“PGL = Best kids holiday ever!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lesigny
Chateau de Grande Romaine
Bedford, United Kingdom
“PGL = Best kids holiday ever!”
Reviewed 7 September 2008

This PGL Holiday was really really good, sure everyone says stuff about the room being a bit shabby, but you are having so much fun at PGL that you hardly notice the little (and I mean tiny) problems with your room. (such as two sockets being hidden by the air-vent ledge or no hair-dryer - but honestly, who needs more than three plugs while at PGL? Esp. if you have your own hairdryer as most girls do) The staff at the site are really friendly and they do try their hardest to make you laugh at the talent shows etc. This is my third year with PGL and I will be going back to Chateau de Grande Romaine next year to meet up with all of the cool people I met up with. (Oh, and don't forget that it has the tallest zip-wire in Europe, and it's great!!!)
By: One Very Very Satisfied PGL user

• Liked — The fact that night duty are just outside your room.
  • Disliked — The fact that the fire alarms are situated right in your bedroom - but that's a good thing (in a way)!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
7 Thank BurntLime

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
North-West England
Reviewed 28 July 2008

I stayed here visiting friends in April 08 and am pleased to say my stay was not like the reviews below.
The chateau itself is where the main activities take place and is equipped with a sauna, bar, internet access and dining area. The food was not restaurant quality but you are not paying restaurant prices so you get what you pay for! It is edible and tasty and with a fully stocked salad bar you are never short of options.
The rooms are situated in 2 blocks. In "Marne" the rooms are larger and have more beds - I stayed here and had a luxurious 8 bedded room between just the 2 of us which meant we had loads of space - I can see it would be cramped with more people but don't forget these rooms are designed to sleep children.
"Seine" block has smaller rooms with 4 children or 2 adults to a room and tend to be newer so more recently repainted etc.
Overall I had a fantastic stay and would highly recommened Chateau de Grande Romaine for anyone who wants brilliant activities, friendly young staff and a decent place to rest your head!

• Liked — The friendly staff and on-site facilities
  • Disliked — The rooms (if more people had been in them)
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank JSP25
England
Reviewed 15 July 2008

I was excited to go to this chateau because on the pictures it looks a really nice place and with a 3 star rating i thought it would be pritty decent, shame it wasn't.

Let's start with the service. The PGL staff were inexpercienced and didn't prepare well for meetings and activities. This for me wasn't acceptable because me and my fellow peers payed a large amount of money to stay at this place and
I don't feel that the money we payed deserved what we got to be quite honest.

The food also wasn't up to standards. On a couple of occasions the so called hot food was cold. The meat was tasteless and undercooked on a few occasions and don't even get me started on the packed sandwiches. I must add that the milk used for cold breakfast was thick and lumpy.

The rooms were okay, nothing special but I didnt excatly expect a plasma tv and a mini fridge.Haha. The beds were reasonably comfy. I found that the shower was one of the highlights of the chateau because it was always nice and warm and very powerful. Toilet was small and found it hard to squeze into beacause of the lack of space.

I must applaud the activities though. Abseiling, rock climbing, archery, football were all great fun. I was impressed with the facilities.

In conclusion, I would not recommend this chateau because of the amount of money PGL charge and the amount you get back is just not acceptable.

• Liked — activities
  • Disliked — staff and food
  • Stayed July 2008
1 Thank T L

Travellers are raving about these Lesigny hotels

Fareham
Reviewed 10 June 2008

I went to the Chateau with my school in june 2008 so i wanted to get an idea of what i was getiing myself in for thats why i came on here to see what they said.

The review i found said that the place was horrible and tacky with mould everywhere, so i went off thinking i was going to stay in a pigs sty. When i got there we saw a big beautiful building but thats where the chill out room and canteen is. we stayed in a different building it looked horrible from the out side bubt on the inside it was rather nice.

Rooms
Our rooms were really nice we had lilac walls and bed sheets and 2 bunk beds either side of the room. The beds were comfy but i needed another people as i sleep with two and they only provide you with one. The window situation annoyed me a bit as you can only open them a little bit just incase you fall or decide to jump out. The rooms were a reasonable size and have a desk and a mirro and plug socets so i was happy that i could still use my hair straitners.

Bathrooms
The bathrooms are nice. We walked in and there was a massive mirro on our right on the left was a seperate room which had the toilet in it was quiet small but you dont need a big room for just a loo, at least that ment in the morning someone could be on the toilet while some one was doing there make up in the big mirro. Our shower was rather big it had the shower bit then another bit to put towls and stuff. The shower wasn't a power shower but it was probably just as good better than my shower anyway. They had a wooden create thing on the floor you stand on when you get out the shower so you dont have to stand on wet floor or make it slippery.

The food was alrite i guess not the best i have to admitt but it was edable.
Monday- Fish&Chips Chips were nice fish tasted a bit funny.
Tuesday-Chicken Curry - i like this it was the nicest thing the had all week.
Wednesday-BBQ- When i heard we were going to have a BBQ i was really exited but the meat wasnt cooked properly. sausages and burgers were pink and the bacon was just covered in fat and grease. the rolls were nice though.
Thursday- Chicken and rice/Rabbit and rice and SNAILS! - I had chicken but i didnt like the rice i also had 2 snails i recomend them to people who like garlic and dont mind eating squidgy things.

Evening activites.
The first night we did a fashion show but where we had a 12 hour drive there that day no one was in the mood for it.
On tuesday we did a quiz and boat race. we had to answer questions and the more questions we got right the more equipment we had to build our boat at the end. we had to build a boat to hold a block. My group won some chocolate.
Wednesday i dont no what they did i was asleep but i think they done out door activities like stuck in the mud.
Thursday we played out door games e/g football rounders and bib wrestling.

Overall i like my stayed at the chateau i dont know weather i would go there for an activity camp corse but i would recomend it for schools.

• Liked — The fact they had a pool
  • Disliked — the evening activities
  • Stayed June 2008
5 Thank NayNay16
UK
Reviewed 14 July 2007

I went to the Chateau with my school at the start of july. The activities were ok but the rooms and food were not. The pictures on the wesite are very misleading as they only take a picture of one of the buildings. There are rooms in there but most are in other buildings. You are made to think you are going to be staying in the really nice place, but really you might be staying in the other building which dont look as welcoming.

The Bathrooms.
The bathrooms did not look as if they had been cleaned since the 90's and the walls were covered in cobwebs and stains. The shower was full of mould.

The rooms.
The rooms were ok but there were cobwebs there too. The carpets were stained but that wasnt that bad.

The food.
The food was ok on some days not on others. One night we had mash potato. It was like dough. You could pick all of it up by just sticking you fork in. The chips and the chicken curry was nice but i didn't think the others were that nice.

• Liked — The beds were comfy
  • Disliked — The state of the bathroom
  • Stayed July 2007
10 Thank lala-lizy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lesigny
Hotel Abbaye du Golf Espaces Vocation
Au Pavillon Bleu
Au Pavillon Bleu
#1 of 1 in Ozoir-la-Ferriere
B&B Hotel Pontault-Combault
B&B Hotel Pontault-Combault
#2 of 3 in Pontault Combault
Ibis Budget Marne la Vallee Pontault Combault
Ibis Budget Marne la Vallee Pont...
#1 of 3 in Pontault Combault
Chateau de Marechal de Saxe
Paxton Resort & Spa
Paxton Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Ferrieres-en-Brie

Been to Chateau de Grande Romaine? Share your experiences!