“Wonderful food, wonderful service.”
Review of The Kings Hotel

The Kings Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stokenchurch
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I don't usually write reviews but me and my wife stayed Friday and Saturday. We had the best food We've had in a while on the Friday night followed by a hearty cooked breakfast on the Saturday. We ate in the hotel again on the Saturday wonderful food again. It's worth noting the burger was amazing washed down with the best pint of Guinness I've had for years. Great friendly service also I watch the pennies and left a substantial tip I was truly impressed. As for the room, very comfortable spoke to reception as my wife is allergic to feather pillows which were swapped without hesitation. Would recommend the kings hotel without hesitation. We are already thinking about booking again and we live 3 hours away.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jo B, Manager at The Kings Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank You for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to you returning soon.

Craig P
Assistant Hotel Manager

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We had my parents Golden Wedding Anniversary family get together at the hotel (this is where they had there wedding recepition all those years ago) we had 19 people booked in the kings eating house and we couldnt fault a thing.The meal was wonderful the chef even made us a garlic mushroom starter for some of our guests which wasnt on the menu, much appreciated.The staff were all very friendly and very helpful we.wont hesitate in going there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ALISON B

Thank you for your great review Alison. We take great pride in giving our guests the best service possible and we are delighted to have been part of your parents celebrations. Please do not wait until the next celebration to return, as we would like you to visit whenever you are in the area again.
Kind Regards
Craig P
Assistant Hotel Manager

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have found the Kings to be a very friendly place to either have coffee or a meal, which is usually excellent. The staff go out of their way to ensure the food ordered is to your satisfaction and if necessary to change anything which is not. Nobody hassles you no matter how long you stay and it was a lifeline to me when my husband died three years ago. The Manageress always makes a point of coming to speak to me when she is on duty which is very much appreciated . I take my friends and family to The Kings on a regular basis knowing we will get a
warm welcome.

This review was written by my Mother who is a Stokenchurch resident

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Peter A
Jo B, Manager at The Kings Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Guest

We were so delighted to read your lovely review and appreciate you taking the time to write such great feedback. It is so nice for the staff to feel appreciated and please be assured it is our pleasure to look after you.

We look forward to your next visit soon.

Kind regards
CP, Assistant Manager

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I decided to treat my wife for a meal out on a Friday evening and after hearing good reviews from friends about this place decided to check it out for myself. I went for the pan fried chicken breast with bacon lardons, whilst my wife decided upon the salmon. The food was served relatively quickly with a professional service, and we were made to feel very welcome by the staff who ensured our glasses were kept full. The food was good with some good flavours emanating from our dishes, but perhaps not value for money as the portions were a touch on the small side. They have an excellent selection of beers accommodating for a wide variety in taste, but again the prices were a tad on the London side.

Being a sports fan, I inquired whether they were showing the six nations match as I could not see any televisions in the main bar. I was pleasantly surprised when they informed me of their own sports bar which was a very nice snug bar and what I would call a "shrine to sport". They had an excellent wide screen television, although the atmosphere in the bar was quiet to begin with. Luckily, this was short lived as the bar filled up and a really positive atmosphere for rugby was built by some friendly fellows. We were quickly welcomed by a friendly group who really showed us what a friendly village this is with their sometimes loud but very enjoyable sense of humour. It really made for a great game of rugby and a really enjoyable evening.

All in all, I will definitely be back as the food made it worthwhile, but will hopefully try and coincide it with another six nations weekend, in the hope for another really rousing atmosphere.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve O
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Just wanted to thank the staff and management at the kings for making my birthday weekend away so special. I did read few mixed reviews about the hotel however I am glad I choosed to stay at the kings. As soon as we walked in we greeted with smily faces. The restaurant staff were polite, the food was excellent. The hotel has more then 100 sky channels. The rooms are very clean with shower and bath.
Overall I will highly recommend this hotel for value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Guest

We were so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything was perfect.

We do hope to welcome you back to the Kings Hotel again soon

Kind regards

CP, Assistant Manager

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I booked my engagement party at the Kings Hotel, Stokenchurch in November 2013 for Feb 22nd 2014. I was shown around and discussed prices, rooms and menu choices with Jade, the Events Manager.
Jade was very helpful throughout the whole thing, she responded to all of my emails promptly, she was always at the end of the phone when I needed her and did everything she possibly could to make sure I was happy. Even down to the very last minute, she did what she could to help make up for guest cancellations. I would recommend anyone booking an event here to let their guests know they cannot cancel up to 14 days prior to the event, as that's when final payments are made and there are no refunds on meals if people are unable to attend. But still Jade managed to make up for the loss of the meals in alternative ways, which I am grateful for. We were given the Kings Bedroom, which was lovely and included in the price, there is a huge car park and the location is perfect as it is just off the M40.

The guest bedrooms are lovely, all decorated differently and to a very high standard. The food (we went for the basic 3 course £20 pp option) was good, there was plenty of it! All our guests commented on how full they were afterwards. Although the food was simple, it seemed to be a crowd pleaser. Drinks were reasonably priced and we were offered a slight discount on pre- ordered bottles of wine for the tables. Overall, it was a really lovely evening, it all went smoothly and everyone had an absolutely fabulous time (Which has set high expectations for our Wedding...!)
The only thing I would suggest - possibly look around for your own DJ, although the one we were recommended by the hotel was good and played the music everyone requested/liked, he did interrupt our speeches and was a tad cheesy at times. His set/display is an acquired taste, multicoloured paper effect fans, moving fish tank screens and dance offs! However, all this did add a comical effect to the evening which I can't really complain about.
I cannot thank the bar/catering staff who looked after us on the night enough for their hard work, letting us stay past the bar closing time and how attentive they were.

My Fiancé and I also attended a Valentines Meal before our engagement party here. The food was absolutely fantastic and the service was great.

Room Tip: Request the Kings Room (room 113) if you can