“Do not miss this one”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Full of charm in this gem of a Peak District village the Skillet is a delightful restaurant. It was a mid week evening when three of us visited. We booked in advance which is only fair so the staff have an idea of how many to cater for each day. It was very quiet, but warm on a winter evening. The menu was excellent and the food was really good and well presented at a very reasonable price. The owner Chef came and spoke to us. All in all, it felt like a special night out and I would not hesitate to recommend anyone visits this restaurant to sample the delights.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Went with my wife and Mother for an excellent and well priced Sunday Lunch.
Really good choice on the menu and very friendly service from Mia the waitress and the Proprietor / Chef, who was very attentive to our needs.
We looked at the Evening Dinner menu and again a great choice and very reasonale fixed price.
We will certainly go back when we are next in te area.
Nice surroundings.
you can park on the New Mills side of the bypass and the crossing brings you straight to the Skillet. Thank you for a lovely experience.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Excellent meal, keenly priced and a really personal service so rarely seen these days.

If you are looking for4 a good meal in the area at affordable prices look no further.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I chose the Skillet to hold my best friends hen party in and I couldn't have chosen a better place. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, the price of the food was unbelievable for the quality, the taste and the amount they gave us.
There was a flower display made for the table which gave it a fantastic finishing touch.
Thanks so much for having us. I couldn't fault the place. I will definately be going back there and will recommend it to my family and friends.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Really enjoyed our evening, good service in a relaxed atmosphere. Excellent choice on the menu and reasonably priced. Food perfectly cooked and well presented. Could not fault the evening so highly recommended.