“The Glasshouse is better than home!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tahlequah
The Mary Geasland Guest House
Ranked #3 of 5 Tahlequah B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“The Glasshouse is better than home!”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

We spent only one night & wished it had been longer. Had no idea we would enjoy it so much. Separate rooms, comfy beds, recliner seats, nice TVs, and fantastic breakfasts...and all at a better than reasonable price. Most of all, Mary was welcoming, responsive, friendly & helpful. Such a gem of a b & b. Thank you, Mary.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank curwin
MaryGeasland, Owner at The Mary Geasland Guest House, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Your comment in our B&B Guest Book where you changed Guesthouse to "Guest HOME" was a fine compliment.
And, yes the two Power recliners have turned out to be very popular. Also, I do make breakfast tailored to what a guest wants. Thank you for being so complimentary about your breakfast tray that was delivered to the Glasshouse and served at your table there.
Do come again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Coming from Dubai, the Mary Geasland Guest House is quite a distant destination, but nothing could be a more welcoming site after 20+ hours of traveling than the large, comfy bed, fresh sheets, and the jacuzzi. On each visit, there is ALWAYS something new and special. Sometimes it's a new flavor of homemade muffin; sometimes it's aromatic bath salts or fresh flowers in the bedroom.

I've brought a wide variety of friends and family to the Guest House, and I've never had a disappointment. The owner Mary has a unique talent for making EVERYONE feel welcome. Over the years, she has accommodated for university friends, boyfriends, family, and most recently, my 3 month old nephew. My brother and sister-in-law found a night at the Guest House to be the perfect wedding gift.

It takes a special person to be able to adjust to each and every persons unique needs, whether they be late night studying, attending an early morning conference, getting together for the holidays, sightseeing, or even going to a funeral. Simply put, she knows how to make strangers feel "at home."

Note: Book ahead of time, as she is often booked months, even up to a year in advance.

Room Tip: Book ahead of time, as she is often booked months, even up to a year in advance.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Zannlyn
MaryGeasland, Owner at The Mary Geasland Guest House, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
As owner and manager of The Mary Geasland Guest House, I want to thank you for your detailed review. We were excited to have you return to the B&B and hope to see you the next time your are in our part of the country. We do have foreign guests but Dubai, UAE is by far the the greatest distance a guest has traveled to see us. Come see us again!
Wichita Kansas
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Just our phone call to Mary about our reservation convinced us we were going to love her hospitality. Talking to her was like talking to a best friend. Once we arrived, our stay in the Apartment, was everything we aniticipated. Comfy bed, cozy setting, incredible muffins -- our room was great. Because of our late arrival, we didn't get to meet Mary until the next morning. She was even more fun in real life than on the phone!

Mary injects whimsey into her rooms. Without giving away the unexpected humor in our room, I'll just say it involved toothpaste. You'll have to enjoy a stay with her to find out. Mary even let us store some frozen Alaskan wild salmon filets in her freezer. So accommodating and friendly. We will stay there again.

Room Tip: The Apartment is good for a single or couple. No shower, but it has the cutest little clawfoot tub...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SporadicTrekkers
MaryGeasland, Owner at The Mary Geasland Guest House, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
As owner and operator of The Mary Geasland Guest House/B&B I have enjoyed may guests since 1991 and YOU two are on that list. You were a delight to have here. I'm anxious for your return visit and perhaps then I can accommodate you in the Glasshouse. How WAS that Alaskan Salmon?
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 8 February 2014

From the wonderful accomodations, to the peaceful setting, to the gracious hospitality; THIS is a vacation spot of comfort and relaxation among the very best. I stayed in the guest house and had plenty of room, quiet, relaxation and bliss. Definitely the place to stay in Tahlequah! It's a college town so there are plenty of great shops and small privately owned restaurants to satisfy your tastes AND they're nearby! Highly recommend The Mary Geasland Guest House.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Gerald H
MaryGeasland, Owner at The Mary Geasland Guest House, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Didn't I say that you put the Glasshouse to the test when temperatures dropped to 6 degrees? That's good that you were still warm and comfortable. So, summer visitors now know to try a winter vacation in Tahlequah, OK. Thank you also for mentioning that we are downtown. The Mary Geasland Guest House/B&B is only 1 1/2 blocks west of Muskogee Avenue, Tahlequah's main street. Thank you so much for being a gracious guest.
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Walking distance to several great restaurants great host. Always friendly. Large comfortable beds. Large screen tvs I have stayed there off and on for 5 years Mary is a pleasure to talk with and knows all about the early history of tahlequah

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Banjoman12
MaryGeasland, Owner at The Mary Geasland Guest House, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you so much for your guest comments. Many times, I have said that we are situated in a quiet residential neighborhood only 1 1/2 blocks west of Muskogee Avenue. You, however, made that fact sound convincing (after your many years of staying here). I look forward to having you and your lovely wife return to The Mary Geasland Guest House/B&B in late February.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stayed in The Apartment, which is a lovely studio above The Glasshouse. I was comfortable and happy the whole time. :) Everything is plush and cozy, and Mary is a great host -- strikes just the right balance: she's generous and helpful (and fun to talk to), but doesn't over-dote on her guests. Plenty of privacy. Delicious breakfasts. I'd recommend Mary's place wholeheartedly!

Room Tip: For anyone looking for a place where you can prepare meals for yourself, The Apartment won't suf...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sam B
MaryGeasland, Owner at The Mary Geasland Guest House, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Thank you Sam! I appreciate your comments, "comfortable and happy", because you experienced ice, show, and low temperatures. That was truly a test for comfort in my precious little apartment. The Apartment has been home to my brother, my two sisters and even for Bill and me during our first 3 months of marriage. A little old Indian woman once said to my mother that she had a "Weaning House". And it has been. The Apartment has had several lives and now I am happy to say that it has never been more comfortable nor more beautiful than as my B&B.
NLR
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed here Christmas Eve night and it was a wonderful and beautiful little place. Tahlequah's best kept secret! Mary greeted us with freshly made muffins, hot chocolate, tea, coffee, water, juice and fruit and was the ultimate hostess. It was like coming home! We stayed in The Apartment and it was so cozy and comfortable - not to mention very clean! The memory foam mattress on the bed was so comfortable that we slept past our alarm! As we were leaving we were already making plans to come back. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Tahlequah except Mary Geasland's Bed and Breakfast! I PROMISE you will not be disappointed. Would make a wonderful get away for locals as well. Such a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere and we were awakened by bird song the next morning.

Room Tip: Any room you choose at this location will be perfect.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
I remember how excited you were to spend Christmas Eve here. My hope is that you can return and enjoy the beauty of other seasons as well. The Mary Geasland Guest House is open all year 'round. Another winter visit could work. . .today we heave Fresh Apple Cinnamon Muffins and Banana Walnut Muffins. Thank you so much for your B&B TripAdvisor comments.