“Always a pleasant visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rudstone Walk

Rudstone Walk
Beverley, United Kingdom
“Always a pleasant visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

I have visited Rudstone Walk many times as I offer wedding dance lessons for couples getting married at the venue. Every time I have visited I have received a warm welcome from reception who have been extremely helpful during dance rehearsals for the bride and groom. I would highly recommend Rudstone Walk as a wedding venue for the beautiful location, excellent quality and friendly staff!

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

We had our wedding reception at Rudstone walk earlier this year and had a fantastic time, our guests all commented on how lovely everything was and how beautiful the surrounding views were. We found all of the staff to be friendly and helpful and we had a quick response with any questions we had. We stayed overnight and found the room to be clean and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I had booked this some time back on the strength of reviews. Walking on the Yorkshire Wolds Way I arrived in South Cave and asked the way to Rudstone Walk. Then I realised I had another 2 mile walk (uphill) to get to it. Entirely my own fault of course and the lady at reception said I should have called them and they would have picked me up, but hey, it was a walking holiday after all.

However as soon as I saw the room and discovered it had a bath to soak the pain away I was happy. I think they are converted stables and the room was very pleasant and clean. Breakfast was particularly good. However unless you have a car you are stuck there. There is a restaurant next door which at first I assumed was part of the complex, but both parties went to some lengths to claim independence.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and went to some trouble to show me how to pick up the path the next day.

Highly recommended

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank John E
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

The staff at Rudstone Walk are all friendly and helpful. The room was really nice and the breakfast excellent, my only complaint would be the shower, which was rubbish, cramped and difficult to use without holding it or soaking the bathroom.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Market Weighton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Having booked for our own 'Wedding Night' to stay here (booking made around three months in advance.) I received a phone call at 3pm the day before my Wedding to say they could no longer accommodate us. Some excuse was made about the boiler being broken but as there were over 24hrs remaining I'm sure a plumber could have been arranged in this time ( it was also interesting to notes the guests for a wedding they held that weekend would also have been arriving around this time... (Double Booking I Suspect).
The receptionist was left to deal with me and despite asking to speak to the manager no one ever called me back. Instead I was left to accept the alternative accommodation they had found me (another twenty minutes drive on top of the ten already encountered and a separate taxi booking needed which they refused to even consider paying for despite my asking. They offered to refund the difference in price for accommodation but then when I wrote to them three weeks afterwards registering my complaints and asking for the promised compensation ( which was a tiny amount but just the principal) no reply to my Email was ever received.

Overall, if that is how they treat guests on their own wedding night, why would anyone stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Uni4mx
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

We had a very pleasant stay at this lovely hotel. The chalet type room was clean and large with a lovely comfortable kingsize bed, with a good size bathrooom and small kitchenette if we had needed it. The receptionist was very helpful and breakfast was all we could ask for, cooked fresh and hot to order.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Sussex, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

We needed somewhere to stay in this area that would allow us to bring our dog. This hotel was advertised as dog friendly, and so we booked. I am glad that we did. The Hotel is outside the village on fairly high land, and so you get a very good view over the surrounding countryside.

The room was part of a single story building, overlooking a garden. The bedroom was spacious, and with the added bonus of a kitchen. This proved very helpful, as with our dog, it would have been difficult to find a restaurant (although there is one on site). The bedroom had a table big enough for the two of us to eat at. The bathroom (well, shower room) was perfectly adequate.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, and brought our full english breakfast to our door, as, again, it would have been difficult to eat in the breakfast room with our dog.

At the back of the hotel were fields where we could let the dog off the lead and get his exercise.

So, comfortable, friendly and with the bonus of a kitchen. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Elstonian
RudstoneWalk, Reception at Rudstone Walk, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Hello, and thank you so much for your lovely review! Like you, we believe we offer great value for money for a relaxing break in the countryside and so much to do in East Yorkshire and beyond.
We love welcoming all guests including the four legged variety!
We look forward to seeing you soon on your travels. Kind Regards, Gilly
Hallmark Hotel Hull
#1 of 1 in North Ferriby
BEST WESTERN Willerby Manor Hotel
Redcliffe House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Rudstone Walk? Share your experiences!