Chateau de Grande Romaine
US$99
US$97
US$62
US$60
B&B Hotel Pontault-Combault(Pontault Combault)
US$68
US$66
US$58
Hotels.com
Campanile Brie Comte Robert(Brie-Comte-Robert)
US$67
US$64
Agoda.com
B&B Hotel La Queue en Brie(La Queue-en-Brie)
US$65
Agoda.com
US$85
  • Restaurant
Fasthotel Brie-Comte-Robert(Brie-Comte-Robert)
Au Pavillon Bleu(Ozoir-la-Ferriere)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I recently went on a school trip to Paris and this is where our school had booked us to stay. Honestly, the biggest mistake I made was reading these reviews! I suffer from really bad homesickness and looking at these reviews made me want to back out of the entire trip. However, I managed to go and was completely shocked! It honestly isnt as bad as everyone made out, and I couldnt see what all the fuss was about. Yeah, its not 5*, but honestly who would expect that? The rooms were clean and weren't too crowded - there was a chest of drawers and wardrobes so you had plently of room. I went in the middle of December and I was more hot than I was cold! We stayed in the block called 'Seine' which backed on to another building and the outdoor light reflected off it, so it was really bright so just be away of that. The night time meals werent great but they were'nt inedible (I am quite a fussy eater), but the breakfast and sandwiches were really nice, my whole school marveled about the hot chocolate. They created great activities and keep you super busy so you have no time to think about home. We didn't use the facilities such as cinema room, basketball court, pool etc. but they looked great for when you have some free time. Its now a month later and I actually miss it- it was so much fun and a once in a lifetime opportunity so if you have any doubts just go for it because its really good and great just to hang out with friends- I cant stress enough about how rubbish these reviews made me feel but I can honestly say that it was a thousand times better than I expected and there were no rats or blood on the sheets;) Have a great time!

Room Tip: Make sure you have roommates that you get along with:)
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank imo21
PGL_Admin, Manager at Chateau de Grande Romaine, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such lovely feedback.

I’m a really glad to hear that despite your concerns prior to the trip, you overcame your homesickness and enjoyed your time at Chateau de Grande Romaine.

We have taken yours and other customers comments about the outdoor lighting on board and have moved the curtain rails to ensure that the bedrooms have maximum darkness during the night time.

I think your review will go a long way to inspire other future guests to ‘go for it’.

I hope you will return to the Chateau again soon.

Kind regards,

Christophe Verhaeghe

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I travelled here with my school last February (but have only just managed to write a review a year later!) on a trip. Myself and 3 others were put into a room that catered for 8, so all began well. When we first arrived, we were all rather shocked as we expected the grand house that was previously shown in other pictures. Coming from someone who usually goes to nice hotels, this was hell.. It was bitterly cold at night, despite having huge radiators in our room!
It really is rather funny, because the teachers were put in luxury rooms with corner baths and beverage making facilities, whilst they stuck us in cattle class with mouldy sinks and blood stained sheets! The staff were fairly helpful with a great knowledge on Paris itself and the local town, which was helpful.
We all had to share 1 socket, which was pretty difficult with us all having mobile phones and iPads. There was no wifi, not tea/coffee making facilities or any sign of class to be seen...
The food was rather ghastly too! I'm not a fussy eater, but I had to live on croissants, jam and tea that I had brought with me (along with my own kettle).
When we first entered the room, the first thing we decided to do was unpack and have a rest from our long journey from Birmingham. We began to unpack our toiletries in the washroom only to be met by green mould and a broken sink.. Not to mention the hairs, OH LORD THE HAIRS! There were no towels provided either. Luckily I brought one of my own (thinking they would've provided them, I had to use the same towel for four days!!)
If a bit of money was spent on the place to make it a little more comfortable, It would be a bearable place to stay. It wasn't until the end of the week that I noticed the blood stains on my bedsheets, else I would've demanded new ones as soon as I entered the room. My friend even took lemon wipes to give the room a wipe over.. My other friend, (who was in another room) simply sat on her bed and it caved in! To keep warm at night, I even had to steal some sheets from the beds that we uninhabited in our room...

All I can say is; If you don't mind filth, bad smells, rubbish food and a cold room, this is the place for you!

Room Tip: Stay outside.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bradley A
PGL_Admin, Manager at Chateau de Grande Romaine, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We value all customer feedback as it allows us to continually assess and improve our guests’ experience whilst on centre.

I am sorry to hear that the accommodation and food did not meet your expectations. At Château de Grande Romaine, our aim is to provide clean, comfortable accommodation which offers value for money to school and youth groups. Unfortunately we do not provide guest towels, but this is made clear in the promotional material that is sent to the teachers/group leaders when they make a PGL booking. We offer all guests a daily housekeeping service whereby toilets and bathrooms are cleaned and bins are emptied, but we do not change bed linen. I agree that finding unwanted stains on your bed linen is unacceptable and for this please let us apologise. If you had discovered this sooner in your stay, our staff would have immediately provided you with clean bedding.

You have not gone into detail about the issues with the catering, but please let me reassure you that we can cater to a wide range of dietary needs and always strive to provide a range of healthy, nutritious meal options for all of our guests.

