“Will stay again!!!”

Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Airport Dreieich
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Dreieich
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hotel is in a great location, restaurant is nice and rooms are very clean. But it's the incredible staff that makes this the perfect hotel. The front desk staff is extremely attentive. Full breakfast with no waiting. Grounds are also perfect for meetings as outbuilding and staff make for a very nice setting.
The entire staff make my trip so memorable that I cannot wait to return!

2  Thank Lynda M

Reviewed 13 July 2014

1  Thank Lynda M
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel is perfectly located if you want to be close to the airport yet avoid the usual airport hotels. While the decor is somewhat tired and on a simple side, rooms are huge and setting is quite pleasant and very quiet. There is little if any service, hotel restaurant was closed the night I was there, ditto for room service. no delivery service offered and getting into your car to get a meal is probably the last thing you need as you are in between flights or just waiting to take of the following morning as I did.
Pity, as this would otherwise be my choice at Frankfurt airport.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Note: this review is for the suite, usually when you upgrade to a suite you get a slightly larger room with a sofa, in this case you got a one bedroom apartment (less kitchen) just about the biggest hotel room I've seen. You also get two balconies and chairs.

Also the bedroom had a separate A/C unit

Both TVs have hdmi outs so you can hook up a computer or ipad

Pillows, I’d give it a five star rating just for the pillows alone, first German hotel I've stayed at that had decent foam pillows, standard are feather pillows that fluff into nothingness, I hate German pillows!!!!!

Negatives

As others have mentioned you do notice the decor is a bit dated (sauna and steam bath are showing there age)

Also no real English channels

Little bit off the beaten path.

Bottom line is We are in Frankfurt on a regular basis and will inly stay here.

We stayed in room 301

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed here on our last day of vacations before boarding home the next day.
Went there because of the price and for what I´ve spend there I cannot say the hotel is bad.
Staff were good and courteous so no complaints here. The room was a bit like a room from the 70´s, but was clean.
Breakfast, as always on Accor´s chain, paid. I thought it was a good breakfast, overpriced yes I think, but good.
The thing that bothered us was that they allow smoke on the bar. That is really out of place I think in these days. They should at least have a separate area. That was really the negative of this place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I have to stay here on a regular basis as its close to my office. My last visit was very disappointing. The free WiFi did not work on the first night, I know its free but you still need good internet access. On the second morning there was no hot water at all.....a cold shower is not the best start to the day. Also the breakfast which costs 18 euros was very poor as they had no fresh rolls just some stale bread and most of the other items were not replenished. Later I heard that my colleagues complaints led to a reduction in the bill but sadly despite being a regular guest this did not apply to me. I will have to look elsewhere to stay if this poor service continues.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This was an overnight business stay. Check in was easy and I was very pleasantly surprised at the size of the room which was vast. The lounge area had to be 50 square metres and had a coffee machine, music player, nice sofa, TV, dining table with 4 chairs, mini bar, sideboard and a private balcony with an air conditioner and table and chairs. The hallway had a wardrobe and plenty of hanging space plus a safe and usual sundries. The bathroom was very clean with sufficient space to put all of your toiletries out. It also has a hairdryer and shaving mirror with electric socket. The bedroom was another big room with TV, double wardrobe, table with chair and another separate balcony. My room also had a bathrobe and slippers - nice touch. I don't know if I was just lucky or not but this room was quite wonderful. I am an Accor hotel member so maybe that helped? I don't really know. I went to the restaurant which was surprisingly empty so I got great service from the waiter. The food was hot and tasty and chef was very generous with his portions! I had breakfast in my room and that was delivered nice and hot - not something that most hotels seem to get right.
My only criticism was that the pillows didn't suit me as they were too small and soft plus the bed was at least queen size but only 2 single duvets were supplied. It suits some but not for me.
Overall, this was an enjoyable stay with great staff and good food. I would definitely recommend it for business as it is close to the airport - around 15 minutes and €25 taxi fare.

Room Tip: 201 is an enormous suite with a huge lounge area with a balcony. The bedroom is similarly big also w...