsine bus (3500 Yen) which stops literally outside the hotel. Could not get a non-smoking room due to holiday season so had a smoking room but did not smell of smoking so much. You at time smell smoke from neighbouring rooms though. Free Internet and 1 shirt washed for free each day. I do not know what non-smoking rooms are like but the smoking one was little dated could do with a little updating.
In general hotel is nice and so are the staff.
For western travellers down stide is no English TV only Japanese and no western Tea or Coffee in room just green tea, thus i carry my own. Also there are many covenience stores very near hotel.
I stayed 6 days as a business traveller and would stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: Bring ones own tea and coffee (if required!!!) but lacking that many convenience stores near so do n...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JasShanghai
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

I had the need last night to stay at Tachikawa.
It is good to check their official website for on the day promos.
I got mine for 10800 yen for 2 in a semi double with breakfast.
Room was bigger than a central Tokyo mid range hotel.
Bed was firm, not squeeky. Room had robes, slippers, tea set, fridge, tv.
Bathroom had dryer, shampoo, soap, conditioner, toothbrush set, razor.
Toilet equipped with washlet. There was also a tub.
Room had wardrobe and 5 hangers.
Breakfast was really good. Nice buffet spread of breads, some ham and eggs, and more of Japanese style: salmon, natto, pickles etc. but there was steak as well.

The hotel is so near the station. It js just beside Bic Camera.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank thejetsettress
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights and would not return.

I had a single room, which was tiny (as correctly advertised by the hotel). The interior could use a refresh and upgrade. The furniture shows some wear, and I was surprised to get a physical key rather than a key card. The TV was a tiny LCD that required the purchase of a TV card to watch anything. The mattress was exceedingly hard. The carpet had been stitched back together in one place, with the end of the thread sticking up and being unpleasant to tread on.

The room was clean, though, and the location is close to the station (though most hotels in the area are). WiFi was free and reasonably reliable.

Overall, 2.5 points. Even though TripAdvisor ranked this hotel as no. 1 when I went, I found better hotels to be available at the same price.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank gumshoe7
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I use this hotel regularly when working in Tachikawa. It is extremely comfortable, very clean, and very reasonably priced. I can usually get a room for under 7000 yen per night for a single room, not including breakfasts. Japanese or western breakfasts are available. The hotel is conveniently located in the centre of the city, a few metres from the Airport Limousine Bus stop, servicing the Tokyo Narita Airport, and just a few hundred metres from the north exit of the Tachikawa train station. Free WiFi is available, although the signal can be weak depending on how far the room is from the base station. The staff are very helpful, some speak very good English. Airport Limousine Bus tickets can be purchased from reception. Note: Tachikawa is about an hour (normal train) west of Tokyo Station on the Chuo Line.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Graham H
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I visited my brother (who lived in Musashi-Sakai) in March 2011. I chose to stay in Tachikawa because it was near my brother's place, rather economical (I believe I paid less than $800 for an 8-night stay - wasn't finding that rate in more popular areas), and close enough to the Tokyo City Center, although I am used to having a similar proximity to the downtown area in my hometown so I didn't find it as much of a hinderance as others have expressed. (By the way, I had a JR Rail Pass - if you're visiting Japan for a week or two or three, please purchase this. It's valid on all JR trains, including most shinkansen.)

Tachikawa Grand Hotel is surrounded by plenty of stores and eateries. It's also approximately five minutes away from JR Tachikawa Station by foot. Takashimaya and Isetan are also nearby, as well as several other department stores. Eateries range from traditional fare to fast food. Convenience stores and pharmacies are also easily accessible.

The staff at Tachikawa Grand Hotel were always friendly and accommodating. Transactions and other inquiries can be made in English. (The staff members with whom I spoke were proficient in English - it made up for my rudimentary Japanese.)

The building itself is clean, and the lobby has a subdued elegance. (This venue is especially popular for wedding receptions.) My room, while small, was sufficient for my tastes. It wasn't terribly lavish, but then again - I didn't need much, as I would be spending plenty of time exploring. As long as I had a comfortable bed, running water, and clean facilities, I was content. (And yes, the toilet is one of those electronic "super toilets" - don't worry, it's easy to operate.)

Amenities: A set of slippers and pajamas were provided for use. The mini-fridge in the room was loaded with drinks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic, and at fairly reasonable prices. (Vending machines are aplenty in the area, as are convenience stores, so I didn't really partake, although there was a decent selection.) The television could only be used if you paid for a TV card by the elevators. (I didn't bother, but that appeared to be the standard everywhere else I went.) Coin operated laundry is on site, although there is only one washer and one dryer. (I never had an issue with long queues to use the laundry service myself, however.)

My only complaint: Internet access is available via free wifi (the concierge gives you the setup information when you check in); however, it wasn't reliable. (It did improve before my stay ended, but even that's not saying much.)

I'm glad I made the decision to stay in Tachikawa. It reminded me a lot of my hometown. The residents were all kind and welcoming, and it made it tough for me to leave. I thank the Tachikawa Grand Hotel for serving as my residence in Tachikawa. Should I return for another visit (and I hope I do), I would gladly stay at this hotel again. And to anyone who is interested in checking out Tokyo but not seeking to pay a fortune (or likes riding the train), I highly recommend staying in Tachikawa.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo