“breakfast and pizza”
Review of The Fleur De Lis

The Fleur De Lis
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Located in Stokenchurch, Bucks, the Fleur De Lis is a lively Village Pub on the edge of the Chiltern Hills, offering a great community feel, traditional pub food, live music, poker, bingo & quiz Nights - not forgetting the impressive presence of the Red Kites soaring high in the skies above the pub. Everyone is welcome.
Stokenchurch, United Kingdom
“breakfast and pizza”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

pizza is good and sunday dinner ok but the breakfast was so disgusting it was an indurance and i only ate 2 mouthfulls and left the rest. The jumbo sausage was the lowest grade cheap sausage i've ever had in my life but the price wasnt cheap and people dont eat that cheap type sausage and bacon anymore. Well i don't and can't! For the price I forget exactly but was about £8 possibly more i expect a cumberland with some meat content. The bread was cheap sliced too, eggs horrible. totally revolting and i live in the village. I boycoted the place ever since. For pizza and sunday dinner 3 or 4 stars breakfast -0. You couldn't pay me to eat that crap let alone mug me for £8. Advice is please avoid the breakfast at all costs. Nice staff mind you but they haven't a clue when it comes to breakfast

• Visited November 2011
5 Thank Fredy P

“Great traditional pub”
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Good traditional pub varied menu and sensibly priced with attentive service what more can you ask of a pub :)

3 Thank fazzledazzled
Exmouth
“No food on a Saturday evening!”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Sunny day (Saturday 8 September), fete/beer festival going on on the village green (immediately in front of the pub), lots of people around (including the pub being packed). Asked to have a look at the evening food menu - to be told 'we don't do food Saturday evenings'! Therefore can't say what it would have been like.
No wonder so many pubs are going to the wall if they can't see the sense in making good of every opportunity.
Went to 'The Royal Oak - Gurkha Hut', across the road - where we had fantastic service and excellent food.

Visited September 2012
8 Thank GenerationGap
Nick N, Owner at The Fleur De Lis, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Hi, We do normally do food on a Satuday evening 6 to 9.30pm, sorry you had to miss out, we organise the beer festival each year and were on the green serving beer and hog roast, which meant I could not be in the kitchen, sincere apologies
Kent, United Kingdom
“This is only my view”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Whilst staying in the area at the Kings Hotel we decided to see what food this establishment offered so went in for a drink. There was a young lad behind the bar he asked what we wanted, I asked if he could do a skinny latte and he looked blankly at me and grinned, hmm - so I asked what can he do and he said milk, sugar? Then for some reason he mentioned salt... I gave up after that and asked for a white coffee. He was gone quite a while and then bought me out a coffee with milk and sugar, went and sat down then I tasted it I was sure it tasted like instant coffee and was not nice. We noticed that all types of coffee were on the menu and when I pointed this out to him, he reaction was well the coffee machine isn't working ... so why couldn't he have said that in the first instance!!!! Sorry to say this lad was lacking customer service skills ...This was a shame his inability to communicate lost them our custom because we would have loved to eaten there that evening...

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank Magsie_10
Nick N, Owner at The Fleur De Lis, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Hi Magsie, We are sorry to hear about how we handled your coffee situation, you are correct you should have been told the coffee machine was broken at the time of your visit. All I can do is apologise for this, our usual members of staff would have been aware of this, unfortunately you visited on a day we had a member of our family helping out while we had all hands on deck doing our redecoration works. Our apologies once again.