“Tearoom treasure”

Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Hayfield
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Called in by chance yesterday. Pot of proper quality leaf tea to their own blend with at least 3 good cups then added hot water and got 2 more! The toasted sandwich was melt in the mouth delicious and the scone jam and cream divine. The staff were friendly, engaging and extremely welcoming. Prices amazingly good value. Feel like I've found a little gem. Don't tell everyone though because it's not very big and I don't want to find it full when I go back, so no room for me :-)

2  Thank sallymosleyguide

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I order take-outs regularly and the food always taste fab - especially the deliciously moist carrot cake.

1  Thank Redsnapper09
Reviewed 30 April 2014

On our visit today to roses cafe. They were very busy and the lovely lady serving was apologising for the delay in service which was fine. I heard a loud crash the someone swearing loudly from the lady who owns this cafe I had my 6 year old daughter with me and i was discusted with that. Then she walked into the back of the cafe with a stern face. Her husband walked in and took over. The poor lady who was serving was stuck right in the middle of these two people obviously having a bad day. Im surprised they have any staff with that behaviour and as a local i will not be going again.

2  Thank nickysmith2013
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We walked by this place on a Monday and were disappointed to find it closed; delighted that on the following day we were passing in time for cofffee so were able to pop in.
It was just buzzing, great atmosphere, friendly staff and clearly popular with the locals.
A lovely array of baked goods on offer and a wide variety of hot drinks to choose from. The soup of the day was Parsnip and Fennel - most imaginative!
Would highly recommend this gem.

1  Thank Marsy1954
Reviewed 22 October 2013

A great little cafe in the heart of Hayfield, ideal for the hungry cyclist, hiker or day tripper. Good value for money food cooked to order in a cosy and friendly environment. Start your day with breakfast, walk the hills and return for afternoon tea.
Would highly reccomend to all, I always make this a port of call whenever I'm cycling in and around the Hayfield area.