“Cosy, Comfortable, Adorable place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bulls Head Inn

The Bulls Head Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hayfield
The Bulls Head Inn
Ranked #6 of 6 Hayfield B&B and Inns
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Cosy, Comfortable, Adorable place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

I found this place to stay whilst looking for accommodation when visiting Alton Towers with my partner for the fireworks. Upon arrival the lady behind the bar was friendly and helpful and showed us to our room. Incredibly clean, warm and perfect for an overnight stay. The little soaps and biscuits were a nice touch!

After returning from Alton Towers my partner and I spent the night in the cutest little pub I have been in for a long time. Open fire and a drink was the perfect way to warm up before retiring to the soft mattress in our room!
In the morning breakfast was superb and included in the price. Service was wonderful and the dining room was gorgeous.

Highly recommend this place and am hoping to stay again next year. Thank you.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Food was very nice but expensive. Atmosphere was charming for a little pub in the high street of a little village. Good location service was good all i would say is expect an expensive bill. I had steak which was nice and French onion soup. My partner chicken liver pate and steak pie. Couldn't fit in desert .

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
n.e.lincs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

after a day driving Lamborghini*s and Ferrari"s at prestwold liecestershire in the rain! we had booked into the bulls head for the night for a family day at alton towers the next day. we 6 adults and 2 kids arrived at 4pm to be welcomed by friendly staff and a much welcomed log fire! we stayed in the annex 3 rooms which were perfect for us and comfortable too! evening meal was absolutely superb as was breakfast. all the staff were attentive and friendly.We had a lovely time and really cannot fault the place..

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

I came across The Bulls Head Inn totally by accident when I was looking for somewhere to stay near to Alton Towers. They had the exact number of rooms that I needed for my party and from the beginning when I was making arrangements and bookings, the staff were extremely helpful.

The woman who met us was very understanding and showed us all to our rooms even though we took her away from the bar several times during a busy Friday night. The restaurant staff weren't fazed by this and took our orders and provided us with some delicious food without missing a beat, right up until after 9.30.

The rooms were comfortable, although there wasn't much in the way of toiletries. Another possible downside might be the location of the shared bathroom in the family room. It is right between two adjoining doubles which means that whoever is staying in the attic room can't leave if the bathroom is occupied! Still, this wasn't a problem for our group.

Breakfast options were varied and plentiful, setting us up for a full day of amusement park on both Saturday and Sunday, and the location is perfect as we were in the Alton Towers car park in less than ten minutes. We were in the restaurant again on the second evening and the size and atmosphere were excellent. Staff once again were exceptionally friendly and attentive and I can't thank them enough for making the weekend so much fun.

All in all, I thoroughly recommend The Bull's Head Inn and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Good range of rooms, doubles, twins, a very spacious twin/double and family room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

I can't rate this B & B highly enough. We booked as part of a large group for my boyfriend's 40th birthday party and everyone went the extra mile to make the weekend special. They helped me to get a birthday cake and brought it out after dinner on the Saturday and the food was phenomenally good! Generous portions, beautiful flavours and cooked to perfection.

I would happily stay here again and would recommend it to everyone

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Andover, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

We used this place to stay a few nights as its only a mile away from alton towers, but was it worth being so close. No. I'd rather have stayed at the bottom of the hill ! The room was ok to say the least the light in the bathroom didn't work but we did have a note left to tell us this but really with vacancies we could have been put in a functioning room. The bed wow get a new mattress awful springs in ours backs creeking everytime we moved. The walls must have been made a paper mache soo thin, could hear everything from the bar next door. As for the restaurant in the morning the staff are very pleasant and helpful the breakfast was nice although if you don't like black pudding, then you won't like their sausages as the made within it, other than that a nice breakfast. The evening staff are slow but pleasant but the food wasn't anything special. If you order drinks be prepared to wait 10 - 20minutes or go to the bar and get sent away as your drinks are on the list joke seeing as it was quite quiet. Last thing when you are dining together you want to eat together. Don't bring out a Blue Steak before you bring out a Rare Steak 5minutes later. Both were cold anyway. Maybe they shoud get a warming lamp for their meat before cooking it, but then most establishments know this.
Thanks won't be using you again i'd rather pay through the nose and stay at alton towers resort next time or maybe 10 mile away at Premier Inn!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JasonMarsden
bullsheadmanager, General Manager at The Bulls Head Inn, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Jason, to be honest, i also think you should pay more and stay in a 5 star resort at alton towers next time.
We are a family run 'small' business and this is reflected in the price that you pay for a room. I actually spoke to you in person and apologised about the light in the bathroom not working but its not like you were in the dark.....there was another light in the bathroom which im sure you are aware of and used. We were fully booked that weekend, if you had spoken to me about the issues you have pointed out then i would of been prepared to give you compensation as i would rather you go away happy. That room is next door to the bar, however, im baffled that you would be able to hear noise as it is solid stone that is over half a meter thick and have never had a complaint before. The same with our matresses, that is the first complaint we have had. I apologise about your disatisfaction of the sausages we had to offer that morning, we dont usually offer black pudding sausages, our butcher dropped them off by mistake and its all we had that morning, Im sure you would agree there are many other items on our breakfast menu to choose from!
I also apologise if you felt that our restaurant was not up to standards. I have looked through our reservations diary and you ate with us on the tuesday and wednesday evenings. Both nights we served over 60 meals (82 on the wednesday!) so we were very busy. If you were not happy with our service and quality why did you dine with us on boths nights and also why did you not bring this to our attention as all of our staff are trained to do quality checks? At least then we would have a chance to rectify the issues you have pointed out. Finaly, i do hope that you received the phone that you left in your room. I posted it back with no charge.

Regards.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

Friendly staff, decent facilities for a B&B, good food, great value, nice atmosphere. Definitely recommend this place if one is going to Alton Towers but not too keen on paying the high prices for one of the park's hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayfield
George Hotel
#1 of 1 in Little Hayfield
The Kinder Lodge
The Kinder Lodge
#2 of 2 in Hayfield

Been to The Bulls Head Inn? Share your experiences!