“Fab New Years Eve Stay”
Review of The Bulls Head Inn

The Bulls Head Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hayfield
The Bulls Head Inn
Ranked #6 of 6 Hayfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed with family New Years eve to enjoy the party, had two rooms, one a double, the other a triple - both very well equipped, really comfy bed and excellent value.
Had a great night enjoying the celebrations - it's our second year of doing this and you can certainly book us in again.
Thanks for a great night.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Vicky H
There are newer reviews for The Bulls Head Inn

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I absolutely love this traditional village pub! My hubby and 2 children escaped the very pricey 'school dinner' type restaurants of Alton Towers where we were staying and found this pub. We were greeted with a very warm welcome and although we hadn't booked and the restaurant was very busy the lovely lady behind the bar happily squeezed us in. The food was fresh and delicious - I would highly recommend the chicken main course and the onion rings ( my guilty pleasure!). Even my 5 year old daughter praised the staff for the high quality food and the lovely lady who found her some paper and colouring pens! We will definitely return. Thank you v much Bulls Head Inn

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

I found this place to stay whilst looking for accommodation when visiting Alton Towers with my partner for the fireworks. Upon arrival the lady behind the bar was friendly and helpful and showed us to our room. Incredibly clean, warm and perfect for an overnight stay. The little soaps and biscuits were a nice touch!

After returning from Alton Towers my partner and I spent the night in the cutest little pub I have been in for a long time. Open fire and a drink was the perfect way to warm up before retiring to the soft mattress in our room!
In the morning breakfast was superb and included in the price. Service was wonderful and the dining room was gorgeous.

Highly recommend this place and am hoping to stay again next year. Thank you.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Food was very nice but expensive. Atmosphere was charming for a little pub in the high street of a little village. Good location service was good all i would say is expect an expensive bill. I had steak which was nice and French onion soup. My partner chicken liver pate and steak pie. Couldn't fit in desert .

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2013

after a day driving Lamborghini*s and Ferrari"s at prestwold liecestershire in the rain! we had booked into the bulls head for the night for a family day at alton towers the next day. we 6 adults and 2 kids arrived at 4pm to be welcomed by friendly staff and a much welcomed log fire! we stayed in the annex 3 rooms which were perfect for us and comfortable too! evening meal was absolutely superb as was breakfast. all the staff were attentive and friendly.We had a lovely time and really cannot fault the place..

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I came across The Bulls Head Inn totally by accident when I was looking for somewhere to stay near to Alton Towers. They had the exact number of rooms that I needed for my party and from the beginning when I was making arrangements and bookings, the staff were extremely helpful.

The woman who met us was very understanding and showed us all to our rooms even though we took her away from the bar several times during a busy Friday night. The restaurant staff weren't fazed by this and took our orders and provided us with some delicious food without missing a beat, right up until after 9.30.

The rooms were comfortable, although there wasn't much in the way of toiletries. Another possible downside might be the location of the shared bathroom in the family room. It is right between two adjoining doubles which means that whoever is staying in the attic room can't leave if the bathroom is occupied! Still, this wasn't a problem for our group.

Breakfast options were varied and plentiful, setting us up for a full day of amusement park on both Saturday and Sunday, and the location is perfect as we were in the Alton Towers car park in less than ten minutes. We were in the restaurant again on the second evening and the size and atmosphere were excellent. Staff once again were exceptionally friendly and attentive and I can't thank them enough for making the weekend so much fun.

All in all, I thoroughly recommend The Bull's Head Inn and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Good range of rooms, doubles, twins, a very spacious twin/double and family room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I can't rate this B & B highly enough. We booked as part of a large group for my boyfriend's 40th birthday party and everyone went the extra mile to make the weekend special. They helped me to get a birthday cake and brought it out after dinner on the Saturday and the food was phenomenally good! Generous portions, beautiful flavours and cooked to perfection.

I would happily stay here again and would recommend it to everyone

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayfield
The Roebuck Inn
Millie's Bed and Breakfast
The Waltzing Weasel
The Waltzing Weasel
#2 of 5 in Birch Vale

Been to The Bulls Head Inn? Share your experiences!