Since your visit last year I’m pleased to say that we have invested in a number of improvements to the accommodation and communal areas, including the en-suite bathrooms. There is an ongoing programme of redecoration at the Chateau, many aspects being directly implemented as a result of customer feedback. As an example, we have increased the number of electric sockets in rooms with the new sockets including UK style sockets, as well as USB charging ports.

At PGL we have strict child protection and safeguarding policies, which are designed to protect all under 18s that visit our centres. This is the reason why Wi-fi access is only available to accompanying adults.

I am glad that you found our staff to be knowledgeable about the local area. Many of our staff return season after season, which means there is always someone on hand to answer those more tricky Paris-related questions.

Once again, I thank you for your comments and hope you will come back to and see all the improvements at Chateau de Grande Romaine.

Christophe Verhaeghe

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I have to admit that previous negative reviews about the place made me worry before our 2 weeks trip to Paris and our stay at the chateau, but honestly the place was awesome and the staff were helpful. I had been to other summer camps, but PGL offers nice service and all our students had so much fun.
I'd like to thank everyone there especially Katie who accompanied our group most of the time.
An advice: This place is not to be compared with the rest of the hotels, it is different, you can stay there and enjoy playing games and planned activities not just a place to sleep. The place itself is part of the fun.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank sgsad
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I'm not going to lie, after reading the reviews about this place I was a by worried about going (we were going with the school so I didn't know what the place was going to be like) . Anyway when we finally got there, I was concerned. We pulled in and there was a grey building with plants growing up the outside of it. I was wondering what I had got myself into. when we were getting allocated my rooms we had already been told that we needed to be in fours, but there was myself and 6 other friends. We were all left till last to be allocated our rooms. four of my friends were given a room and three of us were left. There were no more rooms left but the guy (I can't remember his name) he went to his boss and got us a room along the same corridor as the rest of our school. We went into the room and I was so pleased, it was nothing like the reviews. Yes patches of the carpets were worn down and there was graffiti under the beds but what more can you expect from a hotel which caters mainly for schools! On the first night the food wasn't so good, but wasn't inedible and there is also a salad bar every night, which includes pasta and rice, so you won't starve. The activity on the first night was really good and allowed us to get to.know staff and mix with others from our school. They got everybody involved. Over the days we got to.know the place and the staff alot better. the staff were.so fun and if there was.anything you needed they would try their best to do it. On the second night of being there me and my two friends were.kept awake all night because of the school above us playing music until around 3 o clock in the morning, the next morning we went and complained right away and it never happened again.n.a. couple more problems with our room was that pur window could close so we our teacher completely shut it for us and we couldn't open it and on night the shower head exploded and the door fell off (because we knocked it) but the next day it was sorted again. The bunk beds are just two beds together and my friend said hers was a bit wobbly and the boys broke one of theirs but all the rest of ours were completely fine!

The sandwiches you.make for your lunches are really nice, and I'm quite fussy about those things the food on an evening got better and the breakfast was okay. The canteen was open all the time so you could go in and get drinks.

The entertainment on a night was okay, the swimming pool was so nice and the activities on a day were fun, I did archery, abseiling, team challenge and the trapeze, the leaders tried to get everyone involved but if you don't want to do it you won't be forced. The bus trips to and around paris were made enjoyable because the Pgl staff were constantly joking on with people.

so all in all, go with an open mind don't listen to all the reviews because they are all over exaggerated and written by kids expecting a 5*hotel. Make your own mind up about the place.

I've been back a few.months now and I've payed to go again in September with the same people people and I'm fussy about hotels! Most of the time you are put anyway so don't stress! Like I said I'm going back so don't let all the reviews put you off

Room Tip: As long as your with your friends you will be fine and have fun :) The rooms are big enough for three or four. Do not knock the shower doors or mirror but that's just common sense (y)
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank fayeswinney
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Honestly? This place really isn't that bad compared to the reviews people have given it-
The shower was quite mouldy,but it was clean;there were attempts by staff to try and sort this problem by cleaning it although it didn't work. the shower curtain was disgusting to be fair,but we just pushed it to the side and didn't use it
The bedding is clean,the mattress is like a hospital mattress,but a sponge-really not bad,not luxury comfort but I slept very well!
There was a wardrobe in our room which was perfectly nice and about three bedside tables which were clean and able to use
The carpet in areas was a little mouldy/grimy,elsewhere it was just worn out,but it was relatively clean
The walls and ceilings had a few stains on,but nothing utterly disgusting
We were given a little hand towel which we had to use for a bathmat and this was kindly changed everyday
Overall the stay wasn't bad,if I had the choice between a premier inn or something,or staying here..I would probably choose premier inn,but it really wasn't too bad
The staff were incredible&lovely-made you feel so welcome and tried to entertain to the best of their abilities everyday-the food was okay,nothing luxury which is understandable but breakfast was really good,meals times there was a little selection..difference of days really;it was okay!
(I was on a school trip and stayed in the block that wasn't called seine..can't remember what you called it!)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends