“Steak never tasted better!”
Review of Steak House Satou

Steak House Satou
Ranked #1 of 1,972 Restaurants in Musashino
Price range: US$28 - US$47
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Good for: Romantic
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Normally, I'd have to pay $$$ for good steak but at Steak House Satou, all you need to do is fork out about 2000-2500 yen for an amazing steak meal (cooked tepanyaki style). I am not saying you get 1st grade marbled beef but you get something decent and the beef is cooked very skilfully by the chef. Be ready to queue as this is a really small place but very popular among locals.

1  Thank EJ_Heng

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Followed a friend's recommendation and tracked down this little gem of a restaurant. Tiny, modest-looking place, expect a queue (and a train ride out west of Tokyo centre) but the Matsuzaka beef was the best steak we had ever tasted. Cuts like butter, melts in the mouth. Served medium, it was tender and juicy, never tasted anything like it. You don't get very much for your 10k yen apiece, but this was a must-do on a special trip from UK. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Nancy D
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My friend took us to this small restaurant saying that this one in Musashino-shi is much cheaper than the new branch in Ginza area. We took an express train there from Shibuya area. From the train station we crossed the street and bear left and walked about two blocks via an alley way. The restaurant also own the butcher store on the ground floor and there is also a very famous fried stuffed beef balls below.

We arrived at about 12 noon and the small restaurant was already packed and people were lining up on the stairs. We waited for about 30 minutes for our tables. Turnover seems to be brisk. When we were seated, we were told the most expensive steaks were not available. I was happy with the second choice which is cheaper and one level below the top grade. The steak was buttery and soft. It was excellent! They cooked it perfectly, as I ordered medium, and served together with a small salad, Japanese rice and soup. The Japanese rice was also very good and one could asked for refill which I did.

While we were eating another line was forming down the step. There seems to be a lot of foreign tourists who ate in Satou too. It is definitely a must visit restaurant in Tokyo for the price and steak quality.

1  Thank kesilo
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Been here twice on both of my Japan trip, a rather clear evidence of my liking to this place.

The biggest initial reason is because it's near Ghibli Museum, but then the actual reason because it is delicious :)

Please do ask for the Matsuzaka beef steak set which I recall is the most expensive set on the menu, trust me it is melt in your mouth delicious :)

I also like the least expensive lunch set menu too, the Oil Yaki set (they only serve 10 sets a day), very cheap (less than 1000 yen) and delicious.

Please do come early to avoid long queue (it's not quite comfortable queueing on steep stairs), as this restaurant is very small, maybe around 12 seating capacities.

Below the restaurant is the meat shop. If you still have room in your stomach or still have time (there's always a queue), do buy their meat ball (fried minced meat which is lovely on an empty stomach).

First time back in April 2010, I went as a couple.
Second was in April 2013, we bring our toddler along. Very sweet of them to provide children's tableware set even though she was only sharing food with me.

And yes, Satou is still included for my next Japan trip in 2014 :)

1  Thank peachicato
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Actually we know about the beef ball on TV shows first then got to know about the steak house on top . We ordered both to 10K Matsuzaka Steak , the Sirloin and the fillet ..... Turst me it was the best steak i ever had , i am not really a beef nor raw person, so we ordered medium for the Fillet and med-well for the Sirloin ( i know ppl will say wasted not to eat med -well , but to me is the steak is good , even you had it Well-Done it still be good ) ... and the first bite you put the Sirloin into your mouth , u will like it , the fats of it .... its so yummy , i know 10k yen is abit too much but this is totally worth it. ( also alot of ppl said this is the consider cheap in japan itself for this ). We did not order the lower end ones which is at 2500yen so no comment on that but if you can afford ... got for the 10K sirloin !!!!

1  Thank KolaXiong