“great park”

Ranked #1 of 38 things to do in Tachikawa
Reviewed 18 June 2014

great park, large,
lovely park,
flower festival in spring is great, lots of flowers, beautiful. It is also nice during fall and summer.. There is a water park Inside which opens only in summer and it's nice and refreshing.
lake for boating as well.
the entrance fee is not expensive.
Really close to the train station..

1  Thank audrey v
There are newer reviews for Showa Kinen Park

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Showa Park is hands down the greatest park I've ever visited. There is so much stuff to do. My four and half year old daughter loves the bouncy clouds and giant hammocks. My wife loves the water park and bicycle trail. I personally love the basketball courts and disc golf course. We loved taking a pop up tent, packing a picnic, and wasting away a Saturday.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was here in summer 2014. The entrance fee is only Yen 410 The park is extremely large so make sure you remember which gate you have used to get into this place to get out later and to get a map at the ticket counter/gate. There are different spots in the park: lake for boating, water theme park, field and court to play games like football and basketball, children's playground, bonsai garden and many others. I was lucky that I had found this one area where there were flowers, a lot of them blooming and that had made my day. I guess the garden would have looked more amazing in spring.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Loved the park ,we picked up bikes from the nishi tachikawa entry which is right outside the
Station .its not only fun but convenient too that way we could do most of the places in the park
The poppies 1000's in number were certainly a treat to the eyes . Looked out of this world .
The waterfowl lake & the Japanese garden adjacent is a great spot to take a break .the
Herb garden is a quaint little place to look around .the park definitely is big & takes up most of
The day . Children too have a lot of activity & play area . It's a park for all ,the sheer expanse
Of the park is awesome ,lovely flowers all around ,this place is a must do

1  Thank Mitamanick
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I absolutely LOVED this park! Stunning is the only word that I can use to describe it. You must take the time to visit. Clean, manicured, beautiful! No regrets! Flowers were amazing!

3  Thank MelissaS2